News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price increases October 2023

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
@monothingie to @Sirwalterraleigh

I'm hopeless though. Disney has me hook, line, and sinker.

titanic night GIF

celluloid

Everyone.

Get a Universal Annual Pass with the extra months. You will be locked into the renewal rate when it hits the year that will feature Epic Universe open for your first renewal period and the money saved from not getting this price increase of Disney's will allow you to tack on Epic Universe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everyone.

Get a Universal Annual Pass with the extra months. You will be locked into the renewal Rate when it hits the year that will feature Epic Universe open for your first renewal period and the money saved from not getting this price increase of Disney's will allow you to tack on Epic Universe.
Logically…that makes complete sense.

You outta be Locked Out of here! 😬

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you aren't a FL resident, you have one option available to you for an AP...the most expensive one.
Minor correction

You have two options if you own a dvc contract

The catch there is the two prime “travel windows” for the northeast/Canada/upper Midwest (lower Canada) is blacked out and you’re on square 1

Ayla

Interesting. My common experience is that there are two major types of AP holders. There are locals who visit multiple times in a 366-day period and then there are others who take 2 (or more) visits of 5 to 10 days within a 1-year period. A single visit of 10+ days doesn't happen often with domestic guests. We generally don't get that much vacation time or are limited in the number of consecutive days that we can take off.
I was the second type...until I finally wised up and refused to pay their ridiculous prices.

Tha Realest

Stop being so condescending and patronizing towards someone who has been on this beat longer than you. I know you have a schtick, but it is so frustrating to see so many people getting this so dang wrong. Especially based on a freak out by “haves” with social media platforms used to having anything they want when they want it, that so many pieces moving at once, they can’t handle the disruption. Growing pains are painful, and can feel like an injury. A lot will be changing to fix older mistakes (housing) while still not being recessionary… nor making everyone rich, please.

And yes, against a backdrop of opportunity, Disney losing clicks should absolutely be worrisome, because it indicates a problem with the product, that won’t be solved by pulling price levers.

Now to go back to my previous comment “protecting profit margins” was more about business expectations towards *their* expenses getting more out of control, than issues originating with their customers’ wallets like you ran with. Because not only is everything more expensive for everyone, for Disney, they have to address deficiencies in their product.
Im confused by the use of your “beat.” Are you a theme park journalist that’s been writing on these issues for some time? (A la a ”beat writer” that covers exclusively the local baseball team or crime reports). Genuinely curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom