News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Miss Bella

Yep, I got a banana, a bottle of water, box of popcorn, bag of chips, and a chocolate chip cookie while I was in line for Rise.
I'm just hoping for rain and lots of it. It was my salvation on our last Summer trip. I've never experienced a hurricane. Considering how this year has gone I'm totally expecting it. I'll be able to check being at WDW during a hurricane off my bucket list.

TrainsOfDisney

This is kind of random, but I’m curious as to what boats are going to be used for the water-bound AK Character encounters. The ones that come to mind are RoL’s old Shaman boats, but I think they are controlled by sensor only found in the show part of the lagoon. Do they have manual steering abilities (or would they perhaps just be limited to the RoL show area)?

When they did this before (characters cruising around the water) they used one of the old discovery island boats.

DisneyCane

Saw this tweet on another thread, but its very relevant

They are just reiterating it. Gatherings over 50 people weren't allowed yet. It seems that there is evidence (for sure the protests) of people not following that guideline.

It really isn't relevant to WDW reopening. The same guideline existed when they submitted the reopening plan. They aren't treating theme parks like gatherings. They are basically treating them like giant shopping centers with a bunch of stores.

floydbeatle

No virtual queues, single rider line or FastPass+ when the Walt Disney World parks reopen
I assume Disney thinks that with lower capacity there will be manageable wait times, but I don't see that happening. With reduced hours Disney will still have everyone heading to the attractions that usually require fast pass with 2-3 hour long waits. Granted the waits won't be as long, but still seems odd that would go with stand-by queues.

peter11435

I assume Disney thinks that with lower capacity there will be manageable wait times, but I don't see that happening. With reduced hours Disney will still have everyone heading to the attractions that usually require fast pass with 2-3 hour long waits. Granted the waits won't be as long, but still seems odd that would go with stand-by queues.
Better to have guests utilizing socially distanced queues and maximizing that space than wondering around the park. Queues will naturally level themselves out to some extent. Capacity is going to be limited to a very low number during the initial reopening period.

Lilofan

They hand out water and bananas in ROTR, sooo 😉
WDW is not going to pass up opportunities to make $$. While guests stand out in the heat on line there will probably be water and drinks for sale nearby. Disney just doesn't give away the house so easily. They are a business like everything else.

DisneyOutsider

WDW is not going to pass up opportunities to make $$. While guests stand out in the heat on line there will probably be water and drinks for sale nearby. Disney just doesn't give away the house so easily. They are a business like everything else.
Maybe.. but it's worth noting that they will likely be losing money on this reopening period regardless. At least for the initial phase.

peter11435

Except of course, they did give stuff away in the exact example you quoted. And they have regularly given out cups of water in certain situations such as the BOG bridge or outside CP.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Does anyone know where they are at as far as resort modifications are date wise?
674BFD1B-008D-4915-98B4-A45E156CB517.jpeg

CastAStone

Premium Member
What does that mean? Those resorts won’t open until those listed dates?
Those are the reopening dates for those resorts, yes. Everyone else will be consolidated as needed. The All Stars, Port Orleans, plus WL & Animal Kingdom cash rooms are still TBD.

Last edited:

CastAStone

Premium Member
where did you find this info? It's interesting CBR/POP is on this list now. I am curious to see if this is part of the reason they seemed to hold off on moving the next group of reservations. Still no word from Disney for us and our check in is 7/5-714 CBR
Another board.

peter11435

does that also mean the restaurants in those resorts won’t open until those resorts open?
It depends. Some restaurants in resorts with DVC counterparts will open earlier than their non DVC resorts. For example Beaches and Cream is expected to open with BCV even though the Beach Club itself will remain closed. Some restaurants won’t reopen even after their resorts are fully operational.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom