News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Miss Bella

Or it could be that they are making more money drawing unemployment with the $600 extra they are receiving.
Doesn’t that end soon?

I bet the servers are anxious for things to return to normal. Those people make good money. I’ve had a few servers in the signatures that have been there over twenty years. I don’t think I ever get out of one with less than a fifty dollar tip.

Miss Bella

Its final. We now have a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani. The best feeling is when we arrive to see my niece and nephews face when there are live animals at their resort!
That is awesome. What an upgrade. I love Animal Kingdom, but I’m a runner and there’s no running trail. One reason I picked WL was being able to run at the camp grounds.

I noticed I can now change my resort online, but everything is rack rate.

Lilofan

Doesn’t that end soon?

I bet the servers are anxious for things to return to normal. Those people make good money. I’ve had a few servers in the signatures that have been there over twenty years. I don’t think I ever get out of one with less than a fifty dollar tip.
$600 stimulus per week ends in July.

esskay

In short, (and I'm honestly asking of others opinions); is visiting WDW for a few days any more dangerous than going to the grocery store for a few days in a row?

Depends on your perspective I guess. I've not been to a grocery store for 3 months, or any other shop for that matter. We've been on lockdown in the UK so home delivery and collection have been a far better option for many of us.

Based on the one in one out policy, the directioned isles, and the screened off cashiers I think I'd rather take my chances in a supermarket than in WDW. My thinking being that you will have kids run around, you will have idiots getting too close, etc.

Based on what it's been like with Universal and Sea World people arent respecting the situation, with tons of people walking around without their masks.

In regards to touching - its Disney World. You have to touch something ever few seconds. Even with the mass cleaning that we know will be taking place its still going to be vastly worse than a grocery store.

I'm struggling to see how WDW can be considered a 'safe place' for this at all. It's so much more than just "Clean things a bit more".

Mainahman

That is awesome. What an upgrade. I love Animal Kingdom, but I’m a runner and there’s no running trail. One reason I picked WL was being able to run at the camp grounds.

I noticed I can now change my resort online, but everything is rack rate.
I was asked if i had a location in mind, like a resort area, so i said no, as i really dont. We always stay at POP usually, and only chose all star for the suites, so i said its my neice and nephews first trip ever, were excited to be back and share with them. Bonus points for my niece for live animals. Next thing i knew my jaw was on the floor from the offer to a 2 bedroom villa....

DisneyCane

Depends on your perspective I guess. I've not been to a grocery store for 3 months, or any other shop for that matter. We've been on lockdown in the UK so home delivery and collection have been a far better option for many of us.

Based on the one in one out policy, the directioned isles, and the screened off cashiers I think I'd rather take my chances in a supermarket than in WDW. My thinking being that you will have kids run around, you will have idiots getting too close, etc.

Based on what it's been like with Universal and Sea World people arent respecting the situation, with tons of people walking around without their masks.

In regards to touching - its Disney World. You have to touch something ever few seconds. Even with the mass cleaning that we know will be taking place its still going to be vastly worse than a grocery store.

I'm struggling to see how WDW can be considered a 'safe place' for this at all. It's so much more than just "Clean things a bit more".

I would rather be at WDW than a grocery store. At least there is an attempt at screening with the temperature screening. Half the people don't follow the one way aisles so you are constantly passing people less than two feet away. Any indoor attraction space at WDW will be people all going in one direction. I'm sure that some people will get closer than 6 feet in line but they do that at the grocery store also.

The stores do their best but they weren't designed to have the lines spaced out so the lines go into the aisles.

Lilofan

I would rather be at WDW than a grocery store. At least there is an attempt at screening with the temperature screening. Half the people don't follow the one way aisles so you are constantly passing people less than two feet away. Any indoor attraction space at WDW will be people all going in one direction. I'm sure that some people will get closer than 6 feet in line but they do that at the grocery store also.

The stores do their best but they weren't designed to have the lines spaced out so the lines go into the aisles.
It is going to be interesting when men and women are crammed into the bathrooms doing their business. I can't see social distancing happening.

disneygeek90

It is going to be interesting when men and women are crammed into the bathrooms doing their business. I can't see social distancing happening.
Why are people being crammed into bathrooms lol. Every Universal bathroom I’ve walked into barely had one other person. The lowered capacity is effecting all aspects of the park experience and it’s not all bad.

Lilofan

Why are people being crammed into bathrooms lol. Every Universal bathroom I’ve walked into barely had one other person. The lowered capacity is effecting all aspects of the park experience and it’s not all bad.
I will believe when I see it but we have been to the Disney parks during off peak season and some bathrooms are continually busy. One person in the Universal bathrooms?

Miss Bella

I also have three nights at Royal pacific I think Universal is going to be the highlight of our vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom