News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I just got the e-mail from Disney which said to call. So I called. My 3 nite Boardwalk Inn July 6 thru 9 was changed to Boardwalk Villas , July 17 thru 20. Then they gave me the new total, my confirmed rate of $1163. went UP to $1656. After much polite conversation , they said SORRY nothing they can do. I didn't make the change, and I did not cancel. Im hoping public outcry will get them to change that policy . I won't hold my breath, nor will I cancel till the last minute.

Umm, I had thought that has always been the policy. You could have been upgraded on your original dates at no cost to a better room, but you chose to change your dates.

I was wondering this too. It seems like some people get free upgrades, some get asked to pay for upgrade even with the same dates. People that are modifying to Fall dates are still only being offered DVC. One person was able to modify to a mod in November.
There doesn’t seem to be any consistency.

I told them anytime after July 15, when parks are open. They quoted July 17.
Not sure how you can state that you didn't ask for the change when you just said - anytime after July 15 - that's called asking them to change your dates.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Guest flow testing?

Hmm.. a darker shade of pink toward the back...

1591983412601.png

But, as always, it's not done until it's done.

ifan

Hmm.. a darker shade of pink toward the back...

But, as always, it's not done until it's done.

Choosing colors for the castle must be incredibly difficult. The Florida sun will lighten the pink up pretty quickly (which I assume is what they are betting on.) Freshly painted it will look a bit jarring, but by the end of the summer it will start to look quite good.

The people walking around may be for the filming they are doing this week - have to make covid safety videos :) One of the comments on his twitter mentioned that they received a casting call for it.

RaveOnEd

We're now within the 30 day mark. I'm eager for more information regarding the reservation system. I don't see how they can keep us in the dark much longer.
I was thinking the same thing. As far as I know, they're contacting existing reservation holders to do what they need with their bookings.

I hope they get to ours soon, since we're due there early August. Not sure if I can add someone to our reservation.

But having the system, and even the people working there, completely down from doing anything is a little frustrating.

JohnD

Choosing colors for the castle must be incredibly difficult. The Florida sun will lighten the pink up pretty quickly (which I assume is what they are betting on.) Freshly painted it will look a bit jarring, but by the end of the summer it will start to look quite good.

The people walking around may be for the filming they are doing this week - have to make covid safety videos :) One of the comments on his twitter mentioned that they received a casting call for it.

If they get done with the painting soon enough, they might as well get out the crane now and put up the castle lights. Get it done now before the park opens.

Disstevefan1

I can see it now.... "In order to ensure social distancing for the safety of our guests, we will not be lighting the castle this holiday season" ........ The real reason..... because MONEY.

peter11435

If they get done with the painting soon enough, they might as well get out the crane now and put up the castle lights. Get it done now before the park opens.
The funny thing is that the nets and lights for the castle decor package are all custom painted and dyed the appropriate castle color for their location so they blend in. Hopefully they plan ahead.

gerarar

Premium Member
You have some good eyes. I looked until I couldn’t take the strain anymore.
Here's some close-ups from the other aerials.
ppl.PNG

ppl2.PNG

pp3.PNG

In the front by the base of the clocktower. Personally I think they like to have coffee there and look up Main St.
From the close-ups, it actually seems like they're doing maintenance work on the pyro launches judging from the power cords/lines next to the two CMs.
Which is weird because HEA is gonna be MIA for a while I'm pretty sure!!

Peter Pan's Shadow

To add a bit more specificity, your check out date can be no later than July 11. They will not talk to anyone with a departure date of 7/12 or later right now.
I was going in that category, July 3 to July 10 and I called today. Not sure if it was the cm I was speaking with or the answers I did(n’t) get, but it was a horrible call. I could only change to a DVC resort, cost was going up, didn’t know if I could get into a park based on new scheduling system. And all the while when I tried to ask a question, no matter what question, he would not answer the question, but rather slip and slide and end up saying “no one knows, we can’t guess. We don’t know the parks will for sure open on the dates in July, etc.” I finally said, I understand that we don’t know the future, but IF they open and IF things don’t change could I be turned away from a park based on new booking process. He said, “well we can never guarantee that you’ll be allowed in the parks, there could be a pandemic or a hurricane “. LOL I finally realized he wasn’t into answering anything so I just canceled. All this was as I was in the airport to fly home from being at Universal all week. It was a perfect week there.

techgeek

Now that's quite interesting.

I have no idea what kind of numbers Volcano Bay is pulling, but I feel like Disney could easily open one of the water parks tomorrow and have a decent local crowd with the weather here settling down into summer-mode. I was initially pretty concerned over potential risks, but I think all things considered it turns out the water parks might be one of the best 'hostile' environments for the virus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom