News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

gerarar

Premium Member
Universal currently does character 'parades' by randomly bringing out a float. Without announced times, they avoid crowds gathering. You either catch it or you don't (like the old walk-around characters).

SWGE can now make really good use of all those catwalks and have character up there a lot of the time.
Perfect time to bring out that Hondo suit used when GE opened in HS!! ;)

DisneyYorkian74

I expected to hear Disney address the concern of the growing virus numbers by now - instead all I’ve heard so far is more plans from Disney in how the re-opening is going to work - on time and on schedule - with no official caveats that I’m aware that Disney can still pull back at any time.

Is there any rumblings or rumors that Disney plans to directly address and explain their reasoning behind still re-opening Walt Disney World in a state with continuing rising virus numbers and that may be or shortly become the new epicenter of the country?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I expected to hear Disney address the concern of the growing virus numbers by now - instead all I’ve heard so far is more plans from Disney in how the re-opening is going to work - on time and on schedule - with no official caveats that I’m aware that Disney can still pull back at any time.

Is there any rumblings or rumors that Disney plans to directly address and explain their reasoning behind still re-opening Walt Disney World in a state with continuing rising virus numbers and that may be or shortly become the new epicenter of the country?
They are watching the situation and can still make changes at any time to the reopening plan.

TrainsOfDisney

FotLK out?

Oh I hadn’t even noticed turtle talk on the list.
This makes sense... maybe Disney is planning alternate “shows” in those spaces so cm’s have been called to those locations? I could see fotlk theatre being used for a walk through “wave at characters” type of experience.

Miss Bella

I never go to the shows, parades, or fireworks from what I can see I won't miss anything. I'm a little concerned about the lines in the heat. I waited in line to get into trader Joes today. They had misters and were handing out cold water...we won't get that at Disney.

Herdman

That one surprised me too. The 3D movie theaters are easy to control with one way in, one way out and they could easily use every other row and force space between groups. Any show where people crowd on the way in or out seems problematic to me. I guess with very limited capacity and lots of CMs to organize the crowds both coming in and leaving it’s possible, but like you said wouldn’t that apply to those other shows too?
My guess for Frozen is that it's a singalong. Many choirs across the country have had breakouts because singing is one of the worst ways that droplets become airborne.

Magic Feather

This is kind of random, but I’m curious as to what boats are going to be used for the water-bound AK Character encounters. The ones that come to mind are RoL’s old Shaman boats, but I think they are controlled by sensor only found in the show part of the lagoon. Do they have manual steering abilities (or would they perhaps just be limited to the RoL show area)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom