Walls in HM Queue

ttalovebug

I suppose I should give more credit to this new enhancement then I am but I still can't stop thinking in the back of my mind, why are they doing this? As far as I know, nothing like this is being done in Disneyland only here at WDW. Now some attractions I can see needing something the keep the smaller kids entertained, especially in long lines like Pooh or Peter Pan, but HM? I think the last time I've seen a line there was re-opening day a few years ago. If they wanted to enhance something, they should widen that tight squeeze in the loading area (or even better bring over HMH;)). I guess what's really bothering me about this is it's going to become another Space Mountain, where they need to post two wait times one of the actual wait and the other being how long it takes to push your way through all the people glued to the shiny new screens. But I guess it's good to have low expectation nowadays with TDO, that means when they do a good job they'll actually impress me.

So you can understand my skepticism. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to doubt or bash our sources, or WDI, or anything, but you have to admit, it's hard to be just plain optimistic without a little fear when we're talking about WDW. I guess preparing myself for disappointment saves time. But if it's actually a good job, then that'll be great! But, I'm a skeptic until further notice, especially when the removal of classic elements are involved. :shrug:

enoe01

Hey Raven, when do you think they will be finished with the upgrade, we will be in WDW Oct 29 - Nov 2. I will then be nack Nov 12-14. Is there a possibility that it will be done by then.

Thanks
Erik

DisneyGator

Honestly, I am excited for the change! Although I LOVE HM as it currently is, and do not want to see the tributes to the Imagineers removed, I really don't think that is going to be part of the plan (but I don't actually KNOW anything, I just hope that WDI is smarter than that, and I think they are). As Raven said earlier in the thread, Disney purists know that the parks will always be changing, which was what Walt wanted. I looked at the link that showed what was tested at HM a few months ago (http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...-Gen-queue-testing-at-the-Haunted-Mansion.htm for those of you who have yet to check it out)--and that doesn't seem bad...not SM bad, especially. I understand the point of what they did at SM, and it would be great at times when you're stuck waiting in a long line, but the majority of my experience in the new line has shown me that it just slows things down, because every kid (and some adults) cannot walk past a bunch of colorfully lit buttons without pushing all of them! All that being said, HM is probably my favorite ride at MK (although it's so hard to pick, it's like picking your favorite child)...I was extremely pleased with the last set of changes that were done to the ride (and I am the first to admit that I was nervous that they were going to ruin in), so I am going to remain optimistic here! I do love having new things to look at to go along with the classic elements of the park. I am always amazed at how much detail the parks have...I visit WDW an average of once a month, and I still look around in wonder every time I visit, and I still quite often notice things I have never seen before....so keep em coming, WDI!!! :sohappy:

Mad Stitch

Disney is fighting to keep guests attention from kids AND adults. In most cases it's because of one thing...their cell phone. So many times I have taken people into the parks for their first visit and they sit with their face burried in their phone. Wish I could just build a lead dome over WDW to cut off service from this distraction.

I'm thinking this statement by raven may have something to do with the survey posted here.

HAUNTED KINGDOM:

AT HOME:

Select Ghost Host Online: Choose one of the HM phantom residents to be your guide at MK.

AT PARKS:

Transform phone into Ghost Tracker: Phone turns into a ghost tracker that reveals supernatural activity throughout the park. Capture ghosts with ghost tracker, and release them to empower special surprises.

Meet personal ghost host: come face to face with your ghost host at the conclusion of the ride, and see it’s foot prints follow you outside.

Discover Ghoulish surprises throughout MK: Discover signs of friendly phantoms throughout your day, like laughter of pirate ghosts in adventureland, or a trail of galloping ghosts in frontierland.

blm07

Since they haven't shown us any official artwork or made any kind of announcement of what they are doing, we don't know exactly what they are doing. That is why people are complaining and judging already.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just to put some fears to rest. The vast majority of the tomb stones will be back, and the attraction will not be closing to complete any of this.

enoe01

Most likely not.

AGHHHHH Man I want to see it finished, guess i will have to wait until my Febuary trip. I am really suprised that it will be under refurb during the busy season, but then again nthing in Florida suprises me, they dont start road work until all the snow birds get down here. :fork:

DougK

It's not that we don't like change. It's that we have very little faith in the imagineers of today. Nearly everything they touch turns out for the worse. Since 2006 alone they've ruined Spaceship Earth, Pirates ....

I'm amazed at how so many people on this board just accept this as fact. They have not ruined Spaceship Earth at all. It is still a wonderful attraction. While the current narrator and for that matter her script is by far my least favorite of all of the narrators and scripts, the attraction itself is still amazing. The AA's on the way up are better than ever, and in my riding experience the video on the way down is very popular and alot of fun. I hear many people laughing and enjoying it.

Spaceship Earth is still a very Disney-like attraction and a whole lot of fun! To say it has been "ruined" is very unfair and inaccurate.

So let's wait and see how Haunted Mansion comes out when the new queue is finished and let's be fair too. Who knows, we may actually LIKE it!

GLaDOS

video on the way down is very popular and alot of fun. I hear many people laughing and enjoying it.

Which is a problem. SSE isn't a "laughing" attraction. And before someone jumps on me telling me it's an theme park and they're supposed to be fun, yea I get that. But the tone of SSE is completely destroyed by the flash cartoon ending. SSE is supposed to be a moving, inspirational ride. Not a Jib-Jab cartoon I can make in 5 minutes at home.

Sorry for the thread drift.

LoehnWolf

Just to put some fears to rest. The vast majority of the tomb stones will be back, and the attraction will not be closing to complete any of this.

Thanks..this was my only real concern..Any enhancements made to the HM are welcome, so long as they arent at the cost of forgetting the history and legacy of the attraction

jt04

I read an article that said the new line will go in through the graveyard and near the water, didn't the old line go near the water?

I would love to see a more meandering detailed queue that winds its way back though the woods and has added features that make the experience more immersive and scarier. A bit how the ToT queue works.

NoChesterHester

I would love to see a more meandering detailed queue that winds its way back though the woods and has added features that make the experience more immersive and scarier. A bit how the ToT queue works.

I too would love to see a more detailed and winding queue. I love walking them even when they are empty.

"Scary" however should probably be saved for another park. I already have a hard enough time getting my daughter on the HM.

I'm going to reserve my judgement for when it's done... but it really makes me excited for my next visit since HM is my favorite attraction. :goodnevil Our honeymoon can't come soon enough!

Chip'N'Dale Fan

For me, the HM is as much about laughter as it is about fright. A longer queue around the building would be enjoyable and provide lots of opportunities for sight gags and other bits of humor. But based on the comments in this thread, a meandering queue doesn't sound like it's a possibility. I can't wait to see what they've come up with!

Horizonsfan

I agree that would be nice.

I have to wonder, will there be more walking space or is there just going to be changes to the scenery with this refurbishment?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom