Walk Around the World to be removed.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
JethroTullThickAsABrick.jpg

s8film40

Original Poster
Pile driving won`t cut it on the Seven Seas site. SSEs 3 main foundation anchors are solid 180ft down, American Adventure at 220ft, but for the lagoon site last I heard was they got to 250ft and the pile vanished. Anything is possible, depending on how much they want to spend before beginning above ground construction.
Wow, I guess this myth just isn't going to go away, if anything it seems to be growing, Master Yoda's engineer friend said 180' and now I guess your friend is saying 250'. I guess you probably believe that Walt's frozen head is stored in the castle too. Anyway if you really believe that the land is so unstable you probably should avoid riding the monorail that Disney so foolishly constructed over such an unstable piece of land.

You really think the BLT would be where it is now if the Venitian site was usable?
Absolutely, for the same reason the WL Villas, BC Villas, BW Villas, DAKL Kidani Village, and Saratoga Springs are where they are. They didn't choose to add on to other resorts or remodel existing resorts because all the other land on WDW property is unsuitable, It's just more cost effective than a standalone hotel.

If anyone has anything besides secondhand information from a friend I would love to hear but until that happens this is just a myth plain and simple.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You do sound like a bit of a stroker so I dont know why anyone would choose to furnish you with any information, as no doubt youd choose to ignore that too.

Justr a reminder, its rumours about a tourist attraction your talking about, It like your opinion are not that important in the grand scheme of things. No offence, but Id rather believe posts by folks with a track record on here than some gobe whos found a map through a Google search.

dixiegirl

Stinks if you purchased them!

YOu know I was going through old disney stuff last nite and came across an old paper with the ad for the bricks and I said to my hubby how I kicked myself for not getting one way back when...Glad I never got one..I love the idea though, Better than the large tombstone-like things in front of Spaceship Earth....God they are eye sores!

chwilson88

Ok, maybe I can see them replacing the areas directly in front of MK and TTC. Those are high traffic areas. My brick is way down the path toward the GF. I doubt that they plan to repave a path to nowhere. Perhaps those bricks will survive? :shrug:

You're avatar is the funniest....it gave me a little memory jog from being there about 6 months ago, turning on the TV and seeing this crazy Asian guy trying to sell appliances, with his g/f or wife chiming in every now and then....so annoying but funny at the same time! Nice one.

s8film40

Original Poster
You do sound like a bit of a stroker so I dont know why anyone would choose to furnish you with any information, as no doubt youd choose to ignore that too.
If someone has any real factual information I assure you I would not ignore it. I admit that comment was a little facetious as I highly doubt someone has any factual evidence to back up a myth that isn't true.

Justr a reminder, its rumours about a tourist attraction your talking about, It like your opinion are not that important in the grand scheme of things. No offence, but Id rather believe posts by folks with a track record on here than some gobe whos found a map through a Google search.

I have no opinion on the matter, I simply have chosen to believe the factual information from trusted sources over the second hand reports of individuals on an internet forum (known for inaccurate information). I did not need to do a google search to find information on this, I have hard copy documents in my file cabinet and need look no further than the WDW Master Land Use Plans hanging on the wall in my office. I could have very easily spouted off comments detailing what my engineer friends know about this piece of land but I prefer to offer information that is publicly available from a reliable source and verifiable. I suppose maybe we should disregard all the nonsense that Master Yoda googles and posts to the WDW Permit thread as well.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If someone has any real factual information I assure you I would not ignore it. I admit that comment was a little facetious as I highly doubt someone has any factual evidence to back up a myth that isn't true.

I have no opinion on the matter, I simply have chosen to believe the factual information from trusted sources over the second hand reports of individuals on an internet forum (known for inaccurate information). I did not need to do a google search to find information on this, I have hard copy documents in my file cabinet and need look no further than the WDW Master Land Use Plans hanging on the wall in my office. I could have very easily spouted off comments detailing what my engineer friends know about this piece of land but I prefer to offer information that is publicly available from a reliable source and verifiable. I suppose maybe we should disregard all the nonsense that Master Yoda googles and posts to the WDW Permit thread as well.

Welcome to my ignore list. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Excuse me? What nonsense is posted there? It was simply a thread where all the daily NOC's that Disney filed with Orange and Osceola County were listed.

If you have a geological report on this section of land by all means post it.

s8film40

Original Poster
Excuse me? What nonsense is posted there? It was simply a thread where all the daily NOC's that Disney filed with Orange and Osceola County were listed.

If you have a geological report on this section of land by all means post it.
I was simply trying to make a point. Amongst all the secondhand accounts and rumors that revolve around WDW it is nice to have the WDW Permits thread to get information from a trusted reliable source. However it seems hypocritical that when I also post information from a government website so that other can see what is going on from a trusted reliable source it is criticized and we are told we should believe secondhand accounts over factual documents.

I guess it just goes to show people are going to believe what they want to believe even if it means pretending like they know what's going on because they have friends who are "engineers" or just ignoring the truth.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was simply trying to make a point. Amongst all the secondhand accounts and rumors that revolve around WDW it is nice to have the WDW Permits thread to get information from a trusted reliable source. However it seems hypocritical that when I also post information from a government website so that other can see what is going on from a trusted reliable source it is criticized and we are told we should believe secondhand accounts over factual documents.

I guess it just goes to show people are going to believe what they want to believe even if it means pretending like they know what's going on because they have friends who are "engineers" or just ignoring the truth.
I have always considered myself a skeptic. I have always accepted the possibility that everything I know is wrong. If I was presented with evidence to the contrary then I would change my mind. I once believed that acupuncture, chiropractic treatments and homeopathy worked. Once I took an interest and began to dig all of the valid scientific evidence said other wise and my view changed. I know know that they are no more than placebos and I am fine in admitting that I was wrong.

Every reference to the Mediterranean Resort, both online and in print, say the same thing. The resort was planned, designed, the ground cleared and was abruptly stopped when a problem with the land was discovered. I can see a project getting that far and getting scrapped, I have seen projects get farther than that only to get shut down, but if the site was ideally suited for building why demolish a recently refurbed section of an established resort to build BLT if you have a perfectly good piece of land, in a better location, just sitting there?

The engineer I refereed to was not a friend. At most he was a coworker. In truth I could not stand the guy. He was IMHO a poor engineer with a poor work ethic. When the company I work for combined our two offices he showed me a portfolio of some of the projects he worked on and I noticed a few pictures of Walt Disney World. I asked him About the structural issues with Horizons and the Mediterranean site. He told me he knew of no issues with Horizons and about the poor conditions at the Mediterranean site. All were inline with the information that was out there. He had no particular interest in WDW and no reason to lie to me.

Could he be wrong? Could all of the references to the Mediterranean online and in print be wrong? Absolutely, but until I see something more than a vague land usage map I will believe what is currently accepted as the truth.

You continually use the term "secondhand information" and I agree with your assessment that it is not reliable. Just look at what happened at BB last week. It was reported that a guests arm was severed. It turned out to be a bad cut. (BB Accident thread) Aside from a land usage map with an ambiguous term on it what have you provided that is not secondhand? You claim to have the evidence to prove that the site in question is perfectly suited for building sitting right in your filing cabinet yet you don't post it. People claim have invented free energy machines but the claim alone does not make them true.

Show us the prof you claim to have and I will gladly admit I am wrong. I value the information I have being correct far more than I value me being right.

Monorail_Orange

No, we've moved on to beating the take mushrooms out of each other with the bricks instead...:hammer::ROFLOL:

For my $.02, my family was given a brick in 95 as a Christmas gift. It's between MK and CR very near the switchbeam. I have to admit, I would be very sorry to see it go, although i do believe we've gotten our money's worth. You can put me down as another idiot that would line up to get "ripped off" again if they started the brick campaign anew.

P.S. I also bought into LaL...but not until 2006. They gotta keep my tile a while longer :drevil:

s8film40

Original Poster
I have always considered myself a skeptic. I have always accepted the possibility that everything I know is wrong.

I feel the same way

Every reference to the Mediterranean Resort, both online and in print, say the same thing. The resort was planned, designed, the ground cleared and was abruptly stopped when a problem with the land was discovered. I can see a project getting that far and getting scrapped, I have seen projects get farther than that only to get shut down, but if the site was ideally suited for building why demolish a recently refurbed section of an established resort to build BLT if you have a perfectly good piece of land, in a better location, just sitting there?

I have answered this question, there is a lot of suitable land in WDW that is not being used why then have they added on to so many hotels or remolded existing ones. The answer is they are simply adding DVC to existing hotels so that the DVC and main hotels section can share the same resources.

You continually use the term "secondhand information" and I agree with your assessment that it is not reliable. Just look at what happened at BB last week. It was reported that a guests arm was severed. It turned out to be a bad cut. (BB Accident thread) Aside from a land usage map with an ambiguous term on it what have you provided that is not secondhand? You claim to have the evidence to prove that the site in question is perfectly suited for building sitting right in your filing cabinet yet you don't post it. People claim have invented free energy machines but the claim alone does not make them true.

Show us the prof you claim to have and I will gladly admit I am wrong. I value the information I have being correct far more than I value me being right.

My point is if this is all true and they started construction and found the land to be unsuitable all these years ago, why then have RCID and WDW kept this area on their plans for future use as a hotel?

Also the monorail was built directly over this site how were they able to accomplish this if these conditions are present?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Are we still talking about bricks?:lookaroun

I am pretty sure the discussion of bricks ended a few pages back. :lol: Like with all good threads on Magic this one has devolved into discussion of something vaguely related to the original topic. :shrug: :lol:

As for my thoughts on the possible brick removal, I am sad to see them go. I think I might pack a crowbar and shovel for my December trip so I can go rescue mine from the TTC to Poly walkway. :lookaroun

Random question sort of related to the topic: Has anyone else noticed that some of the bricks right near the main entrance of MK appear to have some sort of sealant on them? They sort of have a wet look now and are shinier than the rest of the surrounding bricks. I don't recall noticing this on my trip in July but just last week I saw a bunch of them like that. I am wondering if this is something that Disney did to them or if individual owners did it. They actually look pretty nice like this and I think it revives them a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom