Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

legwand77

I think a lot of states switched to the shorter quarantine time already, but it could help with employers who were still requiring the full 14 days. I personally think anyone who travels should get themselves tested upon returning anyway so shortening the quarantine time will only encourage that more.

With the distancing required in restaurants they need to open more restaurants or at least more space.
True not as a big of an impact with state travel restrictions, will help with schools and job requirements as they will follow cdc. Overall it is a lessening of quarantine rules, which I agree will encourage more testing as needed.

Yes glad to see they are opening more every day especially the QS, at least there are more options.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
True not as a big of an impact with state travel restrictions, will help with schools and job requirements as they will follow cdc. Overall it is a lessening of quarantine rules, which I agree will encourage more testing as needed.

Yes glad to see they are opening more every day especially the QS, at least there are more options.
It’s not unrealistic to think they will need all or most of the locations by the summer assuming the vaccine distribution isn’t botched. Definitely some pent up demand there. I think the vaccine dropping and hitting mass distribution in the next 6 months or so may actually deter many people from taking a trip to WDW until the late Spring/summer. It may be like the down period right before the second Potter land opened at Uni. Lots of people deferring a trip until a later time to try to get a better experience. Why drop thousands to go in Feb with limited hours, masks, distancing, long lines and no night entertainment when you can defer until June in the hopes some or all of those things change.

dreday3

It’s not unrealistic to think they will need all or most of the locations by the summer assuming the vaccine distribution isn’t botched. Definitely some pent up demand there. I think the vaccine dropping and hitting mass distribution in the next 6 months or so may actually deter many people from taking a trip to WDW until the late Spring/summer. It may be like the down period right before the second Potter land opened at Uni. Lots of people deferring a trip until a later time to try to get a better experience. Why drop thousands to go in Feb with limited hours, masks, distancing, long lines and no night entertainment when you can defer until June in the hopes some or all of those things change.

We are going late April/early May (assuming we can) and I hope to god that people push their trips back.
We are fine with masks, what's open now (I think even more will be open by then as far as food), hrs ( as long as open to 7 or 8, we're good) as we got a super discount! If it's not crowded? Perfect.

And then we'll go back 2023 when it's all nice.... :D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We are going late April/early May (assuming we can) and I hope to god that people push their trips back.
We are fine with masks, what's open now (I think even more will be open by then as far as food), hrs ( as long as open to 7 or 8, we're good) as we got a super discount! If it's not crowded? Perfect.

And then we'll go back 2023 when it's all nice.... :D
You should be good unless things go way better than expected. I am thinking they won’t start pulling back on restrictions until around Memorial Dayish assuming that the vaccination plans go well. I am in the same boat for my August trip. We cancelled last year in Aug and pushed back a year so I’m almost definitely going this year. If the masks and distancing are around we will just deal with it and alter our normal plans. Even better would be if Covid restrictions are gone by late spring or early summer. What I am hoping to avoid is a situation where many Covid restrictions (specifically masks) are lifted right before we arrive and there is a crush of people showing up who wouldn’t go if they had to wear a mask. I’m hoping that the crush happens earlier in the summer and the crowds are down again late summer as southern schools go back to normal school.

I haven’t been to WDW since 2017. We are DVC owners and have the right amount of points to usually go every other year but we went to CA in 2019 and did DLR and then cancelled in 2020. It’s been so long I may actually need to pick up some park maps ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So much for demand dropping off after the thanksgiving holiday. Looks like capacity will probably be hit all weekends up to Christmas at this rate.

Not surprising. They have all the Christmas stuff up and there isn’t a whole lot of other stuff to do these days. Weekdays could even get busy the last 2 weeks as many of the people who still have jobs have extra time off left over this year since so many people cancelled vacations or skipped time off when things were more shut down. If they are regularly hitting capacity still mid-week in the middle of January that will be a surprise.

dreday3

You should be good unless things go way better than expected. I am thinking they won’t start pulling back on restrictions until around Memorial Dayish assuming that the vaccination plans go well. I am in the same boat for my August trip. We cancelled last year in Aug and pushed back a year so I’m almost definitely going this year. If the masks and distancing are around we will just deal with it and alter our normal plans. Even better would be if Covid restrictions are gone by late spring or early summer. What I am hoping to avoid is a situation where many Covid restrictions (specifically masks) are lifted right before we arrive and there is a crush of people showing up who wouldn’t go if they had to wear a mask. I’m hoping that the crush happens earlier in the summer and the crowds are down again late summer as southern schools go back to normal school.

I haven’t been to WDW since 2017. We are DVC owners and have the right amount of points to usually go every other year but we went to CA in 2019 and did DLR and then cancelled in 2020. It’s been so long I may actually need to pick up some park maps ;)

Same here! 2017 was our last trip.

We were booked May 2020, but we actually cancelled in Feb before everything due to spending all our extra money on one of our 4 year old cats who had cancer that we tried to save, but sadly couldn't. :( So, technically, we didn't cancel due to Covid.

We really need to go back. We haven't even seen Toy Story Land! So much that's not new to everyone else is still going to be very new to us. Heck on the 2017 trip I missed the Frozen Ride and Flights of Passage because we both got sick and spent last few days in room. Horrible trip! :D But those rides will be new to me!

I hope we both have great trips!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Same here! 2017 was our last trip.

We were booked May 2020, but we actually cancelled in Feb before everything due to spending all our extra money on one of our 4 year old cats who had cancer that we tried to save, but sadly couldn't. :( So, technically, we didn't cancel due to Covid.

We really need to go back. We haven't even seen Toy Story Land! So much that's not new to everyone else is still going to be very new to us. Heck on the 2017 trip I missed the Frozen Ride and Flights of Passage because we both got sick and spent last few days in room. Horrible trip! :D But those rides will be new to me!

I hope we both have great trips!
Same here.

I got lucky and saw Galaxy’s Edge in CA in 2019 before it opened in FL and got to ride Smuggler‘s Run and it was awesome (as a kid of the 80s I teared up a little when I first saw the full size MF) but Rise wasn’t open yet so didn’t get the full experience and Toy Story Land and the Great Mickey Ride weren’t open yet at WDW in 2017 so that will be new along with hopefully Rat in EPCOT. Good stuff. Lots to look forward to. 2021 💥🥳🎊🥳🤩😎

legwand77

Not surprising. They have all the Christmas stuff up and there isn’t a whole lot of other stuff to do these days. Weekdays could even get busy the last 2 weeks as many of the people who still have jobs have extra time off left over this year since so many people cancelled vacations or skipped time off when things were more shut down. If they are regularly hitting capacity still mid-week in the middle of January that will be a surprise.
Some is also due to the annual national cheer and dance competition this week in Orlando

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some is also due to the annual national cheer and dance competition this week in Orlando
That’s just foolish. I know you disagree, but we have to have some level of self control. Why not just postpone until June? People need to spend a little bit of time to stop and think before just acting. In all honesty I’m not sure why anyone who lives locally would be happy to see people from all over the country flying in to the area and you know if someone flies all the way to Orlando and has been practicing for weeks or months there‘s a good chance they go and compete even if they feel a little off that day. That has superdspreader written all over it. What a shame. :(

legwand77

That’s just foolish. I know you disagree, but we have to have some level of self control. Why not just postpone until June? People need to spend a little bit of time to stop and think before just acting. In all honesty I’m not sure why anyone who lives locally would be happy to see people from all over the country flying in to the area and you know if someone flies all the way to Orlando and has been practicing for weeks or months there‘s a good chance they go and compete even if they feel a little off that day. That has superdspreader written all over it. What a shame. :(
Still waiting on all the super spreader events that you have been saying would happen from all the events that have taken place for months now. All these events have been approved by the Orange County Health Dept. All are set up and have been operating safely. It is no different than people flying in from all over the country and even world to visit WDW daily. What is worse about these sports comps than the parks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Still waiting on all the super spreader events that you have been saying would happen from all the events that have taken place for months now. All these events have been approved by the Orange County Health Dept. All are set up and have been operating safely. It is no different than people flying in from all over the country and even world to visit WDW daily. What is worse about these sports comps than the parks.
There are 10K cases a day happening in FL right now. Who is to say where the cases are coming from. It’s naive to assume that if you don’t see a news story specifically calling out something out that it’s not happening.

The CDC is recommending no unnecessary out of state travel right now. These are not necessary events. They should be canceled or at least delayed. Not at all necessary. Right now people shouldn’t be flying into FL to visit WDW either. It’s also against CDC recommendations. It’s not difficult to comprehend. In less than 6 months many things will probably change, but it’s heartbreaking to see that as a nation we have so little will power or ability to sacrifice any personal desires for the greater good. This is probably not the thread for this type of discussion so I’ll leave it at that. I know you disagree and there’s no changing either of our positions.

legwand77

There are 10K cases a day happening in FL right now. Who is to say where the cases are coming from. It’s naive to assume that if you don’t see a news story specifically calling out something out that it’s not happening.

The CDC is recommending no unnecessary out of state travel right now. These are not necessary events. They should be canceled or at least delayed. Not at all necessary. Right now people shouldn’t be flying into FL to visit WDW either. It’s also against CDC recommendations. It’s not difficult to comprehend. In less than 6 months many things will probably change, but it’s heartbreaking to see that as a nation we have so little will power or ability to sacrifice any personal desires for the greater good. This is probably not the thread for this type of discussion so I’ll leave it at that. I know you disagree and there’s no changing either of our positions.
So your theory it sounds like you think they should close WDW immediately. Nothing there is necessary. Or is it? Should everyone close everything you deem unnecessary otherwise it is heartbreaking and shameful. Really?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom