Watch Disney Parks raise the curtain on exciting plans live today at 12:45pm EDT

aladdin2007

The new site isnt functioning, nothing you click on works. I see no mention of the 40th :(, unless its under the wdw link that isnt working?

_Scar

If this campaign is anything like Year of a Million Dreams, I think I will like it. Hopefully WDW will go out of their way to help create new memories at new experiences.

jakeman

The new site isnt functioning, nothing you click on works. I see no mention of the 40th :(, unless its under the wdw link that isnt working?
It is working just fine for me.

Perhaps it is getting busy as they ramp up for the announcement.

One of the things I've noticed as you flip through the photos, as of right now, it appears that a majority of the memories are from Cast Member...

I'm sure they want the site to be user generated content eventually. I just thought the tag of "I'm an employee of the Disney Family of Companies" on almost every single one somewhat humorous.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
It sure looks like "Let the Memories Begin" is going to be what this is all about. I sure hope that there is at least some news about what's coming to WDW.

dweezil78

But the gentleman making the announcement is Tom Staggs.

'Thomas O. Staggs is the chairman of the Walt Disney Company's Parks and Resorts division.'

I know -- and didn't I say this could be about a new Disney resort? Based on his title, I'm pretty certain that would fall under his area of focus. I'd be willing to bet this has nothing to do with the FLE as NYC seems like an odd place to unveil plans for something happening in Florida.

If this ends up solely being about the new Memories campaign it's pretty weak of Disney to build up anticipation over something so marketing focused as to create an actual live event and internet stream for it. They should take Apple's lead and always have a few buzzworthy zingers to toss out and get their fanbase excited rather than stir 'em all up just to disappoint.

gerryu21220

This just posted on FaceBook:

Walt Disney World LIVE: We’re unveiling some exciting plans for Disney Parks and you can watch it on The Disney Parks Blog or right here in Facebook. Just click the "LIVE EVENT" tab above. The event begins at 12:45 p.m. EST.

So, it's definitely park-related.

aladdin2007

This just posted on FaceBook:

Walt Disney World LIVE: We’re unveiling some exciting plans for Disney Parks and you can watch it on The Disney Parks Blog or right here in Facebook. Just click the "LIVE EVENT" tab above. The event begins at 12:45 p.m. EST.

So, it's definitely park-related.

They will probably discuss upcoming projects for both WDW and Disneyland, yet the Let the Memories Begin campaign ties it all together, although I would think that would be a better campaign specifically for the 40th, and not incorporating Disneyland. But doesnt look that way.

NYwdwfan

I got in before - it was basically an invitation to post your memories online so others can see - and you have the ability to sort memories by category, theme & emotion :)lookaroun). I didn't have the sound on so I'm not sure if the music would bring a tear to my eyes like the "time of your life" music does :eek:

Less than 15 minutes...very anxious!

Testtrack321

They will probably discuss upcoming projects for both WDW and Disneyland, yet the Let the Memories Begin campaign ties it all together, although I would think that would be a better campaign specifically for the 40th, and not incorporating Disneyland. But doesnt look that way.

The PR has leaked and there's no mention of new project, updated FLE, or whatever. The cat is pretty much out of the bag now.

aladdin2007

The PR has leaked and there's no mention of new project, updated FLE, or whatever. The cat is pretty much out of the bag now.

Well thats a letdown. Not that I was expecting much but at least a 40th announcement. So basically this is nothing but a new campaign and nothing more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom