Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Mad Stitch

So today I ran a 10-mile race and got a new PR...and I have to admit that part of the motivation for wanting to PR (besides, you know, just wanting to know that I improved) was to get a better time to submit to Disney for the Dopey Challenge in 2015. :D

Just thought I'd share that with people that understand. It's a sickness, this runDisney addiction...

Hermes 10 miler I assume. Good race to go for a PR. Congrats.

Sumrdog

So today I ran a 10-mile race and got a new PR...and I have to admit that part of the motivation for wanting to PR (besides, you know, just wanting to know that I improved) was to get a better time to submit to Disney for the Dopey Challenge in 2015. :D

Just thought I'd share that with people that understand. It's a sickness, this runDisney addiction...

That is so exciting!

Texas84

Oops. Forgot about the new qualifier. I'l have to do the Robins AFB half in 2014.

Ariel484

Oops. Forgot about the new qualifier. I'l have to do the Robins AFB half in 2014.
This year it looks like they are taking times after January 1, 2012...so I am guessing for 2015 they will be ok with anything after January 1, 2013. So you have some time, I think. :)

Ariel484

Let's update this bad boy...

Today, 5/1/2013:

Half Marathon is 80% full --> definitely will be the next to sell out, maybe before the next price increase on 6/19?
Full Marathon is 57% full
Goofy Challenge is 62% full

Katherine

Let's update this bad boy...

Today, 5/1/2013:

Half Marathon is 80% full --> definitely will be the next to sell out, maybe before the next price increase on 6/19?

Should we start placing bets on when the next rates sells out? :D

dreamfinder

Should we start placing bets on when the next rates sells out? :D

I'll wager a Mickey bar that the half sells out by 6/19. No more specific than that.

The rates have been all over the place. I'd imagine that the price increase will be a motivator, but looking at the recent updates below, there has just been too much variation. And throwing the 10k/Dopey into the mix really tweaked this years numbers in relation to the past.

4/22/2013:

Half Marathon is 71% full
Full Marathon is 54% full
Goofy Challenge is 58% full

5/1/2013:

imagination30

now let the fb begging begin , and the trash talking run disney as well bc the half has sold out tonight.. -- I hate when disney says they are cutting down on spots to ruducerunners for a better race. then some Idoits .. ( pardon me ) , ask about opening up more spaces! . for races! -- geez!

Ariel484

now let the fb begging begin , and the trash talking run disney as well bc the half has sold out tonight.. -- I hate when disney says they are cutting down on spots to ruducerunners for a better race. then some Idoits .. ( pardon me ) , ask about opening up more spaces! . for races! -- geez!
Yeah, this is always annoying to me. I understand not everyone knows to follow the percentages on runDisney closely, but if they know enough to follow the runDisney Facebook page and want to do the race SO BADLY you'd think they would have done a bit more research...:rolleyes: I hope Disney will stick to their guns. Lowering the capacity for the half is a great move on their part.

Katherine

Bring on the Mickey Bar!!
Hahaha... come find me during Marathon weekend and I'm sure we can arrange that! :)

It's pretty crazy that more than half of the events are sold out more than 6 months out. Crazy...

So I'm getting a little off topic now but, if they were to go to a lottery system next year or any time in the future, do other races that use this give special priority to those that have run it every year? Disney seems to make a big deal about the "Perfectly Goofy" and "Perfect 21" runners and I feel like they would want to give them priority of some sort. Thoughts?

Texas84

So I'm getting a little off topic now but, if they were to go to a lottery system next year or any time in the future, do other races that use this give special priority to those that have run it every year? Disney seems to make a big deal about the "Perfectly Goofy" and "Perfect 21" runners and I feel like they would want to give them priority of some sort. Thoughts?
Add a point system for previous Disney runs? One point for each K. More points, higher priority. Newbies go lottery.

dreamfinder

Sometimes it's the opposite. NYC was setup so that if you didn't get in for like 4 years, you were guaranteed entry on the 5th. Although they don't do that any more. But I know that races around here that provide exemptions for record holders and past winners and the like have them contact the race admins to register. I bet they could do something similar since the numbers are swindling each year.

That sounds like a pretty good system. I wonder who has the max number of "Disney Miles" under their belt?

Galloway should be up there pretty far since he seems to run them all now. Even if he missed a few at the beginning, he would catch up pretty fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom