News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

TTA94

This is kind of random, but I’m curious as to what boats are going to be used for the water-bound AK Character encounters. The ones that come to mind are RoL’s old Shaman boats, but I think they are controlled by sensor only found in the show part of the lagoon. Do they have manual steering abilities (or would they perhaps just be limited to the RoL show area)?

Have you heard what they will use/do for Epcot?

RaveOnEd

Me too! It would give us the 2 bathrooms we need, as well as the needed beds for 2 teenagers. I'll take anything they give us,however if it happens to be kidani my neice and nephew would loose it to see animals at thier resort.
We had Art of Animation starting August 8, so looks like we’ll be moved, too! We’ll find out tomorrow!

Disney Analyst

I expected to hear Disney address the concern of the growing virus numbers by now - instead all I’ve heard so far is more plans from Disney in how the re-opening is going to work - on time and on schedule - with no official caveats that I’m aware that Disney can still pull back at any time.

Is there any rumblings or rumors that Disney plans to directly address and explain their reasoning behind still re-opening Walt Disney World in a state with continuing rising virus numbers and that may be or shortly become the new epicenter of the country?
They are watching the situation and can still make changes at any time to the reopening plan.

I honestly don’t see why they need to address anything... I’m in Canada so I’m a big proponent of being cautious, we all seem to be up here.

But...

Every other major theme park in the area is now open... Disney has to open, unless the government tells everyone to close before that, which I do not believe is going to happen anymore.

disneygeek90

I honestly don’t see why they need to address anything... I’m in Canada so I’m a big proponent of being cautious, we all seem to be up here.

But...

Every other major theme park in the area is now open... Disney has to open, unless the government tells everyone to close before that, which I do not believe is going to happen anymore.
I’d guess it’s because Disney is the big one. The one that’s going to draw people to travel. Other amusement and theme parks don’t have nearly the scope and scale as Disney. Universal has a handful of resorts to deal with. The DVC program is another problem entirely.

They have just so many balls up in the air. That’s clear based on the sheer amount of updates they’ve had to do before opening than Universal did. Usually it works well for them, just not in the midst of a pandemic.

TriSeb

Those are the reopening dates for those resorts, yes. Everyone else will be consolidated as needed.

I am under the impression that these are dates when NEW resort booking reopens for guests. However, guest with existing reservations would not be relocated. Seems odd that for a Magic Kingdom resort, Poly, ressies July 7th thru August 12th would be moved? I can swear I saw other guests being moved to the Poly from other resorts not on the June list.

Chomama

I am under the impression that these are dates when NEW resort booking reopens for guests. However, guest with existing reservations would not be relocated. Seems odd that for a Magic Kingdom resort, Poly, ressies July 7th thru August 12th would be moved? I can swear I saw other guests being moved to the Poly from other resorts not on the June list.
We had a poly reservation for 7/9-12. We were moved. We were not in the Dvc building. Hope that helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom