News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 8.33.56 PM.png

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks - I did check the transportation news post, but it didn't include the date they were going to start running again.

View attachment 482552

A case of one part of the website being updated before the rest.

The date was given under the Beach Club Villas amenities.

Transportation

• Bus transportation will be available between this Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area
  • Once the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will also be available to the Disney theme parks
  • The Disney Skyliner aerial gondolas will be available to Disney’s Hollywood Studios once the park reopens
  • Beginning the week of July 29, boat transportation will be available to EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios

DCBaker

Premium Member
A case of one part of the website being updated before the rest.

The date was given under the Beach Club Villas amenities.

Transportation

• Bus transportation will be available between this Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area
  • Once the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will also be available to the Disney theme parks
  • The Disney Skyliner aerial gondolas will be available to Disney’s Hollywood Studios once the park reopens
  • Beginning the week of July 29, boat transportation will be available to EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Gotcha - the quoted picture/link I posted above came from the transportation news post from this website on 7/2.

DisneyOutsider

I'm curious as to why you say this. Personally I've never had trouble with Disney transportation and saving that ~$50 a day in rental car and parking fees allows me to do an extra table service each visit.
For one, the capacity on buses has been reduced by more than half. That means there will only be a small handful of parties getting on any given bus. Wait times for a bus will likely increase during peak times of the day

Second, you do not want to be in a bus environment with your family right now. It's a higher risk activity and just not worth it considering you can easily just get your own car and thus set your own schedule and not worry about physical distancing/mask wearing/what other people on a bus are/aren't doing.

Disney's Magical Express will be dealing with the same neutering of capacity as well with the same set of concerns.

Renting a car should be a slam dunk for WDW guests right now.

Purduevian

For one, the capacity on buses has been reduced by more than half. That means there will only be a small handful of parties getting on any given bus. Wait times for a bus will likely increase during peak times of the day

Second, you do not want to be in a bus environment with your family right now. It's a higher risk activity and just not worth it considering you can easily just get your own car and thus set your own schedule and not worry about physical distancing/mask wearing/what other people on a bus are/aren't doing.

Disney's Magical Express will be dealing with the same neutering of capacity as well with the same set of concerns.

Renting a car should be a slam dunk for WDW guests right now.

Gottcha, I didn't realize you were referring specifically to the Cov-19 Magical express vs Rental Car (maybe I should read the title of the thread lol). I thought you were hating on Magical express in general (which I agree there is still some debate on)

DisneyOutsider

Gottcha, I didn't realize you were referring specifically to the Cov-19 Magical express vs Rental Car (maybe I should read the title of the thread lol). I thought you were hating on Magical express in general (which I agree there is still some debate on)
During normal times I can get away from renting a car because I know I can take Uber/Lyft anywhere for cheap and it's way better than the buses. However, I'm still not comfortable getting in one of those.. and I probably won't be for a while.

Also helps that I don't pay parking fees (DVC)

EdnaMode

It's official, neck gaiters aren't allowed in the parks

Edit: also new in that post is it explicitly states the masks must be made with at least two layers of material as well, which is most likely the main reason behind the neck gaiters not being allowed.

Most of the neck gaiters are made in a single layer of a synthetic fabric that stretches. Some are so thin and stretched you can see through them. When fibers are stretched in either or both directions, they create tiny openings that can allow microbes in/out.

Other types of masks made from fabrics with too much stretch are also not the best choice, but they're better if they are multilayered. The best choice for cloth masks are fabrics with very little stretch, tight weaves.

Short version: Right choice to reject gaiters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom