News Walt Disney World and other major Disney accounts stop posting on social media platform X

Fido Chuckwagon

The replies are wild. All blue checks. All things like “in Elon we trust”.

What’s in the water?
Since blue checks are now paid, they're generally a sign of an account that you should ignore, as they represent only the most extreme musk fanboys. I believe there are add-ons out there that you can download that will autoblock blue checkmarks from your feed. If you must reed twitter, it makes it a much better experience.

eliza61nyc

And for anyone not following along, "stuff" here casts a very wide net.
Some times, some times not so much. Lol Elon just told advertiser's to go "F" themselves. That's not a "wide" net at all

Now there's a theory gathering steam that Musk is internationally trying to sink "X" to get out of millions of dollars in interest on the loans he acquired to buy the thing

Last edited:

Squishy

Cancel Disney just started trending too
1701366715081.png

hopemax

The Venn diagram between “people who like Elon” and “people who are attracted to new tech like streaming / social media and have the income to subscribe to it” is likely adequate enough to get a topic trending. One thing I’ve learned over the last decade or so is how few people it actually takes to get the ball rolling on nonsense. Then it gets picked up for views and normalized by those who equate clicks and chatter with accuracy.

Drdcm

Elon has autism. He’s basically always going to say completely inappropriate things and have no understanding of why people react poorly. He’s pretty much incapable of understanding social dynamics and his massive wealth gives him poor insight, which is why I find it entertaining when he gives social commentary.

Realistically, Elon never would have risen in the ranks if he didn’t come from immense wealth. He lacks the social skills to be able to effectively do so.

He should not be a figurehead for any of his companies, he should hire other people to do so because of this issue.

For the record… people that do despicable things, deserve to get called out whether or not it is within their realm of understanding. Otherwise their behavior can’t be changed or influenced to be more productive.

Ayla

Since blue checks are now paid, they're generally a sign of an account that you should ignore, as they represent only the most extreme musk fanboys. I believe there are add-ons out there that you can download that will autoblock blue checkmarks from your feed. If you must reed twitter, it makes it a much better experience.
Damn, I wish I would have known that when I still had a twitter account.

asianway

Elon has autism. He’s basically always going to say completely inappropriate things and have no understanding of why people react poorly. He’s pretty much incapable of understanding social dynamics and his massive wealth gives him poor insight, which is why I find it entertaining when he gives social commentary.

Realistically, Elon never would have risen in the ranks if he didn’t come from immense wealth. He lacks the social skills to be able to effectively do so.

He should not be a figurehead for any of his companies, he should hire other people to do so because of this issue.

For the record… people that do despicable things, deserve to get called out whether or not it is within their realm of understanding. Otherwise their behavior can’t be changed or influenced to be more productive.
Cool story bro

He knows exactly what he’s doing

denyuntilcaught

Your political bias is showing.
Sorry, but there's truth to it. TikTok is where the brands are really focusing their energy. X is indeed viewed as a "Wild West" with high risk to brands in exchange for little reward. I work for a large streamer and this exact conversation has been taking place here as well.

Truth is, ad spend on X never really yielded a material return, at least not for us. It was a rather ineffective platform to spend on when it was Twitter. Now, with the risks to brands at an all-time high on X, the ROI isn't there. Disney may be posting organically, but again I'm curious to see if they actually end up spending again on the platform. That's the ultimate factor at play here, not political bias.

denyuntilcaught

This definitely does not help Disney+'s case

I'd honestly be surprised if anyone who is contributing to the trend was actually a subscriber in the first place, and if there's any material impact to attrition metrics at Disney+, outside of the standard monthly/quarterly churn.

CaptainAmerica

As someone who would very much like for the roles to be swapped (X on the rise, TikTok fledgling), it's simply not the case. I view TikTok as a cesspool of some of the most dangerous and harmful "trends" on the internet, and that's not even taking into account its links to the CCP. Unfortunately, their algorithm is top notch and keeps people scrolling, so that's where the ad money will go.
TikTok will be shut down in the United States within 5 years. It's a bona fide national security threat.

asianway

As someone who would very much like for the roles to be swapped (X on the rise, TikTok fledgling), it's simply not the case. I view TikTok as a cesspool of some of the most dangerous and harmful "trends" on the internet, and that's not even taking into account its links to the CCP. Unfortunately, their algorithm is top notch and keeps people scrolling, so that's where the ad money will go.
Horrors what trends?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom