Walt Disney World to build 2,000-room Hotel: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

RiversideBunny

...If you were born in the first decade of the Legendary years, you would be 100 plus to day. Born in the teens and you would be in your 90's, 20's in your 80's, 30's in your 70's. Most people at those ages have kids who are adults who have kids who are adults who have kids. There just aren't enough 80 to 110 year olds traveling to Disney to make the Legendary years a viable nostalgia attraction.

The Carousel of Progress features the early 1900's primarilly. Most people who see that attraction are relatively young.

I don't think that people go to Pop Century based on when they were born in order to relive those times. The one time that we stayed at Pop Century we were in the 60's building. There wasn't a lot there that reminded me of the big events of the 60's.

IMHO they decided to finish the other half of Pop Century as the more profitable family suites and, in order to prevent confusion with both sides of the lake having the same Pop Century name, they totally divorced the new area from Pop Century and gave it a different name.

Actually a smart business move on WDW's part.
:)

Pioneer Hall

I hope they refurb the Pop to fit the theme, then. Maybe with some old school Disney Animation... Snow White, Pinochio, Peter Pan... That would be cool!

I think that you might see older films on the other side if they do refurb it (which I have already stated I think will happen) because of what is already there. It seems like one side is already featuring "newer" movies with the areas that are going to be built. With the Lady and the Tramp and Jungle Cruise partially in place on the other side, you would probably see two other areas that would have a bit of an older theme. I would expect the two sides to have name differential again like the plan originally was with Pop. The whole resort would be Art of Animation...but one half can be something like the "Golden Years" and the "phew we finally made good movies again years"

Wilt Dasney

There is no financial incentive for WDW to refurbish or redecorate or re-theme the existing half of Pop Century.

Unfortunately, that's a strong argument.

For all the talk about how much sense it would make in giving that slice of property a unified aesthetic, the argument that Disney can still fill the rooms just as profitably without renovating PC looks like the winner.

But we can always hope. :cool:

Gatorboy

With the popularity of the Nickelodeon's resort, I would hope plus-ing the Animation resort with the main pool being a mini-waterpark similar to Nick's. They could one up them by enclosing the main pool to protect from the elements. I do feel a retheme of Pop is in order. I don't know how often they refurb rooms, but they could change over to the new theme during normal refurb, just adding new icons to the buildings as they're done. Of course, if they had a mini waterpark at the new resort, it would only make sense to add an outdoor version at the Pop's main pool. I also really liked the name Animation Inn & Suites. Just sounds like a place I'd like to stay

_Scar

I like the idea of rethemeing All-Star rooms to WDW Resort theme.

Maybe each hotel can be represented and they can give the "you wish you were staying here, not All Star resort next to the pop warner team"

rofl

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree with the many who have said that this is a welcome answer for a need for more value based rooms.

Only sad thing is that this would be a great opportunity for some nice restaurants, but the more sit down type sites aren't linked with the value resorts. Thinking of something along the lines of Artist Palate from DCL.
Guess we'll have to settle for another Pizza Planet...

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/04/14/a-sneak-peek-at-animators-palate-on-the-disney-dream/

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
2: Re-theme the entire resort to something else. With all the hooplah over converting some of the rooms at Caribbean Resort into a PotC motif, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire All-Star area got retrofitted with a "Walt Disney World Resort Resort" theme, with rooms set up to remind people of their favorite attractions.

An attractions of yesteryear resort. Themes of 20k, Horizons, WoM, Mr. Toad. I think it would be a hit.

yoyoflamingo

Found the pic I was thinking of in Marni's photo album.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=7857&size=big&cat=500&sort=1

From looking at that pic of the master plan, we can probably make some assumptions from the shape of the pools. To me they look like a rocket ship, a coke bottle, and a US route marker sign (probably route 66 themed).

Edit: Route 66? I think we know which buildings will have the Cars theme now!

I also remember hearing there would be a giant Monopoly board in there somewhere as well. Looking at this overview, perhaps the second one from the top would be that? Like the Foozball courtyard in the current Pop?

Disneykidder

This may have been said or asked before but how is it that a suite will be in the price range of $82 a night? We stayed in a family suite at ASMusic and for what it cost we could have easily stayed in a moderate hotel. So im thinking that it may be $82 for the regular room and more for the suite so don't so excited here people.

RiversideBunny

Current price for a family suite at the All Star Music resort is $190 - $355, depending on the time of the year and the day of the week.

A regular room there runs $82 - $154.

trr1

Current price for a family suite at the All Star Music resort is $190 - $355, depending on the time of the year and the day of the week.

A regular room there runs $82 - $154.

room rates
2010 mod
most sleep 4 ppl some sleep 5 ppl

por2010.jpg

Room Rates (2010)value resorts most sleep 4 ppl

pop2010.jpg

as music

Room Rates (2010)

almusic2010.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom