Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I will celebrate turning over a new leaf, one week after I get my second vaccine shot. That will likely not happen until after January 1st. There is also obviously a once every four year holiday later that month that will also cause me to celebrate. New Years itself though remains stupid and pointless.
Fair enough. I am planning to celebrate both the end of 2020 and the week after my second shot. I’ve got some lost celebrating to make up for ;). NYE will probably be at home with my kids watching an empty Times Square ball drop.:(

LastoneOn

That is a “leap of faith”...it’s a “longjump of faith”😂
You think people spending money to go to WDW for New Years aren't aware of the restricted hours and canceled events?? If so, so what. That's their problem, right? Wring of hands and fretting aka "Disney needs to do something" here on an internet forum isn't helping those poor sods one bit. Its stupid.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You think people spending money to go to WDW for New Years aren't aware of the restricted hours and canceled events?? If so, so what. That's their problem, right? Wring of hands and fretting aka "Disney needs to do something" here on an internet forum isn't helping those poor sods one bit. Its stupid.

I’m not saying it’s not on them. It is. But that won’t stop outrage on-site on 12/31 at all. The spoiled don’t “turn it off”

And to be clear: I’m not separating myself from that classification of a frequent wdw traveler.

Parker in NYC

What's with this new line of reasoning regarding the ineffectualness of arguments made on internet forums? No one pulled this card out before the last few weeks. Obviously, something changed. You can't moot something just because you disagree with the facts. We all know that discussions on forums and twitter (unless you're the President of the United States) are ineffectual and uninfluential.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's with this new line of reasoning regarding the ineffectualness of arguments made on internet forums? No one pulled this card out before the last few weeks. Obviously, something changed. You can't moot something just because you disagree with the facts. We all know that discussions on forums and twitter (unless you're the President of the United States) are ineffectual and uninfluential.

...If I profess my undying love for you (strictly platonic), will you take it the wrong way??

dreday3

I thought we were talking about Florida, not Illinois. ;)

I'm not sure of the point of this, but it's been all over the news. Especially here.

Positivity rate is trending down again if you are concerned, started last week. I think 12.1%. Also, outside of holiday weekend, we've been testing over 100,000 a day. And we went into a soft lockdown, no restaurants, bars, etc., our Governor pulled back on the entire state.
Will Florida do the same when your cases inevitably increase?

TrainsOfDisney

You do realize they are shooting off pyro nightly, of course not a full show but they are shooting pyro, and they began doing it without any prior announcement.
Despite some saying it “ain’t gonna happen” I think it’s quite possible Disney extends park hours and does a small countdown / pyro show at 12 am.

At this point there’s no predicting ANYTHING in 2020! Ha

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not sure of the point of this, but it's been all over the news. Especially here.

Positivity rate is trending down again if you are concerned, started last week. I think 12.1%. Also, outside of holiday weekend, we've been testing over 100,000 a day. And we went into a soft lockdown, no restaurants, bars, etc., our Governor pulled back on the entire state.
Will Florida do the same when your cases inevitably increase?

Problem is the number you’re looking for is 3%

legwand77

Despite some saying it “ain’t gonna happen” I think it’s quite possible Disney extends park hours and does a small countdown / pyro show at 12 am.

Agree, good chance, can't announce it this early otherwise you would drive a big crowd. The fact that closing time is just shy of midnight...

GoofGoof

Premium Member

IMHO Disney can’t announce anything ahead of time because it would draw in more people looking for something to do at midnight. If Disney wanted to do something for resort guests they could have done a resort guest only event at one of the parks to avoid the locals crowd. I don’t think that will happen. As someone posted earlier in the thread, the resorts are extending pool hours past midnight so I suspect if there is any unannounced countdown it will happen at each resort instead of 1 central spot. I think that covers the demand from overnight guests.

LastoneOn

LOL

All those carbs from the holiday got to you.

legwand77

Its more like a week for people traveling out of state then coming home. If you visit WDW for example how many people are going to leave the resort to get a Covid test before coming home. Most will get the first test the day they come home then you have the 3 day wait and 2nd test on day 5 and assuming it comes back in 48 hours later it will be day 7 when you get The result. Still better than waiting 14 days but not only 3 days in most cases.
Rumor is the CDC is going to reduce overall quarantine recommendation time in half tomorrow, to only 7 days if exposed and a negative test. It will be 10 days without a test. That should help out travel a little bit.

Also it appears most of the Disney restaurants that opened for the holidays are now posting hours into January so they aren't temporary just for the holidays

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Rumor is the CDC is going to reduce overall quarantine recommendation time in half tomorrow, to only 7 days if exposed and a negative test. It will be 10 days without a test. That should help out travel a little bit.

Also it appears most of the Disney restaurants that opened for the holidays are now posting hours into January so they aren't temporary just for the holidays
I think a lot of states switched to the shorter quarantine time already, but it could help with employers who were still requiring the full 14 days. I personally think anyone who travels should get themselves tested upon returning anyway so shortening the quarantine time will only encourage that more.

With the distancing required in restaurants they need to open more restaurants or at least more space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom