Wand Removal Day: One W/ PICTURES from in the park

BuzzComplexCM

3:30 am - Tuesday July 10, 2007

The Epcot sign is totally dark. Pretty much all of SSE is dark except for one area near the rear of the sphere.

That is all.

As for tonight, the wand was turned off at 11:30PM. And as of right now, it's still off. (Yay!) Guess I'll have to check the webcam in the morning, see if anything's missing. :animwink:

-Rob

Just checked the webcam at 6am and SSE is still dark but you can see some of it now from the sun rising, and it looks that the crane has been extended taller and been moved into different positions from where it had been yesterday all day.

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
It was definitely on the move this morning...

And it's moving! The 6:00, 6:10 and 6:15 shots are all in different positions.

071020070610_s.jpg

071020070615_s.jpg

071020070620_s.jpg

071020070625_s.jpg

righttrack

This has me wondering, could it really, really be gone when I get there in 3 weeks?!?! OMG!!!! It could be!! I just realized, my children have never seen it "wand down"!

cb3k

The crane looks small considering the job its about to do... Does it extend or something? lol.
The crane actually isn't that small, it has just gotten back from the test run of the Tink Meet and Greet and was shrunk down 1/10 of its original size so she would appear as large as it...the meet and greet still has some kinks in it, as it is not currently able to shrink cranes down as small as they would like

hrcollectibles

I have never been this excited to see a crane.. I feel like I am 5 again and how I reacted the first time I saw a fire truck:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

MeTa

:shrug: Am I part of a small group that likes the wand "idea". Meaning something that adds to the ball, kind of like how the castle was done for the 50th stuff. Maybe they will add something new?

Not opposed to it staying traditional, but I do like it when they add stuff from time to time.

dave2822

:shrug: Am I part of a small group that likes the wand "idea". Meaning something that adds to the ball, kind of like how the castle was done for the 50th stuff. Maybe they will add something new?

Not opposed to it staying traditional, but I do like it when they add stuff from time to time.

You aren't alone. I would imagine most guests like something new to look at, a new reason to go, a new picture to take. If everyone truly hated it, Disney wouldn't keep putting the overlays on.

But people resist change, which is one (among others) that many resisted the wand. Why else would people long for old attractions that just weren't popular enough to stick around? Because it's a part of their past, it's nostalgic, they have an emotional attachment to it.

People who were around WDW pre-wand will generally be happy the wand is gone. People going to WDW in recent years for the first time will probably oppose it, and get nostalgic about the wand when they talk about it in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom