Wand Removal Day: One W/ PICTURES from in the park

goofntink

The main telescoping boom extends to 205ft,and the fixed jib boom adds another 98ft for a total of 303 ft. They have another jib boom for this particular crane that is bigger and makes the total height with it 498 ft:D

lilredfoxie

Ah a great sight, that ugly wand thing finally being removed...

Are they going to upgrade Spaceship Earth's lighting as well, I heard some of the more advanced lighting of the pre-wand era had to be toned down because the wand and stars on epcot got in the way of it.

CrashNet

The crane probably showed up so fast because of the tight quarters. Doesn't look like they'd have an easy time lowering it each day, so they had to get it in there and up before putting the walls up. Just my total and complete guess.

Rob562

The restrooms however are not necessary at all and have been walled off:shrug:

There are bathrooms on both sides of Spaceship Earth. From the pics it appears that the East bathrooms (behind Gateway Gifts) are walled off, but there's still the West bathrooms adjacent to the rental lockers behind the Camera Shop. (It always seemed like the East bathrooms weren't as busy as the West ones anyway. Heck, it was a few years before I realized they were even there, as we tended to walk along the western side of Spaceship Earth both entering and leaving the park.)

-Rob

StageFrenzy

There are bathrooms on both sides of Spaceship Earth. From the pics it appears that the East bathrooms (behind Gateway Gifts) are walled off, but there's still the West bathrooms adjacent to the rental lockers behind the Camera Shop. (It always seemed like the East bathrooms weren't as busy as the West ones anyway. Heck, it was a few years before I realized they were even there, as we tended to walk along the western side of Spaceship Earth both entering and leaving the park.)

-Rob

same here

Rob562

I think that web cam will tell the tale of demolition during the nights ahead.

I just looked at the time-lapse from last night. It looks like the crane probably went in around 2AM. All of the southern lighting on Spaceship Earth plus the wand was turned off between 1:55 and 2. Then at 2:15 the SSE lighting started coming back on, and at 2:25 the wand was turned back on again.

As for tonight, the wand was turned off at 11:30PM. And as of right now, it's still off. (Yay!) Guess I'll have to check the webcam in the morning, see if anything's missing. :animwink:

-Rob

Figment82

Here are a few that I took that are a bit different...

n19303205_30724185_3372.jpg

n19303205_30724186_3572.jpg

n19303205_30724187_3776.jpg

n19303205_30724188_3980.jpg

n19303205_30724189_2984.jpg

Figment571

I was actually the first guest in the park today.I was going on a tour today. It was awesome! I wish that I had a camera so I could get picks. It was realy cool being first in. They had a TT car that they drove around a bit. Some castmembers were sad to see it go, most were happy though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom