Walt Disney World to build 2,000-room Hotel: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

Skipper Dan

It sounds like it will be a great addition to WDW.:sohappy:

I wonder if the History Channel ever asked to use the Legendary Years for its "Life After People" series?

"Disney - 7 years after people....."

sorry, I couldn't resist it.:ROFLOL:

Call me sick, mental, or disturbed, but I always wanted to see a "Disney After People."

As far as the announcement, I LOVE the POP Century, it's a part of my childhood, and I would hate to see it converted into this "Animation" theme. The theme of the resort? I'm neither liking it or disliking it.

Fantasmic

... each with a theme from a different animated movie: The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Finding Nemo and Cars.

Why not such films as SNOW WHITE or THE JUNGLE BOOK, which imho are much more meaningful than the ones listed above.

LoriMistress

That is awesome that they're building another value resort, but I'm not sure why since they still have the other POP section that's still not complete. I'm not sure why they're not completing the POP (golden years) section.

Wilt Dasney

That is awesome that they're building another value resort, but I'm not sure why since they still have the other POP section that's still not complete. I'm not sure why they're not completing the POP (golden years) section.
They are completing it...as this resort. It's the same buildings.

DonaldDoleWhip

I'm annoyed (but not surprised) that Pixar is taking up half of this resort. Would have preferred to see a Disney Renaissance theme (Little Mermaid, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin). But I guess the Cars suites will be pretty successful.

JEANYLASER

great article! I would like to stay in the Finding Nemo wing! and also the shops and the food courts and the arcade and a pool, and one more thing to add this newest hotel to the planning dvd for 2012!:sohappy:

mickey2008.1

ts great to see a new resort come to life. It sounds really neat and will probably be the place i will book with the kids in two years.

majortom1981

hmm

How are these suites compaired to a dvc room besides price . I am curious as to if these include kitchens? or just 2 rooms linked by a common area sans kitchen? Isnt this screwing over the people who bought into the dvc?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
How are these suites compaired to a dvc room besides price . I am curious as to if these include kitchens? or just 2 rooms linked by a common area sans kitchen? Isnt this screwing over the people who bought into the dvc?

Basically two value resort rooms. Having been a DVC owner. No. They are not screwing anyone over. DVC still much nicer.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Their amenities:

Family Suite Accommodations:
All Suites measure 520 square feet
Up to six guests (plus one child under three)
Master bedroom: queen bed, TV armoire with 27” flat screen TV, night tables, small chair and desk
Family room: full-size pullout sofa, convertible twin ottoman & convertible twin chair sleepers (3 separate sleepers), TV armoire with 27” flat screen TV, small dining table with chairs
Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot and cabinet space
Two-full bathrooms with sink and vanity outside of bath/toilet area
Privacy curtains between bathrooms’ vanity area and main rooms
Disabled-accessible rooms are available
In-room pizza delivery
Irons and ironing boards
Hairdryers
In-Room Wall Safe
Alarm Clock
Dual line phones with voicemail
Satellite TV with Disney Programming
High Speed Internet Access (additional charge)
Convenient self-parking
Pak-n-Play crib available upon request
For photos of the suites when they were first opening, look here:
Peak at All-Star Suites
And I don't see how having suites at a value resort is scr#wing anyone over....

DimpledDevil18

I think this is great news! It's nice to see Disney actually doing something with the unfinished side of Pop. We stayed at Pop on our last trip and loved it! I was all excited at the idea of a family suite until I did the math and realized that for my family, a suite probably is not the best option for us. There's 6 of us, but we are all pretty much adults. Last trip we actually wound up with three rooms at Pop, so we could each have our own bed. Sticking the 6 of us in one suite would probably be a little tight. Not like we are planning another trip to WDW as a family anytime soon and by the time we do who knows how our family may grow? I think it's a great option for families with young children and would've worked out great for my family in our earlier years.

As for the retheming of Pop, I can see why it makes sense to make it more cohesive with the new resort, but the selfish part of me would like it to stay as it is. I'm a HUGE pop culture junkie, so I LOVED the theming, especially the shadow boxes with all the memorabilia from the different eras on the walls.

majortom1981

Their amenities:

Family Suite Accommodations:
All Suites measure 520 square feet
Up to six guests (plus one child under three)
Master bedroom: queen bed, TV armoire with 27” flat screen TV, night tables, small chair and desk
Family room: full-size pullout sofa, convertible twin ottoman & convertible twin chair sleepers (3 separate sleepers), TV armoire with 27” flat screen TV, small dining table with chairs
Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot and cabinet space
Two-full bathrooms with sink and vanity outside of bath/toilet area
Privacy curtains between bathrooms’ vanity area and main rooms
Disabled-accessible rooms are available
In-room pizza delivery
Irons and ironing boards
Hairdryers
In-Room Wall Safe
Alarm Clock
Dual line phones with voicemail
Satellite TV with Disney Programming
High Speed Internet Access (additional charge)
Convenient self-parking
Pak-n-Play crib available upon request
For photos of the suites when they were first opening, look here:
Peak at All-Star Suites
And I don't see how having suites at a value resort is scr#wing anyone
over....

It would be because it ends up cheaper then getting the dvc and paying for it every year iF you were to compaire it to getting a family suite every year.

ILVWDW

I am pretty sure your concern will be addressed. I would be very surprised if the current pop century isn't closed in 2012 to be converted to this theme. Since the lady and the tramp and jungle book buildings are already part done, it seems like a no-brainer to me. The resort will undoubtedly share services, so they are going to have to unify them somehow.

Interesting point...possibly changing the current POP resort to unify them. I bet you're right. I'll be at POP in August (1st stay at this resort) and am looking forward to seeing what's going on as far as construction goes. I was going to request a lakeview room but now I'm not so sure. I worry about construction noise. We'll see...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It would be because it ends up cheaper then getting the dvc and paying for it every year iF you were to compaire it to getting a family suite every year.

People choose to buy into DVC, no one forces them. And the DVC resorts are considered Deluxe, for the most part. So I still don't see how building and/or staying at a suite in a value resort purposefully scr#ws over DVC members. They made the decision to join and stay at DVC, while others didn't....

trr1

maybe a kitchenette
asmfs floor plan

croppedall-star-music-family-floorplan1.jpg

video of room
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...42bddac861b5af206a5442bddac861b5a-85974123377

tecowdw

I wonder if they will give it a separate main entrance form the existing Pop Century one. It would be weird to have two different resort signs at the same entry. Even Port Orleans retained different entrances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom