Walls in HM Queue

raven

I think the new queue area will put some scared little ones more at ease. Not cheesey sight gags or anything just a little light hearted insight to what lies in store for them beyond those doors. I have adult friends who still won't ride it because they swear something is going to come out and grab them.

The expansion of the queue isn't even that large. About 6 or 7 items are currently planned for that area and only incorporate the area the current cemetery is in. Directly past the turnstyles the additional queue will turn left into the new area and rejoin the existing queue a little further down. The reason why I say "additional" queue is because it could simply be gated off if needed. The existing path to the door after the turnstyles will remain. This construction could take up to 6 months. Electrical and plumbing needs to be installed before anything else.

inluvwithbeast

I think the new queue area will put some scared little ones more at ease. Not cheesey sight gags or anything just a little light hearted insight to what lies in store for them beyond those doors. I have adult friends who still won't ride it because they swear something is going to come out and grab them.

This. :D

FutureWorld1982

Just to let you know, I took some pictures of the queue area.
There are just walls for now, but there are some marks on the dirt that may hint at the small "queue expansion" into the forest: http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2010/10/next-generation-coming-to-wdw.html

The walls look like this:

24ybuck.jpg

misterID

The expansion of the queue isn't even that large. About 6 or 7 items are currently planned for that area and only incorporate the area the current cemetery is in. Directly past the turnstyles the additional queue will turn left into the new area and rejoin the existing queue a little further down. The reason why I say "additional" queue is because it could simply be gated off if needed. The existing path to the door after the turnstyles will remain. This construction could take up to 6 months. Electrical and plumbing needs to be installed before anything else.

Are the plans that were going to make HM and Pirates scarier after dark dead, or could they still happen... At some point?

Magenta Panther

If I had to guess...Peter Pan's Flight, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Space Ranger Spin. I'd be hard-pressed to think of any other ride commanding long-enough wait times to deserve a super-plussed queue. I'd consider Pirates of the Caribbean, but that always seems to be a walk-on.

Perhaps they would add on to Space Mountain's queue, as the video games are also part of the NextGen initiative. At Winnie the Pooh's queue, they are supposedly installing pseudo-NextGen elements, and I'd imagine Ariel's Undersea Adventure would include the same.

Wow, if the idea is to improve the guest experience while waiting in line, then Peter Pan is definitely one that could use such an improvement. Every time I go to Fantasyland, that ride, for some reason, is usually packed. And that's so great, you know? A ride that old that's still so popular! It warms my Uncle-Walt-lovin' heart. :)

Magenta Panther

Disney is fighting to keep guests attention from kids AND adults. In most cases it's because of one thing...their cell phone. So many times I have taken people into the parks for their first visit and they sit with their face burried in their phone. Wish I could just build a lead dome over WDW to cut off service from this distraction. :animwink:

I know what you mean. It happens everywhere in WDW. The worst example I've seen was within the ToT, in the library, where Rod Serling sets up the ride's backstory. Some idiot was ignoring him and yapping away on his #$%^&@ cellphone!!!!! Loudly, too. I wanted to pop the guy. :fork:

BrerFrog

I would love to see a more meandering detailed queue that winds its way back though the woods and has added features that make the experience more immersive and scarier. A bit how the ToT queue works.

Wouldn't there have to be more space there for something like that? I don't think they have got too much room to work with.

Just to put some fears to rest. The vast majority of the tomb stones will be back, and the attraction will not be closing to complete any of this.

You just made my day! :D

MUTZIE77

enoe01

I cant wait to see this finished! I wish the WDI would at least paint the walls to look like the old graveyard not just a plain brown wood fence. Just my opinion.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Maybe I will run into you working the HM when I am there the end of this month with the family. I will treat you to some good eats in turn for some details :shrug:

Erik

Bribery will get some everywhere! :lol:

Just ask those Alabama politicians that are facing Federal Charges of corruption regarding gambling. :eek:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ok, I haven't had the time to peruse the entire 11 pages of this thread. But, would someone mind updating me on what's going to happen with the headstones? Are they going to be relocated as part of the changes to the queue? Thanks, all. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom