News Walt Disney World and other major Disney accounts stop posting on social media platform X

Stripes

Premium Member
If Twitter was so great for advertisers why did they have to discount their ads tremendously in order to attract buyers far in advance of the recent situation? Why did Twitter’s ad revenue collapse 50% even before the recent situation?

Elon is just making excuses to save face. In reality, the only way Disney would be harmed financially from this situation is if Elon bought the company.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Wonder if this will result in more lawsuits…

South Carolina announces state is divesting from Disney over Twitter spat​

Now Disneys feuding with 2 states they have resorts in, at least it’s just Hilton Head in SC.

Stripes

Premium Member
Wonder if this will result in more lawsuits…

South Carolina announces state is divesting from Disney over Twitter spat​

Now Disneys feuding with 2 states they have resorts in, at least it’s just Hilton Head in SC.
Really, really bizarre. If they divest in all of the companies that have decided to pull advertising from Twitter, what companies will be left to invest in?

DisneyCane

If Twitter was so great for advertisers why did they have to discount their ads tremendously in order to attract buyers far in advance of the recent situation? Why did Twitter’s ad revenue collapse 50% even before the recent situation?

Elon is just making excuses to save face. In reality, the only way Disney would be harmed financially from this situation is if Elon bought the company.
If Elon bought Disney I would bet that the parks would get some very awesome new attractions!

JoeCamel

Really, really bizarre. If they divest in all of the companies that have decided to pull advertising from Twitter, what companies will be left to invest in?
That's as crazy as Texas forbidding state agencies and non profits from doing business with companies that have DEI initiatives. Means the big banks can't buy their bonds or underwrite them. Will cost billions for the state. Posturing over providing has won out.

Cliff

1.) Elon Musk is "bad" and Disney should NOT be spending millions on his X Twitter platform.

2.) The Chinese Communist Party is "good" and it's perfectly FINE for Disney to spend BILLIONS on China.

Now,...I dunno but THAT seems like "selective outrage" and moral hypocrisy at it's best? How strange that Disney is able to look the other way on China's consistent, daily, horrifying human rights violations and then criticize free speech on Twitter and not want to be associated with that.

It's funny how money can shape your morality.

Casper Gutman

1.) Elon Musk is "bad" and Disney should NOT be spending millions on his X Twitter platform.

2.) The Chinese Communist Party is "good" and it's perfectly FINE for Disney to spend BILLIONS on China.

Now,...I dunno but THAT seems like "selective outrage" and moral hypocrisy at it's best? How strange that Disney is able to look the other way on China's consistent, daily, horrifying human rights violations and then criticize free speech on Twitter and not want to be associated with that.

If you’re not perfect, never bother doing anything right. It won’t matter.

“Criticizing free speech” is free speech. But for a very significant portion of the population that includes Musk, “free speech” means, “I can say whatever I want and you can’t criticize me or refuse to listen and also I can censor you.”

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Statistically speaking that’s nothing to brag about.

Most new cars are designed to go much further than that without issue.

Okay and? Plenty of model 3s out there with over 100k miles and no major issues. It’s been around since late 2017. I’m stating a fact, 2 1/2 years of ownership, 30k miles, no mechanical issues.

I know it’s the cool thing to hate on Tesla so you do you.

Lilofan

75% of our meds in the USA some that saved my family lives in the hospital come from there. This was also typed by a device made from there. I am not outraged on that. We are in bed with them - fact.

fgmnt

There must be some kind of childlike glee that comes with making the advertising moves of of a Fortune 100 media company so simple. To make it even simpler than coloring it ideologically, the company can just evaluate the cost of advertising on Twitter is not worth the value and the cost of advertising on TikTok is.

lazyboy97o

It’s funny how many people completely ignore Musk’s own deep ties to the CCP including a public pledge to support its values.

Prince-1

It’s funny how many people completely ignore Musk’s own deep ties to the CCP including a public pledge to support its values.

People pick and choose what they want to see but I do find it weird the love and admiration people show to Elon. It’s truly bizarre. I mean my wife has a Tesla and she likes her car but thinks the CEO is an antisemitic nut job.

AEfx

There must be some kind of childlike glee that comes with making the advertising moves of of a Fortune 100 media company so simple. To make it even simpler than coloring it ideologically, the company can just evaluate the cost of advertising on Twitter is not worth the value and the cost of advertising on TikTok is.

The thing is, it will be coming for Facebook next, and they eventually on to TikTok. This really has little to nothing to do with Musk, but it's being used as a convenient excuse to start pulling back from advertising on social media, period. They spend massive amounts of money doing it, for not a lot of tangible benefit.

By design, the social media algorithms are really "advertising" in and of them selves. If you are remotely interested in a Disney trip, for instance, it's going to recommend Disney content for you to read/subscribe to, so why spend millions of dollars on the ads that people just scroll past. The whole point is to get Disney (or whatever company) in their faces, and they just don't need to pay for it.

I'm also not surprised Twitter is where they are starting, given how Twitter doesn't do a great job at tricking people into reading ads by presenting them as content like other social media outlets. While all social media has to label ads, Facebook, for example, makes them look like actual posts as you scroll by, which slows people down, whereas Twitter usually presents them as clearly differentiated. I'm not surprised that they don't get a lot of engagement from them, which is why they were willing to so quickly pull back from it.

lazyboy97o

I'm also not surprised Twitter is where they are starting, given how Twitter doesn't do a great job at tricking people into reading ads by presenting them as content like other social media outlets. While all social media has to label ads, Facebook, for example, makes them look like actual posts as you scroll by, which slows people down, whereas Twitter usually presents them as clearly differentiated. I'm not surprised that they don't get a lot of engagement from them, which is why they were willing to so quickly pull back from it.
X makes their ads look like posts (it’s how certain videos get so many “views”) and has even been removing the Ad label from some.

AEfx

People pick and choose what they want to see but I do find it weird the love and admiration people show to Elon. It’s truly bizarre. I mean my wife has a Tesla and she likes her car but thinks the CEO is an antisemitic nut job.

I don't see many voices out there saying they "love" Musk, what I see is people constantly complaining like he is the worst person on the planet (as you said here, "antisemitic nut job") and others who take a more nuanced approach to him, and anyone not on the "he's a literal nazi!" train gets labeled as a "crackpot Musk fanboy" or what have you.

What is weird is how hyper-focused his detractors are on his every breath. He makes a one-sentence tweet and it's the top of the news cycle for a week, rinse, repeat. With everything going on in the world, this obsession with him is downright bizarre. As the kids like to say, he "lives rent free" in so many people's heads, and so often the arguments about him are so counter-intuitive. They constantly attack his relevance yet insist on elevating him into some super-villain, constantly elevating his importance to the general online discourse just so they can then more forcefully complain about him.

It's a fascinating cycle to watch - though ultimately sad because, as usual, pitting him as some demon in the culture wars just detracts and distracts people from the actual bad actors in the world that do have an effect on our daily lives.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Okay and? Plenty of model 3s out there with over 100k miles and no major issues. It’s been around since late 2017. I’m stating a fact, 2 1/2 years of ownership, 30k miles, no mechanical issues.

I know it’s the cool thing to hate on Tesla so you do you.

I'm an EV owner (on my 4th EV), have driven literally every tesla model other than the Cybertruck, and have no real issue with Tesla (plenty with Elon). Hell, during thanksgiving, I took my brother-in-law's Model S Plaid on some curvy mountain roads.

I'm just being honest: 30k miles without issues isn't anything to brag about. Even the most unreliable cars should make that without issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom