Wand Removal Day: FIVE w/ pictures from in the park and from the monorail

neworder

thats good actually, ive been to disney in florida 11 times and i cant remember the last time i just saw it blank with blue sky, must have been when i was a young un before 2000.

SJB

Thurp

I was around the boardwalk last night and I didn't pay much attention to SSE but it did seem like the Epcot letters were all gone, at least from one side.

BuzzComplexCM

Well, It's kinda like -
I liked the "2000" as it really stood for the Millennium Celebration.
But really didn't like the "Epcot" on it - so yeah - had to hide the faces so as not to be "burnt at the stake" so to speak....:hammer:

Plus if you look back at the previous Epcot updates from 2001 - you can see the progression as the "2000" was changed over to "Epcot".

I am very well aware that the "2000" became "Epcot" after the celebration. You obviously seemed to have missed my joke. So, just forget it. :brick:

uklad79

So whats new with Wand Watch 2007 today? Has the ribbon gone yet? Merf you are slacking it's not like you not to have the low down on the wand down.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*nodnods* I've been keeping tabs on the webcam - if the crane aint moving in the early morning hours, chances are nothing happened overnight.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I am very well aware that the "2000" became "Epcot" after the celebration. You obviously seemed to have missed my joke. So, just forget it. :brick:

Nooo, I'm sorry, you didn't get mine...
-----What I said was...
"Plus if you look back at the previous Epcot updates from 2001 - you can see the progression as the "2000" was changed over to "Epcot"."
-----What I really should have said is...
If you look back at the 2001 pictures that were posted here on WDWMagic from back IN 2001 - when the 2000 was changed over to Epcot - you can see the reversal of what's going on now. From them removing the 2000 and putting up Epcot, to now/the present, removing the wand & Epcot all together.
My miss typeing - hey, it was late! and I should have been in bed:snore:
Sorry for the confusion...woohoo!:lol:

gonecrazybacksn

Can't tell too much from this pic...but I thought it was a pretty cool cloud over the Wand Removal :sohappy:

SSE.jpg

Here is a couple of shots of SSE from Saturday evening. Definately appears that nothing was done recently. Notice in the one pick of the dark burn looking spots on SSE between the stars...

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
From where the spots of light are located.. i'm gonna say the last "E" is gone and the entrance-side ribbon should be about half gone.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ Nice close up pics. It looks like the stars on the Geo are fastened from behind the Alucobond pannels (there was some debate over this) and fit through the drainage slots - they should come down quickly with an absailer and a partner behind the pannels to unfasten them. Unless they can be unfastened from the outside.

BTW, the pannels in these pics don`t seem to have the same black marks as found earlier. These look more like damaged / peeling top coats, much like above the old Legacy Kiosk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom