News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Unfortunately, he just said that they do not intend to actively enforce this, and there are no penalties for non-compliance. As a result, the same people who refuse to wear them now will continue to refuse to wear them. Without a penalty they’ll just ignore it.

even if they wanted to actively enforce this, do the resources to do so exist? I’m doubtful.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unfortunately, he just said that they do not intend to actively enforce this, and there are no penalties for non-compliance. As a result, the same people who refuse to wear them now will continue to refuse to wear them. Without a penalty they’ll just ignore it.
Not necessarily true. I know where I live there’s no active enforcement from law enforcement or fines for individuals that I’ve heard of and for the most part everyone complies. When it’s not required a lot of people feel they are doing nothing wrong not wearing a mask. Most people will comply with the law. Just mandating it will go a long way towards compliance. It also gives a business an additional leg to stand on. Not that it’s necessary, but they can enforce a mask rule now and say “it’s the law“ vs trying to enforce a rule that’s just their business’s rule.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well there are fines for a lot of things that aren’t enforced. I guess the threat of a fine could convince the silly ones.
I don’t think it’s fear of the threat of a fine that matters. Most people want to comply with the law. You will get a small subset of the “protest” type people looking to make a political point, but that’s a very small number of people. If you tell people masks are recommended but not required many won’t wear them (See LEGOLAND opening). If you mandate masks most people will wear them (see Disney Springs or Universal openings). It won’t be 100% that comply but a lot will.

I know LEGOLAND isn’t in Orange County...that’s beside the point. Just an example of a similar type experience in a nearby area comparing recommended vs required masks.

Rider

I call bs
BlogMickey got a comment from Landry's and it isn't a denial...

Due to privacy regulations, we are unable to disclose health conditions of any employee. However, we are here to assure the public that in the event any situation should occur, we will follow all CDC guidelines, and take all required precautions to ensure the safety of both our staff and guests.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Due to privacy regulations, we are unable to disclose health conditions of any employee. However, we are here to assure the public that in the event any situation should occur, we will follow all CDC guidelines, and take all required precautions to ensure the safety of both our staff and guests.

Yeah, I have to believe if it’s bs they would flat deny it.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

That’s BS. They can absolutely speak in vague terms (look at the Pittsburgh Penguins statement last month when a player tested positive) and they only speak as to their plans moving forward with no reference to “we will continue to” or “we have always”

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Still waiting for your call back to work?

Disney has told us that all Full-Time Attractions Cast Members will be recalled for a June 28 start date. This includes EWWS, Water Parks, Cirque, Auto Plaza, and Mini-Golf. There are still some who need to be notified by Disney. Hang tight, your call is coming!

We also have great news to report on Part-Time Attractions Cast Members. All Part-Time Attractions Cast Members who work in a Theme Park will be recalled for a June 28 start date! Those calls should begin soon."

DisneyDebRob

Not necessarily true. I know where I live there’s no active enforcement from law enforcement or fines for individuals that I’ve heard of and for the most part everyone complies. When it’s not required a lot of people feel they are doing nothing wrong not wearing a mask. Most people will comply with the law. Just mandating it will go a long way towards compliance. It also gives a business an additional leg to stand on. Not that it’s necessary, but they can enforce a mask rule now and say “it’s the law“ vs trying to enforce a rule that’s just their business’s rule.
No matter what anyone thinks of governor Wolf of Pennsylvania, and believe me, I don’t like some of the things he has done over the years, he has handled this virus masterfully. He not only flattened the curve, he suppressed it. The whole state should be in green by next Friday with the numbers coming in going down and down. Mandatory masks early on and a few other key elements and it worked. Didn’t rush things even when under pressure of lawsuits. He can now look at other states and how they handled things and be glad he took another route.

MickeyCB

No matter what anyone thinks of governor Wolf of Pennsylvania, and believe me, I don’t like some of the things he has done over the years, he has handled this virus masterfully. He not only flattened the curve, he suppressed it. The whole state should be in green by next Friday with the numbers coming in going down and down. Mandatory masks early on and a few other key elements and it worked. Didn’t rush things even when under pressure of lawsuits. He can now look at other states and how they handled things and be glad he took another route.
We're from Pa also, Pittsburgh area. And it has been handled very well in my opinion (from a medical provider view point).

MrHappy

Easy, he didn’t cure COVID. He actually did commendable job of leading. Imagine, a land where there are leaders. I have a good one in CT. Too bad most su&$.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Based on my experience actually living here in Orange County and the huge number of residents who flatly refuse to wear masks from the start of this whole thing back in March I hold out no hope. I've walked into a sandwich shop with 15 people in it and I've been the only non-staff member wearing a mask. Not one single customer besides me was wearing one. I've walked into a retail store where no staff and no customers other than me were wearing masks. I've walked into a convenience store and no staff was wearing masks and maybe 2 customers were wearing them. It is a major issue here and if nothing is going to be enforced and there are no penalties, absolutely nothing is going to change. These people believe the whole thing is a lie and masks are a waste and they have no intention of wearing them no matter what any executive order says.

The only way this happens is if merchants are fined for allowing unmasked customers in their establishments and/or if employees are not complying. Otherwise, this is just a recommendation which I assure you will be completely ignored.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"While assessing another fall special event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, we determined that many of its hallmarks – stage shows, parades and fireworks – are unable to take place in this new, unprecedented environment. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Additionally, Disney H2O Glow Nights, the nighttime special ticket event at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, will not take place for the remainder of 2020. Guests who have already bought tickets to these events will be assisted with refunds over the coming weeks."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom