Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Ariel484

I don't get it, why does everyone get excited for the waver? Unless they also post the coral placements there isn't anything really exciting about the waver.
I can't speak for everyone else, but for me...

1. Next week is my toughest week of training, so I like the little reminder that the race is almost here. I mean, obviously I KNOW it's almost here, but I like seeing it in print. It's just one more thing that gets me excited.
2. I like the "guess the corrals" game that inevitably comes with it...however they posted corrals for both the Tower of Terror 10-miler and the Wine & Dine half, so you never know, this just may be what they are doing going forward.
3. Not at all exciting - I know I will need to pick up my brother's stuff, so the sooner his waiver is posted the sooner I can start bugging him to sign his waiver/release form and email them to me (and I know getting him to do that will be like pulling teeth, so the more time I have to do that, the better :confused:)

And not to be a jerk or anything, but...
lol I noticed the addition only because I was looking for the same thing by editing these url's into what I thought may be the file names for the waivers and corrals. I didn't work though. :D
You figured out and posted the waiver link, so I think you must "get it" on some level. ;) :)

Kristia

I don't get it, why does everyone get excited for the waver? Unless they also post the coral placements there isn't anything really exciting about the waver.
I want to see the bib numbers and try to guess possible corral placement if they don't post it. Didn't they post the corrals for the Wine and Dine?

Ariel484

4 weeks from today we land in Orlando (Around this time too)!
Me too! Well, actually, I don't land until a little after 11 :( I booked my flight a few months ago and found out last week that they pushed it back an hour, which is annoying. I'm more irritated that they didn't email me to tell me though...I just happened to log in and see it. :mad: One extra hour isn't a huge deal but I was planning on just taking ME to my hotel and then hopping right on a bus to the expo, so I hope that the extra hour doesn't translate to a giant line at bib pick-up. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. :)

Kristia

Me too! Well, actually, I don't land until a little after 11 :( I booked my flight a few months ago and found out last week that they pushed it back an hour, which is annoying. I'm more irritated that they didn't email me to tell me though...I just happened to log in and see it. :mad: One extra hour isn't a huge deal but I was planning on just taking ME to my hotel and then hopping right on a bus to the expo, so I hope that the extra hour doesn't translate to a giant line at bib pick-up. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. :)
I hate when airlines do that! I think that happened to us with Spirit one time. They changed it didn't tell us and I noticed when I went to print boarding passes. We are supposed to land around 9:30. We may grab something to eat and then head to the expo. So exciting! Do you have a long run this weekend? We do our last one, and then taper! Yay! They are calling for rain on Sunday, so I am hoping we can get it in. I have to dig through my clothes and see if I can find something somewhat water repellent. Definitely wearing a hat this time. I think that is what did me in on my last run in the rain. Nothing worse than water running in your eyes the whole time you are running!

Ariel484

I hate when airlines do that! I think that happened to us with Spirit one time. They changed it didn't tell us and I noticed when I went to print boarding passes. We are supposed to land around 9:30. We may grab something to eat and then head to the expo. So exciting! Do you have a long run this weekend? We do our last one, and then taper! Yay! They are calling for rain on Sunday, so I am hoping we can get it in. I have to dig through my clothes and see if I can find something somewhat water repellent. Definitely wearing a hat this time. I think that is what did me in on my last run in the rain. Nothing worse than water running in your eyes the whole time you are running!
Yeah, I'm so annoyed! I don't know how it was when it happened to you, but with mine they definitely have my email address in their system - they emailed me the confirmation when I originally booked - so why not email me with the change? It also messed up my DME stuff because the flight number changed and DME didn't have the new one on file.

This week is a step-back week for me...I have a 10- and 14-miler scheduled. My last step-back week long run SUCKED so I hope this one is better. Next week I have back-to-back 10- and 20-milers planned, and then TAPER!

So exciting that you guys have your last long run this weekend...you're right, a hat is definitely key for running in the rain. I normally hate wearing hats when running, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck!!

Kristia

Yeah, I'm so annoyed! I don't know how it was when it happened to you, but with mine they definitely have my email address in their system - they emailed me the confirmation when I originally booked - so why not email me with the change? It also messed up my DME stuff because the flight number changed and DME didn't have the new one on file.

This week is a step-back week for me...I have a 10- and 14-miler scheduled. My last step-back week long run SUCKED so I hope this one is better. Next week I have back-to-back 10- and 20-milers planned, and then TAPER!

So exciting that you guys have your last long run this weekend...you're right, a hat is definitely key for running in the rain. I normally hate wearing hats when running, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck!!
Luckily our flight number wasn't changed so it didn't mess up DME. But they did have my email and had sent me other updates, but not the important one! Good luck to you on having a better step-week!

Ariel484

Luckily our flight number wasn't changed so it didn't mess up DME. But they did have my email and had sent me other updates, but not the important one! Good luck to you on having a better step-week!
...that is dumb. :confused: Seems like it could save them a lot of trouble to just send out emails.

Thanks for the luck!!!

GoofyRacer11

I'm down with planning a meetup sometime before one of the races as well! Unfortunately this year we won't be staying a week after the races like we did last year, which is a bummer. My spring semesters have always started the day after Martin Luther King Day, which this year is on the 20th, but CSU has decided we are starting on the 14th. This week I'm doing an 18 mile run and the following weekend I'm doing 20, which then brings me to my taper period.

Kristia

I'm down with planning a meetup sometime before one of the races as well! Unfortunately this year we won't be staying a week after the races like we did last year, which is a bummer. My spring semesters have always started the day after Martin Luther King Day, which this year is on the 20th, but CSU has decided we are starting on the 14th. This week I'm doing an 18 mile run and the following weekend I'm doing 20, which then brings me to my taper period.
We are just staying a couple days after the marathon. We leave on Tuesday. We have a trip planned in the summer with my sister, BIL and niece. Can't swing a whole week, money wise. Last time, we stayed the whole week after. Kind of stinks, but better than having to leave right after the race. I feel for ya!

LindsayLoves

...that is dumb. :confused: Seems like it could save them a lot of trouble to just send out emails.

Thanks for the luck!!!

They switched our return flight and I didn't get an email even though I booked the flights but my brother got an email. What is that?!?! I know he has gold status with the airline that I definitely do not but a little heads up would be great. They cancelled the flight we were returning on (low pax count I guess) and put everyone on a flight 4 hours earlier. Heck no! I want to spend as much time in Disney as I can. We ended up switching to a flight that is very close to our original flight time but lands at JFK and not LGA (which is a 10 minute cab ride from my house).

We will change our outbound DME stuff when we check in, no point in worrying over it now.

Ariel484

We are just staying a couple days after the marathon. We leave on Tuesday. We have a trip planned in the summer with my sister, BIL and niece. Can't swing a whole week, money wise. Last time, we stayed the whole week after. Kind of stinks, but better than having to leave right after the race. I feel for ya!
We're leaving the day after the marathon :( I would LOVE to be able to stay longer but with my husband's work schedule (he's a teacher) it's just not possible. We can pretty much only take longer trips over the summer or his winter break...i.e. when everyone else goes to Disney. :rolleyes:

@GoofyRacer11 I didn't know you were at CSU, how do you like it? My husband might be going there to get his master's. :)
They switched our return flight and I didn't get an email even though I booked the flights but my brother got an email. What is that?!?! I know he has gold status with the airline that I definitely do not but a little heads up would be great. They cancelled the flight we were returning on (low pax count I guess) and put everyone on a flight 4 hours earlier. Heck no! I want to spend as much time in Disney as I can. We ended up switching to a flight that is very close to our original flight time but lands at JFK and not LGA (which is a 10 minute cab ride from my house).

We will change our outbound DME stuff when we check in, no point in worrying over it now.
Seriously, how annoying! Both my return AND outgoing flight were changed, so that's why I had to fix my DME stuff. You bring up a good point though, I only focused on the outgoing flight, not the return one...I'll have to remember to have them change that. Glad you didn't end up losing 4 hours though!

GoofyRacer11

We're leaving the day after the marathon :( I would LOVE to be able to stay longer but with my husband's work schedule (he's a teacher) it's just not possible. We can pretty much only take longer trips over the summer or his winter break...i.e. when everyone else goes to Disney. :rolleyes:

@GoofyRacer11 I didn't know you were at CSU, how do you like it? My husband might be going there to get his master's. :)
I just wanted an extra few days down in Florida and away from the horrible winter I feel is coming our way! Lol.

Yea, I have been here going on 3 years after my spring semester. I don't live on up campus, I live in Brunswick, so I just commute every day I have class, which isn't bad since I only go Tuesdays/Thursdays. Overall I have had a good experience and have met some good friends through the university's club soccer team and most of my teachers. I have had some teachers that didn't do a good job teaching their class and one that was prejudice against asian students in his class, which in my eyes in unacceptable. However, I feel that you will have good and bad experiences at most colleges. I was also thinking about getting my MBA here because they have the only accelerated online and study abroad MBA programs in the country, but I decided that I want to attend a different college to achieve my MBA in order to get a new experience there. That's why I have chosen to go to Stanford and get my masters there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom