Watch Disney Parks raise the curtain on exciting plans live today at 12:45pm EDT

NYwdwfan

Wow - I think this thread is setting a new record for the word "hopefully". Well, less than 90 minutes to the big reveal - guess I'm eating lunch at my desk today!

IWant2GoNow

Wow - I think this thread is setting a new record for the word "hopefully". Well, less than 90 minutes to the big reveal - guess I'm eating lunch at my desk today!

Figures today would be the day of my luncheon meeting at 12:30. :brick:

Guess I'll show up fashionably late to either the "this is going to be amazing" talk, or the "this is going to be garbage" complaints. :)

dweezil78

Wouldn't the fact that they're hosting this event in NYC -- and not Florida or California -- imply that, let's see... this is going to be NYC related news?

Also, in reading the blog post again they actually could be announcing this news anywhere and the news itself is about Disney Parks in NYC, hence the line "We’re unveiling some exciting plans for Disney Parks in New York City." To me, either way you slice it, wouldn't you have to expect NYC to be factored into this announcement?

My guess? Another one of Disney's new hotel projects for NYC with some kind of Broadway show attached to it similar to what you'd see at a Vegas resort.

IWant2GoNow

Wouldn't the fact that they're hosting this event in NYC -- and not Florida or California -- imply that, let's see... this is going to be NYC related news?

Also, in reading the blog post again they actually could be announcing this news anywhere and the news itself is about Disney Parks in NYC, hence the line "We’re unveiling some exciting plans for Disney Parks in New York City." To me, either way you slice it, wouldn't you have to expect NYC to be factored into this announcement?

My guess? Another one of Disney's new hotel projects for NYC with some kind of Broadway show attached to it similar to what you'd see at a Vegas resort.

But the gentleman making the announcement is Tom Staggs.

Thomas O. Staggs is the chairman of the Walt Disney Company's Parks and Resorts division.

And has been linked many times to the FLE changes. :shrug:

jakeman

Regardless of what is announced, it will shortly afterward be seen as a:

a. disappointment by the fans
b. not addressing x, y, and z which is more important to the fans
d. pandering to the fans

Really is a win-win for Disney....:rolleyes: :lookaroun

another animal kingdom lodge in NYC, with the outcome looking like jumangi

No, but really, that would make a lot of sense, a resort/theatre...."raise the curtain" it all fits

Testtrack321

Most previous attraction announcements have been near/at the parks.
Most BS celebration/marketing announcements have been in NY or some other big city.

Buried20KLeague

Regardless of what is announced, it will shortly afterward be seen as a:

a. disappointment by the fans
b. not addressing x, y, and z which is more important to the fans
d. pandering to the fans

Really is a win-win for Disney....:rolleyes: :lookaroun

My, my. That glass of yours must be half-empty. :lookaroun

I think if the announcement is revised FLE plans and it's what has been talked about here, you'll see praise. Fixing something before it's too far gone to fix is a good thing.

Beyond that, who knows. I would hope if there's any substance, that it's worthwhile and exciting. But track records on these things are that they're mostly fluff, in which case you may well see backlash.

Guess we'll know in an hour or so.

jakeman

My, my. That glass of yours must be half-empty. :lookaroun

I think if the announcement is revised FLE plans and it's what has been talked about here, you'll see praise. Fixing something before it's too far gone to fix is a good thing.

Beyond that, who knows. I would hope if there's any substance, that it's worthwhile and exciting. But track records on these things are that they're mostly fluff, in which case you may well see backlash.

Guess we'll know in an hour or so.
Oh it's not my glass...:lol:

I think it is the overwhelming expectation of what fans think should happen at these announcements that are usually in direct conflict with what the purpose of the announcements are for.

In my experience with not just Disney, but any company, to expect new information from a flashy press conference is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Especially if you are a fan of that company and follow their news and rumors closely.

These types of announcements aren't meant for us. They are meant for Joe Public who thinks about Disney Parks once every 3-5 years. We (the collective fan base) probably know or have a good idea of what is going on about 90% of the time before it happens.

So to think that not only that a press event is going to contain the 10% we don't know but address 100% of what a fan wants to see happen is the perfect storm for internet angst.

Just my take. Granted the boards here are way less cynical and angsty than they were a while back, and I am personally looking forward to whatever they announce, so we shall see.

_Scar

I think it is the overwhelming expectation of what fans think should happen at these announcements that are usually in direct conflict with what the purpose of the announcements are for.

In my experience with not just Disney, but any company, to expect new information from a flashy press conference is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Especially if you are a fan of that company and follow their news and rumors closely.

These types of announcements aren't meant for us. They are meant for Joe Public who thinks about Disney Parks once every 3-5 years. We (the collective fan base) probably know or have a good idea of what is going on about 90% of the time before it happens.

So to think that not only that a press event is going to contain the 10% we don't know but address 100% of what a fan wants to see happen is the perfect storm for internet angst.

Just my take. Granted the boards here are way less cynical and angsty than they were a while back, and I am personally looking forward to whatever they announce, so we shall see.

You're throwing out prercents like youre DWI or something!

I'm SO excited! But it sucks I can't watch it live :/

Hopefully someone will keep updating this thread please as it all happens? :shrug:

jakeman

You're throwing out prercents like youre DWI or something!
A few interesting personalities have shown up the past few days haven't they? :lol:

All percentages are made up for representational purposes only and are not authorized, condoned, or endorsed by WDI, DWI, IWD, IDW, WID, or DIW. :lookaroun

PhilharMagician

There is a lot of truth to what you say about these anouncements. This afternoon we will most likely be discussing how underwhelming the announcements were. It is pretty much what has happened the past few times major announcements, but there is still a part of me holding out hope for some major expansion or addition to Disney parks (preferably WDW).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom