Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

BwayBaby

I apparently don't have a waiver.
My mother said she signed three of us up.... and I'm the only one without a waiver. She said they charged her "$300-something"...which would be two people. There are no words for how not happy I am right now.

LindsayLoves

My mother said she signed three of us up.... and I'm the only one without a waiver. She said they charged her "$300-something"...which would be two people. There are no words for how not happy I am right now.

She should have received a confirmation email when she made the purchase. Have her double check for that email - she might have simply entered her data (eg birthdate) wrong when doing the signup.

Ariel484

Agree with @LindsayLoves - have your mom look for that email. I couldn't find my brother's waiver last year...turns out he added an extra "t" to his last name. Hopefully it's something like that. :)

lukacseven

Try reversing the month and day when you enter the birthdate. A friend's waiver also said "not found" but when you switch the day and month, it found her. Otherwise, like others have said, if you have the confirmation email from active.com, no worries.

lukacseven

I actually have a question regarding packet-pick...has anyone picked up bib/shirt for someone else in the past? I've never encountered this but I need to this year. According to RunDisney, I need the signed waiver,copy of ID (theirs and mine) and some sort of packet pickup authorization form. I can't find a link to this form on the website. Does anyone know where I might find it?

Ariel484

I actually have a question regarding packet-pick...has anyone picked up bib/shirt for someone else in the past? I've never encountered this but I need to this year. According to RunDisney, I need the signed waiver,copy of ID (theirs and mine) and some sort of packet pickup authorization form. I can't find a link to this form on the website. Does anyone know where I might find it?
I picked up my brother's stuff last year and will do it again this year. They just put up the authorization forms on the site - under the Runner Info tab in the Waivers section. I was looking for them last Friday as well and they are there now.

Like you said, you need the signed waiver (both of you), copy of the other person's ID, your ID, and their signed form that says you can pick up the stuff. Also bring their proof of time if you need to change their corral - you can do so at Runner Relations just like you'd change your own (I did this for my brother last year as well and will do it again this year...or I could be mean and leave him in H while I start in C :D). Then walk over the timing mat as normal to activate both b-tags. It really wasn't, the only pain was having to wait in 2 lines to get our bibs...and actually getting my brother to scan the stuff and email it to me. That was like pulling teeth. :p

dreamfinder

My Goofy number was 161 less than last years. Shows they are pretty consistent in the numbering, as am I in my predicted finish.

They will be posted at some point. Basically its a blank form where they put their name and signature. And then you turn that in, show a copy of their license to prove that you really know them, and then the volunteers will give you their bib. Then treat it just as it if it was yours, and proceed.

lukacseven

I picked up my brother's stuff last year and will do it again this year. They just put up the authorization forms on the site - under the Runner Info tab in the Waivers section. I was looking for them last Friday as well and they are there now.

Like you said, you need the signed waiver (both of you), copy of the other person's ID, your ID, and their signed form that says you can pick up the stuff. Also bring their proof of time if you need to change their corral - you can do so at Runner Relations just like you'd change your own (I did this for my brother last year as well and will do it again this year...or I could be mean and leave him in H while I start in C :D). Then walk over the timing mat as normal to activate both b-tags. It really wasn't, the only pain was having to wait in 2 lines to get our bibs...and actually getting my brother to scan the stuff and email it to me. That was like pulling teeth. :p

Got it...thanks.

BwayBaby

Alrighty. We found the source of my waiver problem. I'm registered with my mom's birth month and date listed, but with my birth year. That should be an easy fix...
We couldn't find the confirmation e-mail and I was panicking. I was so afraid I wasn't going to be able to run.

LindsayLoves

Alrighty. We found the source of my waiver problem. I'm registered with my mom's birth month and date listed, but with my birth year. That should be an easy fix...
We couldn't find the confirmation e-mail and I was panicking. I was so afraid I wasn't going to be able to run.

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out. That is literally my worst running nightmare - training for a race only to find out that I am not really registered!

lukacseven

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out. That is literally my worst running nightmare - training for a race only to find out that I am not really registered!

A few years ago at the Philly Distance Run (before Rock n Roll took over), they used D tags and I never checked at the expo, but there was no tag attached to by bib. Had a race number, but no timing. Partially my fault for not realizing until race morning when I went to peel the tag off. Better yet, according to my watch it was a P.R. that essentially didn't count.

Ariel484

Whew! :)
I know that weather forecasters can barely predict what is going to happen a week from now let alone 3 weeks from now but it is still fun (and something to keep me busy) until marathon weekend! So far Accuweather has 1/12 weather forecast posted. Let's hope that rain forecast goes away!
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/january-weather/328169?monyr=1/1/2013

I am getting so antsy to get down there and run this thing!
Yeah, I sure hope that's not right! :eek:

Speaking of weather...tomorrow is day 1 of my "Goofy dress rehearsal." Here's the forecast:

Thursday: rain/thunder/wind...low 32, high 48, 90% chance of rain (10 miles planned)
Friday: snow shower/wind...low 26, high 34, 80 chance of snow (20 miles planned)

Um...not ideal! :( But we're heading to my in-laws' place on Saturday so I need to get this done tomorrow/Friday, and I'm certainly not hoofing it out on the treadmill. I think if I get out early enough tomorrow I'll beat the rain (and thunder :eek:), but Friday I'm probably looking at a snowy run. I guess I'll just have to suck it up. Eek!

Kristia

Speaking of weather...tomorrow is day 1 of my "Goofy dress rehearsal." Here's the forecast:

Thursday: rain/thunder/wind...low 32, high 48, 90% chance of rain (10 miles planned)
Friday: snow shower/wind...low 26, high 34, 80 chance of snow (20 miles planned)

Um...not ideal! :( But we're heading to my in-laws' place on Saturday so I need to get this done tomorrow/Friday, and I'm certainly not hoofing it out on the treadmill. I think if I get out early enough tomorrow I'll beat the rain (and thunder :eek:), but Friday I'm probably looking at a snowy run. I guess I'll just have to suck it up. Eek!

Good luck! Sounds like the weather I had without the thunder! The 12 mile day was a good day, but the next day was horrible! I wish now that I had stuck with it, but I didn't want to get sick for the next couple weeks. I was so miserable on that 23 miler and called it at 19. I told Dan that maybe we should do a do-over this weekend and he looked like he was going to kill me, so we will just start our taper and hope for the best. :) Good luck!! :D

Ariel484

Good luck! Sounds like the weather I had without the thunder! The 12 mile day was a good day, but the next day was horrible! I wish now that I had stuck with it, but I didn't want to get sick for the next couple weeks. I was so miserable on that 23 miler and called it at 19. I told Dan that maybe we should do a do-over this weekend and he looked like he was going to kill me, so we will just start our taper and hope for the best. :) Good luck!! :D
Hey, a 12-miler followed by a 19-miler is nothing to sneeze at. I bet you guys are more than ready. :) Great job!!

And thanks for the good luck wishes...:eek:

LindsayLoves

I know that weather forecasters can barely predict what is going to happen a week from now let alone 3 weeks from now but it is still fun (and something to keep me busy) until marathon weekend! So far Accuweather has 1/12 weather forecast posted. Let's hope that rain forecast goes away!
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/january-weather/328169?monyr=1/1/2013

Hmm... hopefully it will be nice and cool for the race, I am currently used to the 30s and 40s for my running temps. Good thing we have a few days pre-race in Disney to get ready for the heat.

@Ariel484 - good luck with the Goofy dress rehearsal! Do you have your gear picked out for each day already? I am trying to figure out my gear for the marathon this week.

Mad Stitch

Ha, love the new avatar dreamfinder.

With this talk of weather, does anyone else who lives in the north also worry that a snowstorm will cancel their flight to Orlando?

LindsayLoves

Ha, love the new avatar dreamfinder.

With this talk of weather, does anyone else who lives in the north also worry that a snowstorm will cancel their flight to Orlando?

I used the accuweather month long forecast for NYC and on the day I leave for WDW the weather is listed as "brilliant sunshine" hi 31 lo 22. So that totally eased my mind even though I know they can not predict what will happen tomorrow let alone 3 weeks from now. We are also flying in more than a few days early to spend some time in the world so if we are pushed back a day or two it won't be the end of the world (aka missing the race).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom