News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price increases October 2023

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member

The article is only looking at the symptoms and not the disease. The people infesting their Burbank HQ are the problem. They're so caught up their echo chamber of egos, that they don't even realize that they are just pouring more gasoline on the dumpster fire that they started.

Let them fail. They don't understand or respect their customers or guests or even IP that they own or purchased.

hopemax

Im confused by the use of your “beat.” Are you a theme park journalist that’s been writing on these issues for some time? (A la a ”beat writer” that covers exclusively the local baseball team or crime reports). Genuinely curious.
No. Just a reference to general Disney internet fandom.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The article is only looking at the symptoms and not the disease. The people infesting their Burbank HQ are the problem. They're so caught up their echo chamber of egos, that they don't even realize that they are just pouring more gasoline on the dumpster fire that they started.

Let them fail. They don't understand or respect their customers or guests or even IP that they own or purchased.

Oh there's no doubt that the minions have disassociated themselves from reality into their own groupthink, what the company is missing is a leader, not just another caretaker. Someone to make those unpopular decisions and clean the house of those petty empire builders. They may have been separate entities with their own cultures, but in the long term they have to toe the company line.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is what, the 30th consecutive year of price hikes and "the sky is falling" doom and gloom predictions that Disney has finally, FINALLY, gone too far?
They ever lose attendance in a non-recession before?

The current management - who almost loathe the parks beyond the cash register - believe there are no price ceilings

There are ALWAYS price ceilings

Andrew25

Ticket price increases for non pass holders should be soon to follow
I think these “smaller” price changes are actually to avoid more significant price increases in day tickets as they’ve hit a major price ceiling. Stop making it difficult to get into the park, and then force them to buy higher priced items inside… the SeaWorld way!

Basil of Baker Street

Concerning WDW, it's classic "management from afar" and rarely works.

Flguykissimmee

We stopped renewing our APs when reservations were required. We now take a vacation every year instead and never looked back.
Our UAPs are much more affordable, and get renewal discounts. SeaWorld passes are also great.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bob: "We need more revenue, what can we do?"
Recent college graduate with a fresh MBA: "Raise prices on AP's. Our charts indicate that those chumps will always give us more of their money!"
Bob: "Yes! Why didn't I think of that? Those things are cheap compared with my super yacht, so it's not too expensive. And since it's passholders, we won't look like we're nickel-and-diming the regular rubes. By the way, did all the menus get updated with the food and bev price increases?"

wendysue

Well, we already had decided to not renew, but now I just canceled the trip scheduled for 10 days from now and the January trip as well. 1400+ 🤑is way too much to renew park tickets when they also charge to ride anything. We had thought we would try to get a couple trips in before expiration but may as well just be done with them now. We had some great times there, although it has been awhile since we felt it was worth it for AP's. I might still check in here now and then as I enjoy hearing everyones thoughts and it has been a fun site to be part of.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Bob: "We need more revenue, what can we do?"
Recent college graduate with a fresh MBA: "Raise prices on AP's. Our charts indicate that those chumps will always give us more of their money!"
Bob: "Yes! Why didn't I think of that? Those things are cheap compared with my super yacht, so it's not too expensive. And since it's passholders, we won't look like we're nickel-and-diming the regular rubes. By the way, did all the menus get updated with the food and bev price increases?"
The choice was:
A: Reverse course and implement a pricing structure that will attract a broader segment of guests which will lead to an increased number of guests visiting and a more positive view of the company. This likely will also in turn boost overall guest spending on property.

B: Double down on the maximizing of per guest revenue extraction strategy, even though this may exacerbate current sluggish attendance and further damage the company image in legacy media and on social media.

bmr1591

Well, we already had decided to not renew, but now I just canceled the trip scheduled for 10 days from now and the January trip as well. 1400+ 🤑is way too much to renew park tickets when they also charge to ride anything. We had thought we would try to get a couple trips in before expiration but may as well just be done with them now. We had some great times there, although it has been awhile since we felt it was worth it for AP's. I might still check in here now and then as I enjoy hearing everyones thoughts and it has been a fun site to be part of.

So because they're raising prices, you aren't going to partake in the pass you currently have (including two planned trips, one in ten days no less)? That makes no sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom