News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

PREMiERdrum

Hey- there are 115 pages in this thread so it may be already covered but I do not have time to read through the whole thread. We already had our vacation booked for July 12-17. We have 2 tickets already registered for that week, we are staying in DVC at Saratoga. How do we know if we can actually get in the park? I know there will be limited capacity. Is it basically first come first serve?

There will be an advanced reservation system for park access. With existing tickets, you will likely have priority to make a reservation. Further details have not yet been released.

Jimdalva

Brooklin Disney Dad said:
Here is our check in routine:
Me: okay kids, get your bathing suits. We are heading to check out the pool.
Wife: I’ll be right there after I use our wipes to wipe down every surface and inspect the sheets.
(1 hr later...wife meets us at pool)
Wife: K. We are NOW ready to check in.

She is very particular about hotel cleaning. BTW...wipes are always covered in dirt. She gets so proud to show us all the germs and dirt after hotel “cleaning”
Same here... Wife does the full decon of the room. We aren't allowed to even sit down until she is finished.

My 2 sisters and I, (3 couples) own a beach condo in Florida that we AirB&B by the month.

Between guests, the 3 ladies spend at least 6 hours to clean a 2 bedroom unit. (I clean the back deck and the BBQ).

I often make the joke that at the Grand Floridian, 1 person cleans the same size unit in 20 Minutes!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hm ok, have the app. I guess I will wait to see what they do. Fingers crossed. We still aren't even 100% we are still going. We are more worried about the airport and the flight compared to the resorts. Has anyone heard if they plan on opening the pools at the resorts?
The DVC quiet pools will all be open, and it appears that the pool bars will be open as well. The only pool definitely not opening is Stormalong Bay.

DisneyCane

Same here... Wife does the full decon of the room. We aren't allowed to even sit down until she is finished.

My 2 sisters and I, (3 couples) own a beach condo in Florida that we AirB&B by the month.

Between guests, the 3 ladies spend at least 6 hours to clean a 2 bedroom unit. (I clean the back deck and the BBQ).

I often make the joke that at the Grand Floridian, 1 person cleans the same size unit in 20 Minutes!

If I ever decide to rent a beach condo for a month, I'll have to seek you out. That's the kind of cleaning that a germaphobe like me appreciates!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Below is Hilton’s new CleanStay program which has a similar graphic to the one Disney shows. For this item, they explain it as “Extra disinfection of the most frequently touched guests room areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more.”

Lirael

I'm confused about the ticket thing: I have a resort reservation for September, but never got round to buying the park tickets because corona happened, so I stalled. As a guest with an onsite resort reservation will they still allow me to buy park tickets or are they holding those off from resort guests too?

DisneyJoe

I'm confused about the ticket thing: I have a resort reservation for September, but never got round to buying the park tickets because corona happened, so I stalled. As a guest with an onsite resort reservation will they still allow me to buy park tickets or are they holding those off from resort guests too?
We don't know yet when they will open up the systems for new resort reservations or to purchase theme park tickets.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort now accepting reservations for July 29 and beyond

The Dolphin is accepting reservation for July 29, but not the Swan. The Swan's rezzies open on Aug 12. The final game for MLS is Aug 11.

1591828006303.png

SoFloMagic

Increased sales of special event tickets. If they do what I call "second seatings" everyday at MK, Epcot and DHS, then these revenues would greatly surpass the park hopping option. It really would rely on the App but if done right could become a very welcome change.

Likely anything like this is a long way off and would require the use of A.I.. But they are taking small steps towards an App driven park. No doubt about it.
Maybe even a genie driven park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom