Wafflefest

CaptainMichael

My response to the Wiki peeps:

I am very disappointed with all of the negativity towards Wafflefest on here. Wafflefest is far from being just something that was made in school one day. It has been in planning for month and has a good following. I'm sorry that you do not see the relevance. I felt that it was interesting thing to share with the world. Do as you wish, but I do not see the harm of restoring the article

imagineer boy

STR8FAN2005 said:
My response to the Wiki peeps:

I am very disappointed with all of the negativity towards Wafflefest on here. Wafflefest is far from being just something that was made in school one day. It has been in planning for month and has a good following. I'm sorry that you do not see the relevance. I felt that it was interesting thing to share with the world. Do as you wish, but I do not see the harm of restoring the article

Just tell them that they're all idiotic morons with no sense of humor and be done with it! :lol: :sohappy: :hammer: :drevil:

CaptainMichael

Connor002 said:
No... if you check the page's history the person that brought the first problem up changed it back because "Changing articvle back to prior version--It's cuasing problems for voters at AFD whi can't see what is being voted on presently, despite Astrokey's good faith and excellent rehabilitation edits."
Yeah, as soon as our time is up, they will be taking it down. There is no way Wiki is going to keep it.:fork:

CaptainMichael

Scroll down on the main page to the link that says "start your own page". Click on it and that should bring you to a blank page where you can post your article. You could register if you choose to, but I don't think that it is required.

Here is the Wafflefest Imposter from Austin, TX:
I didn't expect much. I figured, okay, these Hideout people, they'll pass out a few handfuls of naked, half-thawed squares of corrugated dough to "enjoy" while taking in all the improv comedy showcased in their third annual Wafflefest. Because, hey, it's just a gimmick, after all.
I'd warned my stomach before leaving the apartment. "Dude," I'd told my stomach, "deal with it, okay? The waffles are probably gonna be lame, sure; but just be cool, and I'll take you out for some pot roast after the show. Because we have to do this, okay? I mean, I promised the cerebellum some prime stimulation, and you know what a she can be when we don't follow through."

We didn't need no stinking pot roast, however. We didn't need a damned thing, it turned out, after t__________g into the fluffy, nicely toasted, golden brown waffley delights served up with an array of condiments – chocolate sauce, honey, whipped cream, Mrs. Butterworth, freshly sliced bananas – before the action began onstage.

And the action did begin, and it was no disappointment. Just Friday night itself offered six different troupes of different styles and what they call skill sets, and two of those troupes, Get Up and the Knuckleball Now, were among the best we'd ever seen. The cerebellum was particularly pleased (crying tears of electrochemical brain fluid in sheer joy at one point) by the literary gambits the Knuckleballers assayed within the "Jailed for Overdue Library Book" situation they'd been tossed as a random subject. And later, Girls, Girls, Girls did 20 minutes of their extemporaneous live musical thing with the suggested topic of "Hippie Hollow" and rocked the house with spontaneous guitar-fueled tunage about public nudity and relationships gone awry. And through all of this, between the sets? People with trays of waffles, roaming the aisles, handing out more, more, more.

Improvisational comedy in Austin has been at a peak lately. Maybe it's because the quality of what you'll see, here, outside of Wafflefest, on any given weekend, is so good … maybe that's why the folks at the Hideout didn't scrimp on their surrounding gimmick. Maybe that's why the waffles and their toppings were as good as the improv, and the improv good enough to make your stomach forget about pot roast for at least another six hours.
And that is better than our Wafflefest how?

Connor002

STR8FAN2005 said:
Scroll down on the main page to the link that says "start your own page". Click on it and that should bring you to a blank page where you can post your article. You could register if you choose to, but I don't think that it is required.

I'm already registered, but that's not important right now....

Connor002

STR8FAN2005 said:
On a sadder note, Wikipedia has officially gotten rid of Wafflefest:fork:

Hmm... well, if that's what it takes. There will always be those who attempt to suppress new ideas and innovations...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom