Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Kristia

Aw man, we are Corral G again. That is where we were for our first full in 2011. Hopefully we can see about changing it. At least we aren't in the last one.

Ariel484

Aw man, we are Corral G again. That is where we were for our first full in 2011. Hopefully we can see about changing it. At least we aren't in the last one.
You have a 1:03 10K right? I bet if you bring that with you it will move you up a corral or two.

ETA: Last year they put me in D with a 1:54 10-miler time...you just never know.

Phonedave

I have a 1:53 10 miler, a 1:03 10k and a 2:25 half. I am def bringing times with me!

In 2011 I was moved up to corral D at runner relations with a sub-1:00 10k time (just under 1 hour, like 58 minutes and change I think). I also gave them a 2:27 half marathon time as well.

-dave

Ariel484

Ugh. That moves us back to G. With a 2:35 Disneyland? Do I need to go to runner relations?
May as well go and see what they say. They are pretty quick...I think if ANYONE has any questions it can't hurt to stop by the booth and ask. Make sure to bring a printout.

AUPr8Hd

I have a 1:53 10 miler, a 1:03 10k and a 2:25 half. I am def bringing times with me!

Use the 10k time. The average pace is better. They use a chart that is supposed to correspond with anticipated finish for that time/distance.

For Disneyland, I was told a 10k time of 1:03 would've been Corral B. I had a 10k time of 1:07 that would've been C

Kristia

Use the 10k time. The average pace is better. They use a chart that is supposed to correspond with anticipated finish for that time/distance.

For Disneyland, I was told a 10k time of 1:03 would've been Corral B. I had a 10k time of 1:07 that would've been C
Thanks! I knew the 10k was a better pace but I didn't know if they would give more weight to the half marathon time. I would be happy just moving one corral up but more would be nice too, especially for the half. I know the marathon is going to take us a while!

Ariel484

So...are people on taper starting this coming week or next week?

I have a 10-miler today, then next week is a 40-mile week with a 10- and 20-miler planned back-to-back on Thursday/Friday (Goofy dress rehearsal...:eek:) so I can get it out of the way before heading to the in-laws' for Christmas...then TAPER!!! :D

Happy running, everyone!

Kristia

I have a 10-miler today, then next week is a 40-mile week with a 10- and 20-miler planned back-to-back on Thursday/Friday (Goofy dress rehearsal...:eek:) so I can get it out of the way before heading to the in-laws' for Christmas...then TAPER!!! :D

Happy running, everyone!
Dress rehearsal weekend for me! Just came back from 12 miles. Tomorrow hoping for 23 if the weather isn't too horrible!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
So I'm in corral F. I could probably use my Disneyland half 2:24 time to move up. I'm not sure if I care all that much.
That's where I'm at too. I have a 2:20 half that I did after I registered, which might move me up, but I'd fall back to start with my wife anyway, so no biggie. :)

Texas84

Happy running, everyone!
17-miler next weekend. That's as far as I go this year.

Katherine

Getting so excited! Thanks @Ariel484 for posting the corrals!

Goofy: 22854 (might drop back into corral C depending on how I feel on race day)
5k: 9729

If anyone is wondering, the 5k isn't timed and usually isn't officially corralled, it's an honor system thing. They might be corralling it this year but in the past race number did not determine when/where you started in the pack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom