News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Lilofan

Good morning, it’s after 8AM and there is a Disney park open (to CMs).
Disney will take anyone's $$ even if some cannot meet their obligations to pay down debt, mortgage or rent. If I was furloughed for a few months, barely getting by on unemployment and stimulus money then go to the parks and spend money there. Not my idea of getting my finances in order.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I watched a live stream for Magic Kingdom yesterday and here are some of the operational changes I saw. Things seemed to work pretty well, but crowds were very light and it was a CM preview. I did like the random entertainment they were doing, it was a reasonable alternative to M&Gs and parades.

-Social distance markers on Ferry
-Flaps held open or removed on trash cans
-Regular safety announcements
-Hand sanitizer stations before and after rides
-Social distance markers in queues
-Plastic shields between switchbacks in Seven Dwarfs mine ride queue
-Social distances Buzz M&G on tomorrowland stage
-Mickey and Friends Cavalcade randomly throughout the day.
-Limited number of people in Splash Mountain Shop
-Not loading all rows on Pirates
-Designate doors for entrance and exits
-One party per boat in Splash Mountain
-Merida on her horse and princess float instead of Festival of Fantasy parade
-Jack Sparrow social distance M&G
-Country Bear Characters on balconies in Frontierland
-Chip and Dale on the Tom Sawyer Island raft
-Characters on the train station
-Jungle Cruise no center bench seating
-Jungle Cruise plastic shields separating sections of benches
-Haunted Mansion walk through stretching room
-No-mask areas: Tomorrowland Terrace, Golden Oak Outpost, Pete's Silly Sideshow (did not see this one on the stream)
-All CM's wearing masks (except for entertainment) and a lot also wearing face shields.

Mainahman

I watched a live stream for Magic Kingdom yesterday and here are some of the operational changes I saw. Things seemed to work pretty well, but crowds were very light and it was a CM preview. I did like the random entertainment they were doing, it was a reasonable alternative to M&Gs and parades.

-Social distance markers on Ferry
-Flaps held open or removed on trash cans
-Regular safety announcements
-Hand sanitizer stations before and after rides
-Social distance markers in queues
-Plastic shields between switchbacks in Seven Dwarfs mine ride queue
-Social distances Buzz M&G on tomorrowland stage
-Mickey and Friends Cavalcade randomly throughout the day.
-Limited number of people in Splash Mountain Shop
-Not loading all rows on Pirates
-Designate doors for entrance and exits
-One party per boat in Splash Mountain
-Merida on her horse and princess float instead of Festival of Fantasy parade
-Jack Sparrow social distance M&G
-Country Bear Characters on balconies in Frontierland
-Chip and Dale on the Tom Sawyer Island raft
-Characters on the train station
-Jungle Cruise no center bench seating
-Jungle Cruise plastic shields separating sections of benches
-Haunted Mansion walk through stretching room
-No-mask areas: Tomorrowland Terrace, Golden Oak Outpost, Pete's Silly Sideshow (did not see this one on the stream)
-All CM's wearing masks (except for entertainment) and a lot also wearing face shields.
Everything i have seen, ive been impressed with. We leave in exactly 30 days to start driving to arrive on the 9th. In 1 month we will be packing the truck!! By then they will really be in the swing of things, and protocols will become habits. Looking forward to watching it all play out. Good on Disney I feel far safer going here, than my local walmart.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Once thing I wasn't clear on was the process at Splash mountain. At one point I did see them spraying disinfectant in the boats, and at another time I saw them let empty boats go by and load people into the boat people just exited. I would think if they were disinfecting, they would do the boat people just left and then send that one empty.

Also saw that the water that shoots up at the end of the drop was not operating. Not sure if that was technical or by choice.

Peoplemover was down all day, but was seen running without passengers so this was probably technical.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Once thing I wasn't clear on was the process at Splash mountain. At one point I did see them spraying disinfectant in the boats, and at another time I saw them let empty boats go by and load people into the boat people just exited. I would think if they were disinfecting, they would do the boat people just left and then send that one empty.

Also saw that the water that shoots up at the end of the drop was not operating. Not sure if that was technical or by choice.

Peoplemover was down all day, but was seen running without passengers so this was probably technical.
They are not spraying between each cycle, it seems like it may be a timed event.

Most, if not all, water effects are off. Including the water cannons.

nickys

Premium Member
There are reports that a TA Facebook page says tickets for 2020 may be going on sale tomorrow, July 9th.

The other rumoured date has been Saturday July 11th, when MK and AK open.

Hoping this is true for those of you still waiting.🤞🤞🤞
Just to add, some TAs have emailed clients saying the same thing. Looks hopeful for those with onsite stays at least (and I would hope they do get a couple of days head start).

nickys

Premium Member
Disney outlines the entertainment line-up for Walt Disney World's reopening
Interesting that they’re having a motorised cavalcade in DHS. It’s been quite a while hasn’t it? That could be a good move, although as crowds increase it might be problematic I guess.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney outlines the entertainment line-up for Walt Disney World's reopening

I'm glad to see them including Elena on the Princess Float. Shows their commitment to diversity.

Which makes me a bit surprised they wouldn't be having Miguel from Coco appear in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom