Wafflefest

Pongo

nibblesandbits said:
And what the hell does not notable mean? (I'm feeling really stupid right now)

I guess Wiki wants to stay credible. They only allow "real" information to be made into an entry and if people see one that isn't, I guess they're supposed to report it.

Pretty dumb.

imagineer boy

PROPOSED RIDES FOR BANNED MEMBERS LAND:

Carousel of Thrawn "There's a great big beautiful flame war, shining at the end of every thread"

Universe of Ghostbusters "Join Ghostbusters and Ellen DeGeneres, as they travel through all of the threads that Ghostbusters ruined while Ellen must win the troll catagory on the Jip-Parody game show"

Any thoughts? :D

CaptainMichael

In my opinion, it is very notable. Someone started a thread on here to ask about it. Wafflefest is a real thing. Basically, the person thought I was being vane and that I made this up. Well, it is true that I made it up, but it was a group effort.

CaptainMichael

imagineer boy said:

Carousel of Thrawn "There's a great big beautiful flame war, shining at the end of every thread"

Universe of Ghostbusters "Join Ghostbusters and Ellen DeGeneres, as they travel through all of the threads that Ghostbusters ruined while Ellen must win the troll catagory on the Jip-Parody game show"

Ummm...you are supposed to be designing the 3-D movie for Banned Members Land, and don't forget that JayDarkKnight is very much a part of the land.(and Bill, etc.) Dandaman could be on that list too...:lookaroun (that was for Connor)

This article wasn't the big thing I was talking about from Waffineering. That, you will have to wait for (Wednesday probably)

nibblesandbits

imagineer boy said:

:lol:

Oh, and as Micheal said, you can't forget JayDarkKnight...I thought of another person, but they aren't banned...so I guess they don't count.

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
:lol:

Oh, and as Micheal said, you can't forget JayDarkKnight...I thought of another person, but they aren't banned...so I guess they don't count.
Is he named after a famous wizard???:drevil: If so, as Head Waffineer, I say he is allowed. It is important to have the attraction in development because he will be banned by the time it is completed. I think an animatronic yeti beating him up whilst a laughing Einstein animatronic watches would be appropriate!

nibblesandbits

STR8FAN2005 said:
Is he named after a famous wizard???:drevil: If so, as Head Waffineer, I say he is allowed. It is important to have the attraction in development because he will be banned by the time it is completed. I think an animatronic yeti beating him up whilst a laughing Einstein animatronic watches would be appropriate!
That's not who I was talking about...I was thinking of somebody from the Simpsons

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
That's not who I was talking about...I was thinking of somebody from the Simpsons
Nibbs, you have officially lost me just now.

Here is my defense for Wafflefest:
Wafflefest is very much a real thing and so are the ideas behind Waffle World. This is event is the creation of a group of people who share the same ideas, passions, and personalities. The idea behind the article was to produce the entire history of the event from its inception to today. People have been requesting the history of Wafflefest, so I have produced it. In my opinon, it is very notable.

CaptainMichael

Wafflefest is one month old today!

Also, the Wafflefest Wikipedia article needs help from this site if it is to remain on Wikipedia. Apparently, they are only interested in hosting real things that have the support of many people. Right now, everyone wants to delete it. I'm the only one defending it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Wafflefest

Here are the comments:

Delete as nonsense, though its interesting to note that there actually is a relatively notable comedy festival in Texas also called "Wafflefest" [1] (but its clearly different from the festival described in the article nominated for deletion) --TBC??? ??? ??? 05:03, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Wafflefest is very much a real thing and so are the ideas behind Waffle World. This is event is the creation of a group of people who share the same ideas, passions, and personalities. The idea behind the article was to produce the entire history of the event from its inception to today. People have been requesting the history of Wafflefest, so I have produced it. In my opinon, it is very notable.--MickelMouse87 05:16, 21 March 2006 (UTC)

Delete as per nom (great, now I want waffles)--Tony Fox 05:46, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Delete rubbish.Blnguyen | Have your say!!! 05:52, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Delete this is not notable enough to have a wikipedia article.--B.U. Football For Life|Talk 05:52, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Delete WP is not for things made up in school one day. (aeropagitica) 06:43, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Delete, non-notable, WP:NFT and WP:VSCA apply. --Kinu t/c 07:09, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Delete as per above. --Khoikhoi 08:39, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Comment: This appears to be the output from a forum, wdwmagic.com. How come they can't host the article, or the history of Wafflefest, on their own site? --Elkman - (talk) 16:49, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Comment: A user has changed the article to point to the comedy festival. You must go to history and open prior version to see the text underlying this AFD vote. --Fuhghettaboutit 17:03, 21 March 2006 (UTC)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Wafflefest"

dandaman

STR8FAN2005 said:
Ok here is my proposal for the official histories of Wafflefest and Waffle World that I will be submitting to Wikipedia as soon as the founding fathers approve. This means Luke, Connor, and myself. Nibbs, you can also be involved as you've been there from the start.

I was, too! :cry:

dandaman

STR8FAN2005 said:
Wafflefest is one month old today!

Also, the Wafflefest Wikipedia article needs help from this site if it is to remain on Wikipedia. Apparently, they are only interested in hosting real things that have the support of many people. Right now, everyone wants to delete it. I'm the only one defending it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Wafflefest

What got stuck up their arses? :rolleyes:

"Wikipedia is not for things made up in school one day..."

Explain this, then, moron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisbee

[/rant]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom