News Walt Disney World and other major Disney accounts stop posting on social media platform X

flynnibus

Premium Member
But Iger will take Chinese money (and edit his films for the Chinese censors). Playing nice with dictatorships is perfectly fine; no liability there.

Why is it such a big deal to have china censor the films for china? Now if you were censoring other place's viewing because of China.. ok... but why on earth would you expect a company to thumb their noses at the ppl who set the rules for operating there? You either play.. or you stay away.

In Quebec you have to make your stuff be French first... are we pointing fingers over bowing to that government too?

Tha Realest

Putting aside the content of Musk’s statements, he is also behaving incredibly erratically and in an often self-destructive manner. Given the high-profile fact of his complete control of Twitter, that’s more then enough reason for companies to not want to invest in it (or in any other company he controls).
Yeah, don’t invest in a Musk owned-company folks.

1701615398613.png

Casper Gutman

This should not be political or about point-scoring.

I criticised “It’s all about the Benjamins” too when it happened. Is that proof enough that I’m also entitled to criticise Musk?
The insidiousness of antisemitism is that it doesn’t know a “party” or a “side.” It’s emerged in many types of society in many disparate moments in history. It is the endpoint of a vast array of conspiracy theories, some appealing to one side, some to the other. It demands constant vigilance and relentless condemnation.

Brian

The measure of antisemitism is not whether you, personally, feel something is antisemitic. There has been MASSIVE amounts of research on the topic. Some things simply ARE antisemitic.
Antisemitism is in the eye of the beholder. There is no central authority (such as the Pope in Catholicism) in Judaism to make these pronouncements for us. We have to decide for ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

MerlinTheGoat

Disney has their own human rights violations to worry about, so it's of little consequence whether they stay on twitter or not. But I'm fine with any opportunity to say that Elon Musk and his fans/defenders are indeed vile disgusting people.

Thank heavens the mods seem to have finally woken up and have started cleaning this mess up. But I hope there's more than just a deletion of posts, some of the people 100% deserve a ban after the disgusting dehumanization that has been spewed here.

So I guess I won’t see a sponsorship of the Speedway by Tesla and Mission:Space by Space X…
Only if the cars fall apart a quarter way through the track and the centrifuge disconnects and explodes against a wall. Which to be fair, wouldn't really be shocking even under Disney's own management either, but Musk's involvement would increase the chances of that 100 fold.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Only if the cars fall apart a quarter way through the track and the centrifuge disconnects and explodes against a wall. Which to be fair, wouldn't really be shocking even under Disney's own management either, but Musk's involvement would increase the chances of that 100 fold.

Last night’s SNL’s Weekend Update nailed it when Michael Che said, “And I think Musk could destroy Hamas almost instantly by becoming their CEO.” 😂

hmm.. I think my 30k miles and zero breakdowns say differently.

Panel gaps issues yes, mechanical issues no.

It's easy to forget there are 10's of thousands of amazing people working at these companies. You'll never find me defending elon though.

EDIT: elaborating that I meant I’ll never defend some of the wild things Elon says

Last edited:

Brian

It's easy to forget there are 10's of thousands of amazing people working at these companies. You'll never find me defending elon though.
Tesla would be nothing without Musk as the creative visionary. His political/social views aside, the company would simply not be what it is today without him.

Last edited:

Lilofan

EDIT: elaborating that I meant I’ll never defend some of the wild things Elon says
I'd never buy an EV but when I pre selected the " mystery surprise " vehicle ( lowest rate of any vehicle at the time at MCO the Avis rep at the rental counter gave me an EV. Not impressed but the nice part in returning the car at MCO was I did not have to search for a gas station to fill up the tank prior.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I'd never buy an EV but when I pre selected the " mystery surprise " vehicle ( lowest rate of any vehicle at the time at MCO the Avis rep at the rental counter gave me an EV. Not impressed but the nice part in returning the car at MCO was I did not have to search for a gas station to fill up the tank prior.

Which car did you rent?

I digress a bit but I'll be completely honest anytime someone asks me about owning an EV. I've had mine for 2 1/2 years, and before my Model 3 I had a Camaro SS 1LE, Hyundai Veloster N, Trans Am WS6. I like fast, I like sporty, I like low to the ground.

I would NOT recommend buying an EV if you don't plan ahead, or have a place to charge at home. Renting one might be tough cause the infrastructure just isn't where it needs to be. You can use the Tesla app and plugshare app to find locations, but you'll find that not all 3rd party charging stations actually work as intended. I've never had a problem at a Tesla charger though.

I had a 14/50 outlet installed in my garage for a few hundred dollars so I could charge up 30+ miles per hour (not the fastest option available, but fastest for mobile charging). Now get this - during 6 months of the year, there's a 5 hour period per day where my electricity is .03 a kwh. my car has a 82kwh pack. Doing the math, 300 miles of driving could cost me only $2.46 of fuel. Crazy. standard off-peak is .10 cents, still massive savings compared to gasoline.

Never had range anxiety cause superchargers are everywhere. Even driving up to middle of flippin nowhere greer az for a wedding, I could still use a wall charger for a day or two to get enough energy to hit the charger at Payson again. Just had to call ahead and make sure they had exterior outlets.

No matter how people cut it, Tesla is horizons ahead of the EV competition. Great cars, super quick, unmatched charging network, incredibly user friendly and cuts a lot of combustion engine fat. Build quality needs a overhaul, but I don't miss my V8 car culture cause my 3 is from a different world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom