News Walt Disney World and other major Disney accounts stop posting on social media platform X

lazyboy97o

How long was the NY Post Twitter limited or suspended?

16 Days for "Violating" TOS.

If you want to deal with Twitter and their abhorrent moderation policies. It is extensively documented by Independent Journalists via the Twitter Files. I encourage you to check that out, it likely will change your perspective on the level of interference implemented on the platform.
I’ve read the Twitter files. The documents generally contradict the claims of the reporters.

I’m sorry there have been obstacles to you looking at Hunter Biden’s junk.

Brian

How long was the NY Post Twitter limited or suspended?

16 Days for "Violating" TOS.

If you want to deal with Twitter and their abhorrent moderation policies. It is extensively documented by Independent Journalists via the Twitter Files. I encourage you to check that out, it likely will change your perspective on the level of interference implemented on the platform.
How long was The Babylon Bee suspended for posting a literal joke?

The answer: Over eight months, and it wasn't unsuspended until Musk took over.

LittleBuford

I'm pretty sure know that's a discussion we can't have here.
You're the one who raised the point. The answer doesn't require a discussion anyway; it's either yes or no.

Any owner who endorsed as "the actual truth" a tweet claiming that Jewish communities pushed "dialectical hatred against whites" would deserve opprobrium. This shouldn't be political, and I'm amazed that some of you are making it so.

drizgirl

You're the one who raised the point. The answer doesn't require a discussion anyway; it's either yes or no.

Any owner who endorsed as "the actual truth" a tweet claiming that Jewish communities pushed "dialectical hatred against whites" would deserve opprobrium. This shouldn't be political, and I'm amazed that some of you are making it so.
It absolutely requires discussion.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Don't waste your time arguing with them. I had to hit view ignored comments to see who you were arguing with. Some people are worth hitting ignore. They're not serious, intellectual people...I mean look who they're supporting. Just saying. Save yourself the headache and angst.

LittleBuford

Don't waste your time arguing with them. I had to hit view ignored comments to see who you were arguing with. Some people are worth hitting ignore. They're not serious, intellectual people...I mean look who they're supporting. Just saying. Save yourself the headache and angst.
I'm too nosy to ever use the ignore function, and she and I have had reasonable conversations in the past. I will, however, drop this particular exchange since it's clearly not leading anyway.

eliza61nyc

You're certainly welcome to your opinion, but I think there's a difference between where you spend your personal time and energy and where you direct your business' money, both for paid advertising and content engagement. It's strictly a business decision where you spend your business' money.

The decision as to where you spend your personal time would be far more understandable to base on the thoughts of the company's owner/executives than the latter.
Not that simple, we had a successful small business and you better believe we were sensitive to what we said and wrote on social media.
Now we live in the progressive north east, I would have smothered my husband in his sleep if he had made a jack rabbit (not the word I would have used 😁) statement like that. I don't care if he made it on his "personal " social media account or not.
No unfortunately in this day of everything is "public" there is very little separation.
IBM, Apple are major companies they are not about to let their "brand" be connected with a moron spouting stuff

eliza61nyc

The only headlines that are coming out about it are that Elon Musk told Bob Iger to F off. Iger is smart enough to not engage Musk and do whatever he wants quietly... like moving off of X.
And we have the Elon Apology tour and their CEO Linda Yaccario (I think that's her last name) is running around on news outlets trying to "explain ". What Elon really meant😄😁
Although his latest blast was pretty easy to understand 😉

mf1972

late to the party, but given what musk said to companies pulling ads from X, i wonder if that’ll deter other companies from advertising there as well. as for me, i have no use for it. like FB, i always found it to be toxic. this is pretty much the only social media i use. i don’t need FB or X to let people know how i’m doing 24/7

Brian

This definitely does not help Disney+'s case

This is such bloviating garbage 'journalism.' While I have no doubt that Musk's comments drew increased attention to Disney's aggressive stance in the 'culture war,' the article they cite in the post references the tweet as their source, as well as the word 'canceled' trending on X last night.

The best you can say is that a bunch of people said they are canceling their subscription, but there's no way to tell (at this time, at least) if they actually followed through, or if they were just 'blowing smoke.' After all, try explaining to your six year old that you canceled their Disney+ subscription because Elon told you to.

adam.adbe

This is such bloviating garbage 'journalism.' While I have no doubt that Musk's comments drew increased attention to Disney's aggressive stance in the 'culture war,' the article they cite in the post references the tweet as their source, as well as the word 'canceled' trending on X last night.

The best you can say is that a bunch of people said they are canceling their subscription, but there's no way to tell (at this time, at least) if they actually followed through, or if they were just 'blowing smoke.' After all, try explaining to your six year old that you canceled their Disney+ subscription because Elon told you to.
Or to frame it from the other angle, they won't be back next week; "Oh, Hi Bob!".

(And if even half the liberals who claimed they were cancelling their accounts after any of the last 15 times Elon said/did something stupid/offensive/Elon, had actually cancelled, X's numbers would be *way* lower than they are. Internet warriors are ten a penny.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom