Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

legwand77

I've been keeping my eye on the wait times throughout the weekend, and I think this was born out in the posted times at the Studios. While the other 3 parks did exhibit visible increases in wait times (although definitely not as dramatic as traditional holiday weekend... there was never a '160 minute' FoP time for instance), HS has been pretty consistent with what I've been seeing from every day operations since reopening. Nothing topped an hour there, aside from MMRR at the typical times.

My interpretation of this is that the Studio's has quite often been at or near its (very low) capacity since reopening. It probably wasn't much worse there today then it was on a random Wednesday a few weeks back.

Pretty graphs aside (next up mapping rainfall to judge crowd levels :), does your wait time analysis take in to effect the huge HS rainstorm in the afternoon). But honestly, you really believe that HS was no more crowded today/yesterday than a random Wed a few weeks back?

Disney themselves posted signage that the parks were at capacity this weekend

Last edited:

techgeek

Pretty graphs aside (next up mapping rainfall to judge crowd levels :)), you really believe that HS was no more crowded today/yesterday than a random Wed a few weeks back?

Yes, I do.

In addition to wait time data, I'm also looking at Twitter and Snap Map pics from the park over the weekend - and they are very consistent with my personal weekday experiences from last month. The only 'crowds' are in the context of lines. Pathways remain empty. From this tweet, looks like the parking lot is even emptier then usual, suggesting a greater mix of resort guests over drive-in AP traffic:

legwand77

Yes, I do.

In addition to wait time data, I'm also looking at Twitter and Snap Map pics from the park over the weekend - and they are very consistent with my personal weekday experiences from last month. The only 'crowds' are in the context of lines. Pathways remain empty. From this tweet, looks like the parking lot is even emptier then usual, suggesting a greater mix of resort guests over drive-in AP traffic:

If you are comparing it to a regular day pre covid sure, but to a random Wednesday a few weeks ago, as the post you shared the parks met capacity this weekend. That definitely has not happened on a random weekday yet.

ParentsOf4

There had also previously been an issue that APs booked a date and just didn’t come. It would seem they are actually coming this weekend...

All if the complaints I’m seeing on social media about the crowds are a bit silly though. What did people expect? It’s the first holiday weekend the parks have been open since Presidents Day.
Until this weekend, most reports have been of light crowds.

My son went to Epcot in mid-July and took this photo on an early Sunday evening, showing the United Kingdom Pavilion from the south:

Epcot Sunday night.jpg

This is an image someone posted yesterday (Sunday) of the UK Pavilion from the north:

World Showcase.jpg

Based on what has been reported at all Orlando theme parks this weekend, Govern Ron DeSantis is crazy to suggest increasing capacity.

TTA94

I could see a increase in attendance once the weather cools down. It will be much more pleasant wearing a mask than it is right now. Pre covid the winter months are usually slower, but that could be a different story this year/early 2021.

GimpYancIent

I could see a increase in attendance once the weather cools down. It will be much more pleasant wearing a mask than it is right now. Pre covid the winter months are usually slower, but that could be a different story this year/early 2021.
Size of crowds and attendance are not what they were pre-COVID and will not be for the foreseeable future. The issue does not seem to be size of crowd but density, the tendency of people to pack together to see an event rather than stay spread out, give each other some elbow room. With drones, pyrotechnic and laser shows being conducted out doors, with the mask rules adhered to and if people would just give each other the elbow room the guests can definitely be treated to the shows. As things stand right now the Disney properties are the safest, proactive, environments to be in for entertainment.

TTA94

I feel like even if things do continue to improve and evening hours and nighttime shows deemed safe by, let’s say January, Disney will still continue to keep entertainment/nighttime shows dark until Spring. I would love to be wrong.

WDWVolFan

because at a certain point they may risk a class action suit because the value that was inferred when the AP was originally purchased is no longer there and the original extensions were made prior to these reduction in hours.
It’s called a Force Majeure clause. All contracts have it and I am sure the contract between you and Disney for the AP also has one.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, I do.

Considering that tje #1 air travel destination was Orlando this holiday, not a surprise

DisneyDebRob

Hawg G

Yes, I do.

It seems they parked folks in the new spots, which are much further away from the entrance than a lot of the empty spots.

Hawg G

Until this weekend, most reports have been of light crowds.

Based on what has been reported at all Orlando theme parks this weekend, Govern Ron DeSantis is crazy to suggest increasing capacity.

Why is that? cases are dropping fast. A 50% increase in attendance, and some changes to ride capacities, could allow the parks to have more happy visitors. After all, many were sure that Orlando opening up would cause spikes across the country, which hasn't happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom