Walt's office gone from DHS

Are you excited to see One Man's Dream close for Toy Story Land?

• Yes

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 116 77.9%

• Total voters

brb1006

If One Man's Dream closes in the future I will be very sad. I remember getting chills when I got near the 1940's section where I heard a guy singing and dancing on a screen on while looking at Pinocchio figurines (Mostly Figaro)

brb1006

So sad about this. No reason that they could be closing an attraction to make space for a walkway when one already exists,and that they can't find somewhere in WALT Disney World to relocate this stuff. Such a shame.
I agree, the exhibit is the only area where you can find anything about Walt himself. It told you some facts about him that not many people know about him and the company.

brb1006

Somebody in this thread might know- does any footage exist of the Buddy Ebsen "dancing man" machine actually operating?
Did the thing ever work?
I got chills when I was hearing the "dancing man" audio while seeing old merchandise from Disney's films made during the 40's.

YodaMan

Say "chills" one more time…

But in all seriousness, the office started to be removed weeks ago. I expect everything else is on the way out as well.

TP2000

The Magic Kingdom was not at all Walt's pet project. It was something added in to help finance EPCOT; that right there are One Man's Dream shows up as nothing more than a copy of Disneyland as a placeholder. The Walt Disney Family Museum is at least interested in more than repeating the same cliches and platitudes.

Very much agreed. Walt only walked the Florida property a handful of times in 1965-66 and he had no discernible impact on the design that the Card Walker/Richard Nunis committee approved a couple years after Walt's death. Walt had been dead for five years by the time Magic Kingdom first opened, it's just not Walt's park.

The cut-and-paste map of Disneyland circa 1966 shown clearly on the Florida property map in One Man's Dream (and the EPCOT '66 film Walt created that the DHS exhibit is based on) always gives me a chuckle, and it's fascinating how many East Coast fans and WDW CM's never seem to pick up on that. :D
gY6zrR5.png

Hey, George Kalogridis! When are you going to complete Walt's vision and open that Ice Rink and Roller Dome?!? :eek:

I have always said that any "Disney" fan worth their mouse ears should make at least one visit to the astoundingly good Walt Disney Family Museum in the Presidio at least once in their life. If you truly enjoy Walt's gifts to the world, it's a trip that you simply must make; put up or shut up, basically.

If they are moving his Studios office to a new exhibit at the Family Museum, that's a brilliant and proper decision and I'm glad Ron Miller was able to ask for Walt's property back from the theme park management in Orlando. It belongs in the Family Museum far more than it ever did in WDW.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Agree wholeheartedly with TP.

The WDFM is definitely a place that should be a absolute 'must do' for any Waltie or Parks fan within a 500 mile radius of San Francisco.
A friend and i visited a few years ago and we were both really pleased with what had been done.
Thought it was well worth the trek up the highway to visit for the afternoon, and came away with an even greater respect and sense of knowledge regarding Walt and the works he inspired.
Some of the pieces related to film making, and EPCOT i particularly enjoyed.

I read today that the people The Disney Archives are headed down to Orlando to come get all of the exhibits from One Man's Dream. It kinda sucks to see it go, but I am not upset about a Toy Story land expansion. What do you think?

brb1006

I'm still upset knowing it's going to close. Because I remember visiting One Man's Dream for the first time months ago but didn't get a chance to read all the details since my guidance counselor was busy walking ahead while I was trying to get as much detail as I can. I remember thinking if I return to WDW in the future. I'd promised myself that I would visit the place again to catch up on the details which is mostly missed by various visitors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom