News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

DCBaker

Premium Member
luhj24jgwrvfd.png
[

"This new take on the foodie festival will debut July 15 and continue through the fall, offering over 20 signature global marketplaces like Hawaii, Hops & Barley, and Islands of the Caribbean, spaced out around the park. And, if you’ve ever imagined a world where the floral fun of Flower & Garden is sprinkled in with the global goodies of Food & Wine, here’s your chance – guests will be able to see our newest topiary, Remy, in the France pavilion and find Flower & Garden merchandise. For scavenger hunt fans, Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak scavenger hunt returns. And stay tuned as Food & Wine merchandise joins the fun later on after the festival begins.

We know the popular musical acts during the “Eat to the Beat Concert Series” often pack the house and, in an effort to accommodate proper physical distancing, we will not be able to host these concerts this year. There will be plenty of music to enjoy at America Gardens Theatre with local EPCOT entertainment such as Mariachi Cobre, the JAMMitors and more. These fan favorites will spread out their performances throughout the day, giving audiences more options to enjoy them. "

"Looking ahead to the holiday season, this may spark questions about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, which includes the Candlelight Processional. We are monitoring our new environment closely, and will make a decision on these events as we continue to learn more from government and health officials. As always, our goal is to explore every option and look at ways in which we can still host events and festivals full of Disney magic, while still operating responsibly with the health and safety of our guests and cast members in mind."

cjack300zx

Hiipaa law and the privacy rule protects the individual from having health conditions released to the public. At my job our employer would not tell us who or what department a person worked in when they were told to self quarantine. Company started that hiipaa law prevented them from doing so

DisneyDebRob

Easy, he didn’t cure COVID. He actually did commendable job of leading. Imagine, a land where there are leaders. I have a good one in CT. Too bad most su&$.
Of course he didn’t cure it. Can’t believe I’m responding to this. Was saying what a good job he did when you see what’s happening around the country in some states. If he cured it I wouldn’t be posting here, might have to rent a billboard at the very least.

TrojanUSC

Hiipaa law and the privacy rule protects the individual from having health conditions released to the public. At my job our employer would not tell us who or what department a person worked in when they were told to self quarantine. Company started that hiipaa law prevented them from doing so

This isn't accurate. They might not tell you who the person is by name but they can absolutely tell you that a coworker you worked with or came into close contact with has tested positive. They can also say that an indidiviual (or individuals) have tested positive for the virus and those having dined there should get tested. This is the foundation of contact tracing, something we've already been doing for many years for other contagious diseases.

SoFloMagic

Based on my experience actually living here in Orange County and the huge number of residents who flatly refuse to wear masks from the start of this whole thing back in March I hold out no hope. I've walked into a sandwich shop with 15 people in it and I've been the only non-staff member wearing a mask. Not one single customer besides me was wearing one. I've walked into a retail store where no staff and no customers other than me were wearing masks. I've walked into a convenience store and no staff was wearing masks and maybe 2 customers were wearing them. It is a major issue here and if nothing is going to be enforced and there are no penalties, absolutely nothing is going to change. These people believe the whole thing is a lie and masks are a waste and they have no intention of wearing them no matter what any executive order says.

The only way this happens is if merchants are fined for allowing unmasked customers in their establishments and/or if employees are not complying. Otherwise, this is just a recommendation which I assure you will be completely ignored.
Yup. That matches what I've seen.
The mayor did say that if they have reports that businesses aren't enforcing he'd look into what to do. Whatever that means...

For the first month or so when Osceola mandated masks, people took it seriously. I actually went out of my way to shop in Osceola. I'm cautiously (hopelessly?) optimistic the same may happen in orange.

techgeek

View attachment 477569[

"This new take on the foodie festival will debut July 15 and continue through the fall, offering over 20 signature global marketplaces like Hawaii, Hops & Barley, and Islands of the Caribbean, spaced out around the park. And, if you’ve ever imagined a world where the floral fun of Flower & Garden is sprinkled in with the global goodies of Food & Wine, here’s your chance – guests will be able to see our newest topiary, Remy, in the France pavilion and find Flower & Garden merchandise. For scavenger hunt fans, Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak scavenger hunt returns. And stay tuned as Food & Wine merchandise joins the fun later on after the festival begins.

We know the popular musical acts during the “Eat to the Beat Concert Series” often pack the house and, in an effort to accommodate proper physical distancing, we will not be able to host these concerts this year. There will be plenty of music to enjoy at America Gardens Theatre with local EPCOT entertainment such as Mariachi Cobre, the JAMMitors and more. These fan favorites will spread out their performances throughout the day, giving audiences more options to enjoy them. "

"Looking ahead to the holiday season, this may spark questions about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, which includes the Candlelight Processional. We are monitoring our new environment closely, and will make a decision on these events as we continue to learn more from government and health officials. As always, our goal is to explore every option and look at ways in which we can still host events and festivals full of Disney magic, while still operating responsibly with the health and safety of our guests and cast members in mind."

... Well, at least there’s confirmation that Mariachi Cobre is still on the payroll. One little spark of good FestCOT news.

SoFloMagic

View attachment 477569[

When ya need a way to get rid of all this flower and garden merch but don't wanna pay for flowers or butterflies...

cjack300zx

This isn't accurate. They might not tell you who the person is by name but they can absolutely tell you that a coworker you worked with or came into close contact with has tested positive. They can also say that an indidiviual (or individuals) have tested positive for the virus and those having dined there should get tested. This is the foundation of contact tracing, something we've already been doing for many years for other contagious diseases.
That's what we were told by Human Resources.

mickeymiss

Wasn't T-Rex later to open presumably due to being extra cautious? I'm truly baffled that they would cover up a positive case and let the person work. And not even clean. It seems a bit unbelievable tbh. A small BBQ chain in my state had one confirmed case in a worker who hadn't even been there in a week and they closed to clean.

I'm getting a little overwhelmed by the politics of covid and everything else. The media had been so harsh on Florida all along despite NYC being the biggest mess of all and I don't know what to think anymore. I can't imagine closing the country again. If covid is here to stay, we need to learn how to cope with it. We need targeted strategies to protect the most vulnerable and basic common sense for the rest of us. Part of me wishes I had immunity somehow. Not gonna lie. This is so exhausting and stressful.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Based on my experience actually living here in Orange County and the huge number of residents who flatly refuse to wear masks from the start of this whole thing back in March I hold out no hope. I've walked into a sandwich shop with 15 people in it and I've been the only non-staff member wearing a mask. Not one single customer besides me was wearing one. I've walked into a retail store where no staff and no customers other than me were wearing masks. I've walked into a convenience store and no staff was wearing masks and maybe 2 customers were wearing them. It is a major issue here and if nothing is going to be enforced and there are no penalties, absolutely nothing is going to change. These people believe the whole thing is a lie and masks are a waste and they have no intention of wearing them no matter what any executive order says.

The only way this happens is if merchants are fined for allowing unmasked customers in their establishments and/or if employees are not complying. Otherwise, this is just a recommendation which I assure you will be completely ignored.
Give it a chance. Again, if it’s not required people are less likely to comply.

Miss Bella

The Dolphin is now down to 145.00 a night. It says on the website theme park admission is not guaranteed, but is it guaranteed at a Disney resort???? It would cost me 700.00 less for a week at the Dolphin than at the CSR tower. Unless Disney gives me some super-duper upgrade I'm not sure it's worth it to stay a Disney resort over a resort in a prime location.

The only thing preventing me from booking the Dolphin is that the website is asking for full payment. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if this is accurate. The last time I only paid a one night deposit.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The Dolphin is now down to 145.00 a night. It says on the website theme park admission is not guaranteed, but is it guaranteed at a Disney resort???? It would cost me 700.00 less for a week at the Dolphin than at the CSR tower. Unless Disney gives me some super-duper upgrade I'm not sure it's worth it to stay a Disney resort over a resort in a prime location.

The only thing preventing me from booking the Dolphin is that the website is asking for full payment. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if this is accurate. The last time I only paid a one night deposit.

I believe the reservations have favorable cancellation policies. Different categories (best rate, government, etc) had different cancellation dates but I know one of them allowed cancellation on check in date.

My larger point is to book if you can cancel because I'd worry that these Disney partner hotels like Swolphin, Disney Springs area resorts, etc that in the past have been "equal" in many ways with fast pass bookings, EMH, etc, I'd expect that to go away temporarily until Disney can consistently take care of its own guests firsts.

Disney's trump card is giving first park access to its on site guests. Expanding to Swolphin and others may undermine Disney taking care of its own first. And if Disney can't get its own in the park, those guests are NOT going to be happy that Swolphin, etc guests got in.

I'm anticipating these old partnerships will be deprioritized. I'd guess these partner hotels will fall into a reservation bucket after resort guests and APs but before general public. If true, Swolphin knows this and has baked it into lower prices. Otherwise, who's going to pay old Swolphin rates when there's a chance you may not get park reservations? But we'll find out pretty quickly!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

You may have to pay in full but if I’m reading Marriotts website correctly, any reservation booked this month is fully refundable until 24 hours before check in, regardless of what rate they booked.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Swolphin normally has two prices for the same room: a cheap one which requires full payment and is non-refundable, and a more expensive price which allows a refund. Swolphin is really cheap right now because it's the summer (super hot and muggy) and all the conventions are canceled. Their prices pick back up again this Fall.

It's a good price to jump on if you know that this isn't going to be a 'do everything' trip and more of a casual walk-around and hit up a few rides in the morning and evening and nap/pool mid-day. The Swolphin is a great resort to relax in and for quick access to getting in and out of EP and DHS at will. If you're all about getting on all the rides... lower one's expectations.

And don't forget to include the hefty daily resort fee. And parking if you bring a car (which is ideal if you want to go to DAK and MK and want to avoid the COVIDy buses in the heat of the Summer).,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom