News Walt Disney World and other major Disney accounts stop posting on social media platform X

Stripes

Premium Member
Now,...I dunno but THAT seems like "selective outrage" and moral hypocrisy at it's best? How strange that Disney is able to look the other way on China's consistent, daily, horrifying human rights violations and then criticize free speech on Twitter and not want to be associated with that.

It's funny how money can shape your morality.
For being a self-proclaimed “free speech absolutist” Musk went straight to banning words and phrases like “decolonization“ and “from the river to the sea” after advertisers left in droves in order to appeal to the ADL, the exact organization he was criticizing.

The hypocrisy is stunning. And then Elon has the nerve to get on his high horse and act like he’s the great defender of free speech. Give me a break.

Funny how money can shape Elon’s morality. Can you find one critical word from Elon’s mouth about China? Just one.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I'm an EV owner (on my 4th EV), have driven literally every tesla model other than the Cybertruck, and have no real issue with Tesla (plenty with Elon). Hell, during thanksgiving, I took my brother-in-law's Model S Plaid on some curvy mountain roads.

I'm just being honest: 30k miles without issues isn't anything to brag about. Even the most unreliable cars should make that without issue.

I’m not bragging, Tesla has plenty of issues, I’m using my personal experience to debunk the myth that Tesla is a joke. Model Y wouldn’t be the best selling car ever if that were the case.

PS plenty of cars have serious issues under 30k idk why this a focal point.

What does brother in law think of his plaid? My dad is looking into getting one.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
PS plenty of cars have serious issues under 30k idk why this a focal point.

That was the industry I worked in until recently (automaker in the EV and ICE spaces). Cars sold in the US for the most part are designed to be problem free until about 75k miles when the first big maintenance items begin to appear. Issues at 30k are uncommon (but not non-existent), and the 75k+ issues tend to appear when people ignore larger maintenance items.

What does brother in law think of his plaid? My dad is looking into getting one.

Loves it, but hates the Yoke. It's fun when driving fast on the highway, but annoying in city driving. He's considering replacing it with a regular steering.

Lilofan

That was the industry I worked in until recently (automaker in the EV and ICE spaces). Cars sold in the US for the most part are designed to be problem free until about 75k miles when the first big maintenance items begin to appear. Issues at 30k are uncommon (but not non-existent), and the 75k+ issues tend to appear when people ignore larger maintenance items.

Loves it, but hates the Yoke. It's fun when driving fast on the highway, but annoying in city driving. He's considering replacing it with a regular steering.
I love my port injection V6 engine. Now most if not all non EV cars are direct injection. Service centers make money when the intake manifold has to be removed to clean the caked black filled valves. It is not if but when you need this expensive service. Not so in my rides.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

Thank you for the information, I didn’t know that was the benchmark.

They started selling round steering wheels again from the factory I think earlier this year. Hope he can find a good wheel replacement.

Ayla

The thing is, it will be coming for Facebook next, and they eventually on to TikTok. This really has little to nothing to do with Musk, but it's being used as a convenient excuse to start pulling back from advertising on social media, period. They spend massive amounts of money doing it, for not a lot of tangible benefit.

By design, the social media algorithms are really "advertising" in and of them selves. If you are remotely interested in a Disney trip, for instance, it's going to recommend Disney content for you to read/subscribe to, so why spend millions of dollars on the ads that people just scroll past. The whole point is to get Disney (or whatever company) in their faces, and they just don't need to pay for it.

I'm also not surprised Twitter is where they are starting, given how Twitter doesn't do a great job at tricking people into reading ads by presenting them as content like other social media outlets. While all social media has to label ads, Facebook, for example, makes them look like actual posts as you scroll by, which slows people down, whereas Twitter usually presents them as clearly differentiated. I'm not surprised that they don't get a lot of engagement from them, which is why they were willing to so quickly pull back from it.
One of my gripes about twitter was how their ads were incorporated into the newsfeed to look like posts.

mkt

Premium Member
I love my port injection V6 engine. Now most if not all non EV cars are direct injection. Service centers make money when the intake manifold has to be removed to clean the caked black filled valves. It is not if but when you need this expensive service. Not so in my rides.

EV have no injection, because they do not use any gasoline.

You’re talking about direct injection gasoline agents, yes, they are prone to carbon buildup. This isn’t however to increase dealership service visits, it’s because increasing emissions and fuel standards require greater precision with how much fuel enters the engine, and this is how you achieve that.

Cliff

For being a self-proclaimed “free speech absolutist” Musk went straight to banning words and phrases like “decolonization“ and “from the river to the sea” after advertisers left in droves in order to appeal to the ADL, the exact organization he was criticizing.

The hypocrisy is stunning. And then Elon has the nerve to get on his high horse and act like he’s the great defender of free speech. Give me a break.

Funny how money can shape Elon’s morality. Can you find one critical word from Elon’s mouth about China? Just one.

All good points about Elon. (I'm not defending him at all) You nailed him.

And your thought's about Disney setting aside all of it's morality to get in bed with Chinese Communist Party with all of it's very well known human rights abuses? China banning free speech is probably it's mildist problem.

Or maybe it's fine for Disney to ignore that elephant in the room? China makes Elon Musk look like a saint. To the best of my knowledge, Musk has never killed anybody.

Your thoughts?

mkt

Premium Member
And your thought's about Disney setting aside all of it's morality to get in bed with Chinese Communist Party with all of it's very well known human rights abuses? China banning free speech is probably it's mildist problem.

That’s some interesting whataboutism, and I can argue from a historical perspective, that ignoring inconvenient governments goes back to neoliberalism under Reagan, when people stopped being considered citizens, and began being considered mainly as consumers.

mkt

Premium Member
Kia Forte....should of got a Toyota or Honda.

They been developing some serious issues over the past few years for sure, but I’m in shock that it didn’t last that long.

I’d even skip Honda, because some of their new transmissions can be problematic and just focus on Toyota or even used Lexus. Also, check out Mazda.

Lilofan

EV have no injection, because they do not use any gasoline.

You’re talking about direct injection gasoline agents, yes, they are prone to carbon buildup. This isn’t however to increase dealership service visits, it’s because increasing emissions and fuel standards require greater precision with how much fuel enters the engine, and this is how you achieve that.
Car makes are no fools when it comes to making money on the service end. Pros and cons of DI engines, cons to the consumer is the service to clean the valve of the intake manifold of all the crud . Audi A4 2017 at 80K miles had one done at the Melbourne dealer at the tune of $3.5K due to check engine light, sluggish acceleration and rough idle.

J4546

Car makes are no fools when it comes to making money on the service end. Pros and cons of DI engines, cons to the consumer is the service to clean the valve of the intake manifold of all the crud . Audi A4 2017 at 80K miles had one done at the Melbourne dealer at the tune of $3.5K due to check engine light, sluggish acceleration and rough idle.
Audi.....theres why. Audi is notorious for lots of things including gunked up intake manifolds. Also the price to replace/repair audi is a lot more expensive than most other brands.
and as was stated, dealerships make money on servicing, not makers.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
My car is on it's third transmission within (33K when the last one happened) 40K miles and disapproves of that statement.

Liked your comment because your point strengthens mine, but i'm sorry you are dealing with these issues. Have you looked into local lemon laws?

FutureCEO

Liked your comment because your point strengthens mine, but i'm sorry you are dealing with these issues. Have you looked into local lemon laws?
Yes but it didn't really help.

Your vehicle may qualify if the same defect can’t be fixed after four repair attempts within either:

• 1 year after your purchase
  • 15,000 miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom