Walt's office gone from DHS

Are you excited to see One Man's Dream close for Toy Story Land?

• Yes

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 116 77.9%

• Total voters
Am I excited? No.

Did we discuss this a month ago? Yes.

Is it a temporary attraction from 100 Years of Magic that just stayed? Yes.

If they're going to do something to honor Walt's legacy and history of the company, I expect grander things than OMD.
I think they do a great job from what I have seen at the Walt Disney Family Museum of honoring Walt's legacy. I also think Walt wouldnt of wanted a museum of himself in the first place.

zooey

I think they do a great job from what I have seen at the Walt Disney Family Museum of honoring Walt's legacy. I also think Walt wouldnt of wanted a museum of himself in the first place.
This. After you've been to the family museum you know any display in wdw will pale in comparison. That being said, I think it's important to show Walts story and intention for the less knowledgeable guest. I think they could have a great walk through in future world showing Walts original Epcot and progress city and all his ideas for A futuristic community.

nelsonj3

I have a youtube channel that i just started taking seriously, I am headed down in 2 weeks, go on my youtube channel in 2 weeks and I will have a very very thorough walk thru of it, I know how ya feel.

I already have an extensive walk-through of it posted to my YouTube Channel (46 minutes long). Check mine out first, and maybe you can get anything that I missed. I also have a video of the movie with source audio soundtrack on my YouTube Channel. I'll post both videos below.

Also, I'll check out your channel... :)

lazyboy97o

This. After you've been to the family museum you know any display in wdw will pale in comparison. That being said, I think it's important to show Walts story and intention for the less knowledgeable guest. I think they could have a great walk through in future world showing Walts original Epcot and progress city and all his ideas for A futuristic community.
That would inviting a comparison to the sprawl that now defines Walt Disney World.

That is a tremendous idea

I already have an extensive walk-through of it posted to my YouTube Channel (46 minutes long). Check mine out first, and maybe you can get anything that I missed. I also have a video of the movie with source audio soundtrack on my YouTube Channel. I'll post both videos below.

Also, I'll check out your channel... :)

@brb1006 check out his walk through of one mans dream!

BEARSHOUSE4

Ok, so my kids and I did the trivia challenge one day and got all the questions right. The reward for this was having them sign these large ledger books. The CM made a big deal when she said the books would always be there for them to bring their kids to see them and sign. What happens to that now?

zooey

That would inviting a comparison to the sprawl that now defines Walt Disney World.
But wdw still has a lot of the things that were to be included in the original Epcot like international shopping and exposition, a people mover, a monorail, and the magic kingdom park. Some of the ideals of Pedestrian preferred infrastructure still exist in the wdw of today even if it did not fulfill Walts vision of a true working city.

But wdw still has a lot of the things that were to be included in the original Epcot like international shopping and exposition, a people mover, a monorail, and the magic kingdom park. Some of the ideals of Pedestrian preferred infrastructure still exist in the wdw of today even if it did not fulfill Walts vision of a true working city.
I dont think Walt's idea for a city would of been feasible. I have watched the epcot video 100's of times, Im watching it now actually, I just dont see it being a realistic option. That being said, I am a stand up comedian, not Walt, so what do I know.

Tom

Beta Return
I dont think Walt's idea for a city would of been feasible. I have watched the epcot video 100's of times, Im watching it now actually, I just dont see it being a realistic option. That being said, I am a stand up comedian, not Walt, so what do I know.

You know to always end with a callback, and to make sure you have a couple options in case the crowd didn't appreciate the material the first time around.

lazyboy97o

EPCOT was not a new idea. It was over 60 years old by the time its organizational pattern found its way to Walt via Victor Gruen.

PhotoDave219

Ok, so my kids and I did the trivia challenge one day and got all the questions right. The reward for this was having them sign these large ledger books. The CM made a big deal when she said the books would always be there for them to bring their kids to see them and sign. What happens to that now?

Email wdw.guest.relations@disneyworld.com for that issue. I havent the foggiest clue.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Things like that get put away/set aside.... They may be available on request...they may find a vault somewhere. Disney is loath to throw anything away....

But @PhotoDave219 is right.... Check with GS.... They may have an interesting answer.....

*1023*

NiarrNDisney

Personally I feel that One Man's Dream was an amazing addition to DHS and I am sad to see it go. I think the Mouse should have considered making a larger exhibit and either placed it in one of the parks or better yet had it somewhere in Disney Springs and charged the public a small entry fee.

TP2000

The registries get thrown out, if they haven't been already.

On the bright side, it could be a lesson for the kids to never believe anything a WDW bus driver or ride operator or churro salesman or front desk clerk tells them. Especially when those $12 an hour employees in lumpy polyester uniforms speak in hushed, reverent tones about definitive statements like "these guest registries will be here for all eternity!"

I wish management would crack down on hourly CM's who make stuff up like that. It's unprofessional.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom