Wand Removal Day: One W/ PICTURES from in the park

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I absolutely do! In one of Marni's videos they show some random guy standing up there. I guess he didn't have the video of Mickey!
I do have the Mickey videos, but couldn`t find them when I did the edit :lol:

It`s my understanding the crane will lift each removed section down to the ground inside the monorial beam. The sections will then be wheeled out under the service road behind Utilities East to a staging area near the tunnel ramp, and either stored here or moved further backstage. After that I have no idea what they`ll do with the pieces.

It`s my understanding the crane will lift each removed section down to the ground inside the monorial beam. The sections will then be wheeled out under the service road behind Utilities East to a staging area near the tunnel ramp, and either stored here or moved further backstage. After that I have no idea what they`ll do with the pieces.

Does anyone know how long this process is going to take? Will it be complete by the beginning of September?

Enigma

Account Suspended
- I am tired of being called an "EPCOT Purist" like it's something bad. I'm not a purist; I just want Disney to focus on the core values that made the former EPCOT Center great. I am not opposed to change; I'm opposed to BAD change.

Thank you! Ive been trying to get this across to people but they just don't get it.

hrcollectibles

Can someone get us a translation on this? :shrug:

What I was trying to convey was.. The Wand was originally for a celebration as was the Birthday cake Version of the castle.. The birthcake was gone after a year ( i think) yet the wand has stayed. What if they had kept the castle as it was for the birthday celebration and just repainted it after the celebration was over.. How would the Disney Purists feel then..I myself am a Huge fan Of EPCOT in fact it is my favorite park. I just hope they can bring back Epcot back to its former self

LSUxStitch

What other park lights would you make the call on?

We only did Epcot Lights, once the park was called clear (us), they turned off majority of the lights around showcase and east/west innoventions. Our team consisted of 4 castmembers, and we began at AA, we split up each clearing out every country (making sure all guests were in front and NEVER behind us), we then would rejoin at Towers Merch, and continue as 4 to the front of the park, concluding with a call over walkies that "EPCOT is clear of Day Guests" and requesting to clock out. Was an awesome job to clear the park and be there 'alone' (haha, not really, but no guests) lol.

I'm not to sure about the other parks, I believe security did their shutdowns, not castmembers.

Long Live the Rescue Rangers of EPCOT :p

Champion

I myself am a Huge fan Of EPCOT in fact it is my favorite park. I just hope they can bring back Epcot back to its former self

And this is what you are going to be disappointed about. They aren't going to 'bring back Epcot back to its former self' They are going to continue the way it is headed, which is resulting in increased attendance.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And this is what you are going to be disappointed about. They aren't going to 'bring back Epcot back to its former self' They are going to continue the way it is headed, which is resulting in increased attendance.
Whilst most of you know me as an EPCOT Center purist, the `way it is headed` is beginning to excite me. The way it went over the past decade is what is sad.

PeeplMoovr

Scrap metal is very valuable these days. :animwink:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
We only did Epcot Lights, once the park was called clear (us), they turned off majority of the lights around showcase and east/west innoventions. Our team consisted of 4 castmembers, and we began at AA, we split up each clearing out every country (making sure all guests were in front and NEVER behind us), we then would rejoin at Towers Merch, and continue as 4 to the front of the park, concluding with a call over walkies that "EPCOT is clear of Day Guests" and requesting to clock out. Was an awesome job to clear the park and be there 'alone' (haha, not really, but no guests) lol.

I'm not to sure about the other parks, I believe security did their shutdowns, not castmembers.

I feel bad every time someone mentions a Rescue Ranger. I had one for like 10mins before she was hauled off in an alpha unit. It wasn't my fault, but I felt terrible. Oh, and before anyone freaks, she's fine. Just don't let your kids horseplay in the rain around large moving objects. She was a hero - a battered, bruised, swollen, possibly fractured hero, but a hero none the less.

jmvd20

What I was trying to convey was.. The Wand was originally for a celebration as was the Birthday cake Version of the castle.. The birthcake was gone after a year ( i think) yet the wand has stayed. What if they had kept the castle as it was for the birthday celebration and just repainted it after the celebration was over.. How would the Disney Purists feel then..I myself am a Huge fan Of EPCOT in fact it is my favorite park. I just hope they can bring back Epcot back to its former self

Originally the wand was supposed to stay up until at least 2009 - it was never designed nor deemed a temporary structure.

tirian

That's a good thing! Epcot is a permanent World's Fair; it needs to change!

But the changes need to be beneficial, not cheap solutions for the heck of it all. (E.g. Imagination)

BuzzComplexCM

When I worked at MK in Tomorrowland we would do it the same way. The groups of CM's would start back by Space and move forward. One group would branch over towards Indy and Fantasyland, another group near COP and the other group towards Stitch. The groups that went towards Stitch and COP would then push everyone over the bridge into the cake/main street.

I would get that same feeling at night. No guests, no screaming, just the sound of the area music. It would always give me chills. I also liked to open in the morning and see it empty just before the ropes would fall. Kinda like the calm before the storm.

EPCOT_1138

When I worked at MK in Tomorrowland we would do it the same way. The groups of CM's would start back by Space and move forward. One group would branch over towards Indy and Fantasyland, another group near COP and the other group towards Stitch. The groups that went towards Stitch and COP would then push everyone over the bridge into the cake/main street.

I would get that same feeling at night. No guests, no screaming, just the sound of the area music. It would always give me chills. I also liked to open in the morning and see it empty just before the ropes would fall. Kinda like the calm before the storm.

No one drown, did they?;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom