News Walt Disney World to eliminate self-service paper straws and plastic lids

LittleBuford

I don’t think your home is a commercial food establishment- it’s standard to be given drinks with lids at any major fast food / coffee shop, etc.

So…. Why should things be different at Disney?
Because it soon won't be standard, and we all have to adapt to drinking lidless as we already do at home, in bars, at non-fast-food restaurants, etc. (I've already acknowledged that they need to provide cups that are designed to be used without lids. People are right to complain about that.)

LittleBuford

Doubtful. The lid wasn’t invented for fun - it serves a very practical purpose.
They're already banned in France (and probably other countries too, though France is the one I know about because I travelled there this summer). People there are handling it just fine, including at Disneyland Paris.

solidyne

[...] we all have to adapt to drinking lidless [...]
Oh we do, do we? You'll have to pry the lid from my cold, dead hands!

Actually, I hate lids. I like for my plastic straw to move freely, or at least as freely as my huge pile of ice will allow.

Last edited:

Minthorne

It takes no effort for the person who is handing you the drink to ask if you need a straw. See the difference? By asking, it let's the guest know that they're available. By hiding them behind the counter and not offering, the guest will quite possibly assume that there are none to be had.
This is what would makes sense to me.

Disstevefan1

this was my experience over Labor Day weekend. Every place we asked said that they did not have any lids.
See now THIS is a problem. Folks are saying, bla,bla, there is no problem, just ask for lids and straws, bla,bla, and this is actual proof there are no lids.

AND TO BE VERY CLEAR, WE ALL KNOW THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT, ITS ABOUT WDW SAVING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Disstevefan1

Just sat down at the boardwalk and a bug landed in my drink. Another reason lids are nice to provide guests.
THIS.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom