Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

lukacseven

Yep, I'll be heading to MK for EMH on Sunday, for sure. That sounds like more fun to me than the DtD party, to be honest. :)

A park-related perk would be nice. Marathon Monday was a good idea, but I forget, did they do anything for AP holders? I know there was a lot of talk about that but I forget what the resolution was (if anything).

After they stopped charging admission to Pleasure Island, the post race party at DTD really wasn't much more than just a board with race results. At least they're offering some discounts, but it's not my idea of a party. Not sure what they ever did w/ the AP holders.

kmblack

Hey everyone - I just found this because I'm getting excited about my first full marathon. I followed Hal Higdon's program, but got sidelined after my 18-miler due to a groin pull around 16 miles three weeks ago. Doc cleared me to run, but I had to skip my 20 miler. I did 8 on Thursday and it felt great...ready for 12 tomorrow, then tapering down. I am doing a Galloway-esque (Trained at 4/1, but with groin pull, going to go 3/1) and am hoping to finish around 6:20. Looking forward to seeing some of you! I'll be dressed in a technical gear version of Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday (and running to celebrate my 40th birthday the day before the marathon).

Kirsten
Bib #3421 (I did the RW Challenge entry - don't be fooled by the corral and low number!)

Kristia

Hey everyone - I just found this because I'm getting excited about my first full marathon. I followed Hal Higdon's program, but got sidelined after my 18-miler due to a groin pull around 16 miles three weeks ago. Doc cleared me to run, but I had to skip my 20 miler. I did 8 on Thursday and it felt great...ready for 12 tomorrow, then tapering down. I am doing a Galloway-esque (Trained at 4/1, but with groin pull, going to go 3/1) and am hoping to finish around 6:20. Looking forward to seeing some of you! I'll be dressed in a technical gear version of Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday (and running to celebrate my 40th birthday the day before the marathon).

Kirsten
Bib #3421 (I did the RW Challenge entry - don't be fooled by the corral and low number!)
Hi Kirsten! Welcome to the group! My husband and I are also doing a Galloway-esque kind of plan. We trained to run a mile, walk a minute. So far, that has worked for us. No better way to celebrate your 40th than running a marathon! I turned 40 in March and am going Goofy for the first time! I will add you to our list!

Kristia

Here is an updated list so everyone doesn't need to go back several pages to find it!

Ariel 484 - Shannon - #2886
Katherine - #9729
Witchy Chick - Tracey (I think o_O)- #7013
dreamfinder
Donald Duck and his wife - Nick and Alison

Half Marathon
none for just the half yet

Full Marathon
Fievel and wife - Brad and Becky - #10184 and #10289
Mad Stitch - Steve - #10810
Texas 84 and cousin -Mark - #13368 and Brandi - #11878
Mickey&Minnie -Ashley - #13109
LindsayLoves and brother - Lindsay #3558 and Michael #15019
Runnin' Gator - #4630
kmblack - Kirsten - #3421

Goofy Challenge
Kristia and husband - Kristy and Dan - #28224 and #28225
Ariel484 and brother - Shannon and Craig - #23846 and # 29233
Katherine - #22854
GoofyRacer11
dreamfinder
lukacseven - #23978
Donald Duck - Nick - #20327

lukacseven

I believe my bib is 23978 for Goofy.

Does anyone remember them selling park tickets at the Expo? or can you typically purchase them at WWOS complex? I seem to remember seeing this in the past. We've always just bought park tickets at the resort desk upon arrival, but my sister got a good discount through work but they charge a fee to ship actual tickets. Or you can print the e-voucher and use it to purchase the tickets at one of the the park ticketing booths. Assuming we can do that at the Expo or maybe even at the resort?

Mad Stitch

I'm going to get my park tickets at the resort check-in. I called runDisney for a park ticket quote and it was more than the cost if you were to buy them at the park. It seems that booking anything through runDisney will cost you more.

So I have decided to bring my DL time with me and try to move up a corral. What qualifies as proof? Will that finisher's certificate work?

lukacseven

I'm going to get my park tickets at the resort check-in. I called runDisney for a park ticket quote and it was more than the cost if you were to buy them at the park. It seems that booking anything through runDisney will cost you more.

So I have decided to bring my DL time with me and try to move up a corral. What qualifies as proof? Will that finisher's certificate work?

I think a lot of people just bring the page from the *.txt document with their name and finish time. I think it needs to be from a 10K or further distance. They also have computers/printers available at the expo where you can search and print results. athlinks.com is a good site if you've never heard of it. You should be able to look up your results from any race.

Ariel484

I think a lot of people just bring the page from the *.txt document with their name and finish time. I think it needs to be from a 10K or further distance. They also have computers/printers available at the expo where you can search and print results. athlinks.com is a good site if you've never heard of it. You should be able to look up your results from any race.
Yeah, I just bring a printout from the results page of the race. You need something with your name, the race distance, your finish time, the name of the race and the date of the race. I think the finisher certificate should have all of those things, so it's probably fine.

JillC LI

Here is an updated list so everyone doesn't need to go back several pages to find it!

Katherine - #9729
dreamfinder

Half Marathon
none for just the half yet

Full Marathon
Fievel and wife - Brad and Becky - #10184 and #10289
Mad Stitch - Steve - #10810
Texas 84 and cousin -Mark - #13368 and Brandi - #11878
Mickey&Minnie -Ashley - #13109
LindsayLoves and brother - Lindsay #3558 and Michael #15019
Runnin' Gator - #4630
kmblack - Kirsten - #3421

Goofy Challenge
Kristia and husband - Kristy and Dan - #28224 and #28225
Ariel484 and brother - Shannon and Craig - #23846 and # 29233
Katherine - #22854
GoofyRacer11
dreamfinder
lukacseven - #23978

I haven't been following this thread closely because I'm not heading down for the race weekend, but it was nice to see a summary of who is. I guess Nick's not heading down for the Goofy this year?

Good luck everyone!

Kristia

I haven't been following this thread closely because I'm not heading down for the race weekend, but it was nice to see a summary of who is. I guess Nick's not heading down for the Goofy this year?

Good luck everyone!
I think he is supposed to but I am not sure if he is following the thread @Donald Duck?

Mad Stitch

Yup, I'll be there. I didn't get my bib # yet, but they informed me that I am in Elite / A corral again. I asked if I could get permission to run the Goofy twice: the half twice and the full twice. They said no. Also running the 5k with my wife.

What! As in you cross the finish line, go back to the start, and run it again? You are a running maniac. I always hate seeing people along the side of the course with their medal when I’m still 2 miles from the finish. Boy would I feel bad knowing you lapped me when I see you run by with your first medal already around your neck.

Texas84

Yup, I'll be there. I didn't get my bib # yet, but they informed me that I am in Elite / A corral again. I asked if I could get permission to run the Goofy twice: the half twice and the full twice. They said no.
I totally believe you did that. Seriously! :D

What! As in you cross the finish line, go back to the start, and run it again? You are a running maniac. I always hate seeing people along the side of the course with their medal when I’m still 2 miles from the finish. Boy would I feel bad knowing you lapped me when I see you run by with your first medal already around your neck.

A week after the 2011 WDW half I ran the half at Robins AFB here in Georgia. They also ran a full which consisted of running the half course twice. The two marathon leaders lapped me about 100 feet from the finish. They were in full sprint and I was about to keel over. :)

Witchy Chick

Katherine - #9729
dreamfinder

Yup -- that's me. :)

My DH finallllllly got around to printing his waiver. He's bib #2005 for the Full and is in Corral C if you guys even want to know. ;) I saw your post on the other thread about meeting up at the Full. I doubt that I will be with DH at the Marathon start. Wayyyyy too early for me. haha

I did tell him we might watch him in the MK, and he says "it's not even open then, how are you going to get in?" :rolleyes: So so woefully uninformed. haha I'm still not sure if we will watch him in the MK or right at Poly. MK sounds like much more fun, but Poly would be much more convenient.

Kristia

Yup, I'll be there. I didn't get my bib # yet, but they informed me that I am in Elite / A corral again. I asked if I could get permission to run the Goofy twice: the half twice and the full twice. They said no. Also running the 5k with my wife.
I put you guys on the list! :) And if you did the races twice you would definitely lap me! I would have to curse you and cheer for you at the same time. :p

Kristia

So what time are you guys thinking for a meet up before the marathon? I should be there pretty early. How about 4 am? Is that too early for most people? Is meeting by the "W" Reunion area good?

Kristia

4 sounds good to me! That should give me enough time to find the "W" reunion area.
It shouldn't be too hard. The last time I was there they had the reunion tents in the middle of the staging area. It wasn't too crowded by them in the morning as they were a little ways away from the dj and picture area. Can't wait!!

Ariel484

So what time are you guys thinking for a meet up before the marathon? I should be there pretty early. How about 4 am? Is that too early for most people? Is meeting by the "W" Reunion area good?
Is that by bag check? I am totally drawing a blank. 4 sounds good to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom