Wait Lines for New Gondolas

disney4life2008

I don’t see a problem with Disney bloggers or anyone else wanting to ride the gondolas. Why is it even an issue?

And if they want to document it from all angles, good for them. I am already looking forward to Martin’s Ultimate Tribute video. :D

That's the problem. The question was wait times. It's not an attraction it's transportation. But people will go ride it. The bloggers are pathetic.

disney4life2008

Nope.

The rate of people the gondolas can handle is more than enough for peak times. A few extra gawkers and joy riders (who will try it out during the day far from peak times) will have no effect. No where near the tipping point for more people arriving than the ride can dispatch.

That remains to be seen.

NormC

Actually people have been sayin that there will NOT be bus transportation, they are saying there will be the gondola and that's it
The gondola will replace the direct routes but the rest of the buses will still be available. If anyone said otherwise they are wrong. The gondolas do not got to MK or AK so there would still be those buses as well as Disney Springs, etc. There just won't be buses from POP to Epcot or DHS.

Goofyernmost

That's the problem. The question was wait times. It's not an attraction it's transportation. But people will go ride it. The bloggers are pathetic.
What's the deal with your obsession about bloggers. Is blogger a new dirty word. Is it supposed to be an insult and imply that the only people that might find it fun to ride a Gondola, has to be a lesser human being. (I am assuming that you relate bloggers in a lesser human being type way.)

I can't wait for them to start running because I want to ride them from one end to the other. Why because they are there, but, I can assure you that I won't be doing that at park opening or closing. They look like they will be fun to do at least once. One other bit of reality... I am not now nor have I ever been a "blogger". I have never really even read an official blog nor follow one in anyway. I think that people that focus on one thing like trying to insult bloggers are extremely pathetic.

Last edited:

REG Glenn

Original Poster
I have ridden a similar and much shorter gondola at the Texas State Fair. The cars look the same, with no AC. Texas in October can still be very hot. The cars are well ventilated due to the breeze above tree top, but are still hot. With the heat, and no openness to the carriage, I felt claustrophobic. Rode it with mild temperatures, not claustrophobic. Don’t no why this was, just saying this was my experience. I believe a hot day may adversely alter the experience.

Most the time this State Fair gondola has no wait. Most likely due to a $5 per person ride one way. However, during Texas/OU weekend, the line is long, and moves slowly. Seems inefficient, but I must remember that the ride operators are disinterested fair workers. Disney will streamline this process to make it as efficient as possible.

I love that this is coming to WDW, just hope this has been thought through. Despite what some say, this is more than transportation. Descending over the Ratatouille attraction in the France pavilion is going to be way cool. Experiencing the gondola with my family and friends in our private pod is so much more than standing on a crowded bus. Coming into Hollywood Studios over the parking lot, not so much. But the lagoon landing at POP/AoA would entice me to take a ride, especially if the parks get crowded and I wish to take a side trip away from my favorite Wilderness Lodge. I would never take a bus to dine at the reinvented Caribbean Beach. A gondola ride there, heck yeah. This skyway is going to be ridiculously popular. I’ve read the capacity estimates; no one knows the wait time estimates. I’m betting like everything else at Disney, this will be VERY crowded.

disney4life2008

What's the deal with your obsession about bloggers. Is blogger a new dirty word. Is it supposed to be an insult and imply that the only people that might find it fun to ride a Gondola, has to be a lesser human being. (I am assuming that you relate bloggers in a lesser human being type way.)

I can't wait for them to start running because I want to ride them from one end to the other. Why because they are there, but, I can assure you that I won't be doing that at park opening or closing. They look like they will be fun to do at a least once. One other bit of reality... I am not now nor have I ever been a "blogger". I have never really even read an official blog nor follow one in anyway. I think that people that focus on one thing like trying to insult bloggers are extremely pathetic.

I don't need to repeat myself

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You know that Spirit isn't around anymore, right? Mentioning 'bloggers' and 'life-stylers' doesn't rouse a mob with torches and pitchforks anymore.
2pwnta.jpg

thomas998

Sorry if this question has already been answered on another thread; Will the resorts that have these still offer bus service to the same parks?
Considering the gondolas will most likely need to be closed when lightning is in the area then it seem they would have to still provide other transportation... but realistically they would only do the gondolas with the expectation of being able to reduce the expense of buses so I would expect fewer buses than you currently get.

thomas998

Their prices are likely to adjust accordingly due to being Gondola served.
When I look at the layout of the tracks I can't see the gondola system being a huge draw for any hotel, the layout suggests that every hotel will likely suffer from bottle necks during peak hours when everyone is wanting to go to the park since no hotel appears to have a direct connect to any park that isn't also going to be hit with a deluge of guest arriving from another hotel and needing to transfer to the outgoing line. I have a feeling it is going to be a cluster when it opens with some very long lines at the transfer points

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When I look at the layout of the tracks I can't see the gondola system being a huge draw for any hotel
It wouldn’t draw me to it, but apparently it will draw others.

Or even if popularity doesn’t increase, it’ll cost more to stay at the served resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom