News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price increases October 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The choice was:
A: Reverse course and implement a pricing structure that will attract a broader segment of guests which will lead to an increased number of guests visiting and a more positive view of the company. This likely will also in turn boost overall guest spending on property.

B: Double down on the maximizing of per guest revenue extraction strategy, even though this may exacerbate current sluggish attendance and further damage the company image in legacy media and on social media.
All options are on the table

All options to save bob’s
@zz

I wish I was kidding. But I don’t think so.

If he needs to burn the bridge to parks…he’ll do it.
If he needs to sell off stuff firesale…he’ll do it.
If he takes a lesser deal to sell the WHOLE THING…he’ll do it.

He appointed his own puppet board. Good thing too. Cause the second share holder revolt - supposedly supported by a behemoth fund - is kicking his tires for the second time in 10 months.

And TWDC has NOTHING to offer right now with a “sure thing” upside. For the first time in decades…maybe ever?
No untapped potential.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Way to treat your loyal customers, Disney. 🤨
Ridiculous.

What's already happening is people are spending less and less money at the parks to try to compensate for the insane tickets/resorts prices. At least that's what we've been doing for the past few years.

We'll be even more selective with our choices/expenses while at WDW from now on, that's for sure.

MrPromey

That's a great point, and I think that's why it's (Pirate Pass) so much higher. People have no choice, with kids in school and such.

We had it (Pixie Dust) last year - hated it (going to be honest) - but we would just go after work for a few hours. We didn't feel as pressed to go on everything since we paid so much less. We still got to enjoy most seasonal offerings too, since those are night heavy. We filled in a few things with vacation days too though, otherwise, DAK would be next to impossible to visit. Saw the value, but when we get passes next, we're going to have weekend access.

Really though. What I'm getting at is this:
If you're willing to spend almost $400 more than the Pixie Dust pass, why not reach a little more and get the Sorcerer Pass that lifts most block out dates?

The price difference between those two passes is tiny compared to the Pixie Dust and Pirate Pass. It's almost like there should be another pass between them. Maybe bring back the theme park select pass or something, put it around $600.
It comes down to how much disposable income you've got and how many of these passes you need to buy.

A family of four or more is working way different math than a two income childless household both in terms of life expense and the cost of their Disney addiction.

As was also mentioned, Florida is a low income state, relative to much of the country, so even someone doing the same work you are in a similar household arrangement will likely have fewer financial options for this kind of thing if they're a Florida resident.

I think that's something a lot of out-of-state guests in these boards miss - Disney runs on a local economy but charges for an out-of-state one.

That's also why a lot of us have little sympathy for TDO when they're dealing with things like union negotiations we're well aware of how they enjoy that miss-match.

Last edited:

wendysue

So because they're raising prices, you aren't going to partake in the pass you currently have (including two planned trips, one in ten days no less)? That makes no sense.
Well it's something we have talked about for awhile. We have already taken a couple trips on the passes and the last one was just not that fun. Prices have risen on every single thing yet again. We won't use Genie or LL since I absolutely will not pay extra after paying thousands to just walk into the park. That's just us. Will pay off my car loan instead. We figured that if we have to talk ourselves INTO going it probably isn't worth it. Our airfare never expires with Southwest so we can still go anywhere else. With the room only we booked, we can cancel with no penalty within 5 days, so all good there. A family member and ten of his in-laws family had planned to go Christmas 2024, but are going elsewhere also. We just don't have an unlimited budget. All of you who will be going ...Have a wonderful time. 🙂

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
titanic night GIF
titanic.gif

Miss Bella

Again…just a hunch…this is the worst booking period they’ve had in 20 years

And they never have had it be this “soft” on advanced bookings in a non recession…

If not now…when?

The Simple answer is the stock/money problems and Iger trying not to be fired in disgrace.
They’re just gonna demand money and assume all of us will do it
The last year has felt worse than a recession. I can’t be the only one with decreasing disposable income due to inflation.
The money supply has been contracting at the fastest rate since the depression of course war will fix that, but then again war is inflationary. The debt sell has stabilized over the beating war drums.
Obviously with all the uncertainty, pending liquidity crisis and raising prices people are pulling back on discretionary spending.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The last year has felt worse than a recession. I can’t be the only one with decreasing disposable income due to inflation.
The money supply has been contracting at the fastest rate since the depression of course war will fix that, but then again war is inflationary. The debt sell has stabilized over the beating war drums.
Obviously with all the uncertainty, pending liquidity crisis and raising prices people are pulling back on discretionary spending.
This is blunt and awesome…

I feel all “tingly”

👍🏻👍🏻

Cmdr_Crimson

Whoo-wee..Gone are the days when we all dreamed about getting the old Disney Premier Passport when it was $1500 in 2018...Now with the Incredipass we're just paying for the 4 parks with the additional waterpark for $99 more to it...Now it just doesn't feel as exciting to get one. It's more like selling yourself away..
bobsburgers-louisebelcher.gif

Last edited:

Indy_UK

They’ll continue to keep pushing the AP prices in the hope that people bail and go with date based tickets instead.

The recent price hikes and benefit cuts to the Disneyland Paris AP meant that most UK guests don’t find it worthwhile anymore

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom