Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Witchy Chick

So ready for some Florida warmth! Came home from work yesterday and our furnace was down. Service came out and said it is done. Ugh! Living with just a fireplace and space heaters till we get back. Don't think there is enough time to get estimates and one put in before we leave. I am really going to owe my friend big time. She is staying to watch the critters till we get back.

Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that!! :(

AUPr8Hd

Here is an updated list so everyone doesn't need to go back several pages to find it!

Ariel 484 - Shannon - #2886
Katherine - #9729
Witchy Chick - Tracey (I think o_O)- #7013
dreamfinder
Donald Duck and his wife - Nick and Alison

Half Marathon
none for just the half yet

Full Marathon
Fievel and wife - Brad and Becky - #10184 and #10289
Mad Stitch - Steve - #10810
Texas 84 and cousin -Mark - #13368 and Brandi - #11878
Mickey&Minnie -Ashley - #13109
LindsayLoves and brother - Lindsay #3558 and Michael #15019
Runnin' Gator - #4630
kmblack - Kirsten - #3421

Goofy Challenge
Kristia and husband - Kristy and Dan - #28224 and #28225
Ariel484 and brother - Shannon and Craig - #23846 and # 29233
Katherine - #22854
GoofyRacer11
dreamfinder
lukacseven - #23978
Donald Duck - Nick - #20327

Goofy bib #25318

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It was 22 degrees this morning in the Northern Philly suburbs. Having run the Disney full in varying temperatures, I'll take it warmer (high 80's in '07) than colder (high 20's in '10) any day. Looks like we can pack light this year!
LOL, we are so opposite. Im not saying I would enjoy sitting around waiting for an event to start in 22 degree weather, but if were planning on doing the Goofy, Id want cooler temps to help recovery and hydration.

Regardless, good luck to everyone traveling down and running. If yall are having a MnG, take some pictures. :)

Texas84

This is a WDW Magic Exclusive

Here is a sneak peak of the shirt I’ll be wearing during the marathon. If you see me, please pick me up off the ground and pull me forward.
RnC_zpsb37d36b9.jpg

Will the R&C beer stand be open that early? I should be passing by around 1130. :D

Kristia

Update:

Ariel 484 - Shannon - #2886
Katherine - #9729
Witchy Chick - Tracey (I think o_O)- #7013
dreamfinder
Donald Duck and his wife - Nick and Alison

Half Marathon
none for just the half yet

Full Marathon
Fievel and wife - Brad and Becky - #10184 and #10289
Mad Stitch - Steve - #10810
Texas 84 and cousin -Mark - #13368 and Brandi - #11878
Mickey&Minnie -Ashley - #13109
LindsayLoves and brother - Lindsay #3558 and Michael #15019
Runnin' Gator - #4630
kmblack - Kirsten - #3421

Goofy Challenge
Kristia and husband - Kristy and Dan - #28224 and #28225
Ariel484 and brother - Shannon and Craig - #23846 and # 29233
Katherine - #22854
GoofyRacer11 - #21045
dreamfinder
lukacseven - #23978
Donald Duck - Nick - #20327
AUPr8Hd - Brian - #25318

Mr mom

LOL, we are so opposite. Im not saying I would enjoy sitting around waiting for an event to start in 22 degree weather, but if were planning on doing the Goofy, Id want cooler temps to help recovery and hydration.

Regardless, good luck to everyone traveling down and running. If yall are having a MnG, take some pictures. :)

That is one of my worries, my climate is such that we rarely get really warm temps and have low humidity. I don't know how my body would do in the warmer climate for running. I would have to rethink my entire regime. That being said I don't think florida at this time of year is so warm that it would be a major problem but a summer race would be different.

Runnin'Gator

It was high 70s and muggy the other day. It's a crap shoot in Florida. It's going to be a lot warmer for the race than I had hoped. I was really looking forward to a low in the 40s... not gonna happen.

Ariel484

It was high 70s and muggy the other day. It's a crap shoot in Florida. It's going to be a lot warmer for the race than I had hoped. I was really looking forward to a low in the 40s... not gonna happen.
Yeah, I'm a little nervous. I've been doing some of my weekly runs on the treadmill (about 25% of my weekly mileage) and am actually considering going to the treadmill for my last long run - tomorrow's 8-miler. I HATE the treadmill but I think running in a warmer, more humid environment might help me since all of my long runs have been outdoors in 20-30 degree weather with wind and snow. o_O

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Is anyone having trouble with online checkin? We've been trying to check in for the last 4 or 5 days, and it's down every time.

Looking forward to some warmer temps as well. Race temps looks to be good...50's and 60's. It's been below zero with the wind chill the last few days, and we got 2 feet of snow a week before christmas, so I just want to go outside without a heavy jacket on for once.

LindsayLoves

Is anyone having trouble with online checkin? We've been trying to check in for the last 4 or 5 days, and it's down every time.

Looking forward to some warmer temps as well. Race temps looks to be good...50's and 60's. It's been below zero with the wind chill the last few days, and we got 2 feet of snow a week before christmas, so I just want to go outside without a heavy jacket on for once.

I did mine yesterday around 3pm after having no luck around 12-1.

Kristia

I was having trouble with the new site through Internet Explorer. I opened up the Disney site with Firefox and it was the older version of the website. I had no problem doing online check-in that way. I tried for days to do it on the new version! I hear they are having a lot of problems with it.

CFByrne

Consensus Disney Marathon Weather Forecast - Saturday 1/5 Update
8 Days to Go to Full Marathon

As we approach race day, these forecasts should converge and become more accurate. Until about 5 days out it is often a crapshoot, so don’t stress TOO much. Temps are shown as afternoon high/nighttime low. Nighttime low is usually a good indicator for 6AM-ish temps the FOLLOWING day. Unfortunately, right now we are shaping up to see very warm days. Especially folks from up north will want to start hydrating well in advance (days, not hours). But you also don't want to OVERhydrate during the run itself. Looking at these temps, I am guessing there will likely be lots of cautions/info on hydrating at the Expo etc.

Estimated Temps for Sat Half Marathon Based on Current Forecast (appx)
6AM: 60
10AM: 69
Noon: 80

Estimated Temps for Sun Full Marathon Based on Current Forecast (appx)
6AM: 61
10AM: 70
Noon: 79

Fri Jan 11
AccuWeather: Mixed clouds and sun 82 / 58
Weather Channel: Partly cloudy 82 / 61
National Weather Service: Partly Sunny, high around 81
Weather Underground: Partly cloudy 84 / 64

Sat Jan 12
AccuWeather: Mixed clouds and sun 77 / 57
Weather Channel: Partly cloudy 80/ 60
National Weather Service: Not Avail Yet
Weather Underground: Partly cloudy 84 / 64

Sun Jan 13
AccuWeather: Very warm and some sun 82 / 57
Weather Channel: Partly cloudy 79 / 59
Weather Underground: Partly cloudy 82 / 64

Mon Jan 14

AccuWeather: Sunny and very warm 83 / 59
Weather Channel: Partly cloudy 76 / 57
Weather Underground: Partly cloudy 81 / 61

Historical Averages for Kissimmee, FL for January 13
Average Low: 50
Average Mean: 61
Average High: 71

Charlie in Delray Beach, FL
Disney World Half 2001, Disney World Full 2002, 03, 04, 05, 09, 10

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That is one of my worries, my climate is such that we rarely get really warm temps and have low humidity. I don't know how my body would do in the warmer climate for running. I would have to rethink my entire regime. That being said I don't think florida at this time of year is so warm that it would be a major problem but a summer race would be different.
i train it it most months of the summer and regardless, anything above mid 60's, running as hard as I do, it's time to put your big boy pants on cause we are gonna fight hydration, cramping and muscle fatigue quicker. I just prefer 30's and 40's. ANYDAY.

Ariel484

I read on another board that Disney is having computer issues everywhere: online check-in, ADRs, even race waivers. So it's happening for everyone, if that's any consolation.

Mad Stitch

I was able to use online check-in ok just now, but now I’m trying to print off my waver and it says it can’t find me. The waver was there when the link was posted. Has anyone else been watching for the runner tracking link? I’d like to get that done before I leave but it’s not up yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom