Vote for Walt Disney!

Shaman

Nut4Disney said:
By the way, what historians would you be referring to? The same historians who will make sure that Bill Clinton goes down in the history books as a great and moral president. Please, put down the NY Times and turn off CNN and MTV and welcome to the real world. That's really the sad part, Universities teaching impressionable kids, liberal biased, politically correct garbage. :cry:

Respectfully,

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only ignorance allows one to become impressionable...hence the current state of this country AND this world. When people are forced into ignorance quited by accusations of treason...censored under the banner of morality...and so people become impressionable...molded into what those in power want the people to be molded...

History is biased....but we shouldn't forget we got to this point because of things that happened in the past. The accomplishments of men like Franklin and FDR should not be overlooked and put aside because of idiotic accusations made by historians many years later.

Since when has ANY president EVER been MORAL? Name one. But sense you made reference to the Clinton Administration....last time I checked the country was better off all those years ago than it is NOW. The facts speak for themeselves, yet we must never forget that they can be spun to mean whatever we want them to...

Impressionable? Please...lets not talk about impressionable...

(Excuse my very political post and OPINION, I know its somewhat late, but when I saw this thread and read all the posts I could not hold back from a mild response, and while I did quote Nut4Disney my post was for the most part not directed at him/her.)

jhastings74

Ditto to the comment about the missing of Jim Henson...

Here are the ones I found ridiculous, and also the person who is next to them on the list to make them look even more ridiculous...

Laura Bush (huh?, but Nancy Reagan didn't make it?)...she's next to Andrew Carnegie

John Edwards (for....?)...he's in between Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein

Brett Favre (see kids? who needs school when playing football will earn you the title of all-time greatest American)...he's next to Henry Ford

Rush Limbaugh (no comment)...next to Abraham Lincoln

Arnold Schwarzenegger (How old was he when he arrived in America?)

Yup, Walt has my vote...overcame huge obstacles, influenced society as a whole, changed the world of entertainment forever, legacy lives on and effects more people on a daily basis then many other famous people on the list...

-Jeff

S_Grise

And what about Barack O'Bama? I didn't think anyone outside of Chicago even knows who he is! (Not that he's not a great American, just surprised to see his name.) Michael Jackson, Pat Tillman and Bret Whatshisname are the most shocking, IMO. BTW, this show was done in Canada before. A Canadian woman on another forum I belong to was saying that they could never do this show in America because we are all so shallow, we'd only nominate movie stars and sports figures. She must have been psychic!

WDWScottieBoy

Just wanted to remind everyone that voting starts tonight at 8ET/7CT.

PLEASE vote for Walt (or whoever you think is the greatest American).

dandaman

I've never heard of an American knock-off of a Canadian show until now... I think Frederick Banting (creator of insulin, I think... I need to brush up on my Canadiana. :)) won "The Greatest Canadian (CBC) a few months ago.

P.S. Who would want to copy a Canadian show? :lookaroun

WDWBro

nobody should vote for pat tillman, it's exactly what he didn't want. he'd want every other American soldier who died in combat to be on par with him. god bless all their souls.

SirGoofy

I'm definately going to vote for Walt, and I have to say I am appaled at some of the choices. Nixon!? Come on, he was at the heart of one of the greatest scandals in American History. ALL the Bushes!? Jimmy Carter? Michael Moore? Martha Stewart? Tom Cruise? Ellen DeGenerras? John Edwards? What has he even done? Favre? Mel Gibson is from Australia! Tom Hanks? Rush Limbaugh? I love George Lucas, but he isn't one of the greatest Americans. DR. PHIL!? That is the worst of them all! Condaleeza Rice!? She's done NOTHING to desrve this. I respect pat Tillman for what he did, but he shouldnt be on this list. Oprah? You have to be kidding me. Tiger? No. Well all I can hope is that some people who really dsesrve this honor get higher than these people.

Shaman

SirGoofy said:
I'm definately going to vote for Walt, and I have to say I am appaled at some of the choices. Nixon!? Come on, he was at the heart of one of the greatest scandals in American History. ALL the Bushes!? Jimmy Carter? Michael Moore? Martha Stewart? Tom Cruise? Ellen DeGenerras? John Edwards? What has he even done? Favre? Mel Gibson is from Australia! Tom Hanks? Rush Limbaugh? I love George Lucas, but he isn't one of the greatest Americans. DR. PHIL!? That is the worst of them all! Condaleeza Rice!? She's done NOTHING to desrve this. I respect pat Tillman for what he did, but he shouldnt be on this list. Oprah? You have to be kidding me. Tiger? No. Well all I can hope is that some people who really dsesrve this honor get higher than these people.

True...some of the choices are a bit questionable (especially the ones you mentioned)...

*shrugs*

imagineer boy

SirGoofy said:
I'm definately going to vote for Walt, and I have to say I am appaled at some of the choices. Nixon!? Come on, he was at the heart of one of the greatest scandals in American History.

I agree. He should make the list of the worst americans. Who the heck nominated him?!

SirGoofy said:
ALL the Bushes!?

Well, its one of those you like them or hate them sort of things.

SirGoofy said:
Michael Moore?

Funny, since he made a documentary bashing our own president. Seems kinda ironic. :lol:

SirGoofy said:
Martha Stewart?

I really can't belive that either. Someone who comitted a crime should NOT be on that list.

SirGoofy said:
Tom Cruise?

He's a good actor.

SirGoofy said:
Mel Gibson is from Australia!

Oh, come on. Just because he wasn't born in America doesn't mean he isn't an American. Anyone who lives here is an American. Doesn't matter where they are born.

SirGoofy said:
I love George Lucas, but he isn't one of the greatest Americans.

Where would American pop culture be without Star Wars. He definately deserves to be on that list.

SirGoofy said:
DR. PHIL!? That is the worst of them all!

I agree! He tells lies about men, and make women do the wrong things. He probably has some dedicated fans that worked their butts off to get him nominated.

SirGoofy said:
Well all I can hope is that some people who really dsesrve this honor get higher than these people.

Hopefully. Dr. Phil had better not be anywhere near #1.

SirGoofy

imagineer boy said:
Where would American pop culture be without Star Wars. He definately deserves to be on that list.

Yea, I guess your right. I'm one of the biggest Star Wars fans that you can find, but I just think of Lucas when I think of great Americans. But now that I think of it, he did change the way movies are made.

Pongo

Thank you, America, for voting Walt into the top 25.

Now we can (if we choose to) vote him into the next cut.

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom