Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Ariel484

Okay, let's try this. Do you mean the area in the pink box (well, it's supposed to be a box, my MS Paint skills aren't all that great):

Untitled.png

Somehow I have never paid attention to this reunion area. So there's a big "W" sign somewhere??

And I totally was like "Why the 'W' one?" for a second there...DUH, WDWMagic. I really am useless this week. :oops:

Kristia

Yep that's it. Never thought of trying to find the map. Duh! They have letters on the tents so you can find your family after.

Texas84

4AM sounds workable. We're at a timeshare closer to Seaworld so we'll try to be out the door by 3AM.

Still early but one forecast has some warm temps for us. Sat 81/59 and Sun 82/53. Hopefully those 80's won't hit until later in the day. I'm a warm weather guy but that's a bit warm for running.

Mickey&Minnie

Still early but one forecast has some warm temps for us. Sat 81/59 and Sun 82/53. Hopefully those 80's won't hit until later in the day. I'm a warm weather guy but that's a bit warm for running.

Yeah I'm from Louisiana and like the warmer temps but 80 is a bit hot for running even for me. And the lows Saturday night don't look they are going to help much either. Guess I won't need my big throw away sweater I bought. I'll just start with a much thinner one.

lukacseven

It was 22 degrees this morning in the Northern Philly suburbs. Having run the Disney full in varying temperatures, I'll take it warmer (high 80's in '07) than colder (high 20's in '10) any day. Looks like we can pack light this year!

Ariel484

Yeah I'm from Louisiana and like the warmer temps but 80 is a bit hot for running even for me. And the lows Saturday night don't look they are going to help much either. Guess I won't need my big throw away sweater I bought. I'll just start with a much thinner one.
This is the one year I finally remembered to scrounge up some throwaway clothes...:rolleyes: On that note, make sure to drinks lots of water this week, friends!

GoofyRacer11

My dad has our bib #s somewhere so I'll post them this weekend. We're staying at Pop Century and will be leaving next Thursday around 4:50pm so we should get to our resort by 7:30pm-8pm. We'll probably wake up at 3am both days so that we can catch the bus no later than 3:30am. 4am should work, but that will depend on the crowds. I can't believe that the Marathon Weekend is already here! This year in particular flew by fast.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone participating in the half planning for 8:00/miles? Also, 3:45:00-3:50:00 finish time for the full?

Kristia

This is the one year I finally remembered to scrounge up some throwaway clothes...:rolleyes: On that note, make sure to drinks lots of water this week, friends!
I went to goodwill and bought some throwaway clothes. They are coming with me and not going home no matter how warm it is. I have too much junk as it is!

Kristia

My dad has our bib #s somewhere so I'll post them this weekend. We're staying at Pop Century and will be leaving next Thursday around 4:50pm so we should get to our resort by 7:30pm-8pm. We'll probably wake up at 3am both days so that we can catch the bus no later than 3:30am. 4am should work, but that will depend on the crowds. I can't believe that the Marathon Weekend is already here! This year in particular flew by fast.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone participating in the half planning for 8:00/miles? Also, 3:45:00-3:50:00 finish time for the full?
Too fast for me! I wish I could do an 8 min mile! If you don't make it by 4 am, we should be there for a bit. I don't think they start the walk over till almost 5 am.

LindsayLoves

I was aiming for a 4 hour full before my knee started bothering me. I think I am shooting for 4:30 now :( which is actually ok because that should let me be less stressed about time and really have fun/take pictures!

4 am sounds good to me. We are also going to try to get there on the early side so this shouldn't be a problem.

Ariel484

I went to goodwill and bought some throwaway clothes. They are coming with me and not going home no matter how warm it is. I have too much junk as it is!
I'm with you there. Throwaway clothes in the suitcase going there, souvenirs in the suitcase coming back. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Bib# 20327. Corral A once again. I'll be placing my toes on the line and watching the pyro.

If you see a short guy running to the corrals in full ultra distance gear in all black...you know who it is.

Kristia

Bib# 20327. Corral A once again. I'll be placing my toes on the line and watching the pyro.

If you see a short guy running to the corrals in full ultra distance gear in all black...you know who it is.
I don't know....at that hour in the dark, all in black stealth mode....I think you will be invisible! :D I will keep my eye out though!

Texas84

Still possible a last minute front could make it to Orlando. I got caught one year and still have the big AK sweat shirt I had to buy. :D

Sure. In my dreams. :) I was on a 5:30 pace last year until my calves blew up. I think after a year I could get close to 5:00 but this is cousin Brandi's first full. So we're probably looking at 6 hours.

Bring your autograph pen. I need you to sign my 2013 runDisney Marathon cap. Sharpies work well. :D

lukacseven

I'm hoping to run a 2:00 half and somewhere around 4:45 marathon. Will be wearing orange for "Orange Saturday" (second year in a row I'm missing a Broncos playoff game because of the race weekend). Not sure what I'm wearing Sunday, except for Newton Gravity (blue) and my lucky neon yellow Pearl Izumi visor.

Kristia

So ready for some Florida warmth! Came home from work yesterday and our furnace was down. Service came out and said it is done. Ugh! Living with just a fireplace and space heaters till we get back. Don't think there is enough time to get estimates and one put in before we leave. I am really going to owe my friend big time. She is staying to watch the critters till we get back.

Mr mom

So ready for some Florida warmth! Came home from work yesterday and our furnace was down. Service came out and said it is done. Ugh! Living with just a fireplace and space heaters till we get back. Don't think there is enough time to get estimates and one put in before we leave. I am really going to owe my friend big time. She is staying to watch the critters till we get back.

Oh, that so sucks, nothing like extra expenses after you have paid for a trip etc

Ariel484

Oh noooo. :( That stinks, sorry that happened!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom