Vote for Walt Disney!

mkepcotmgmak

this is crazy! i can't find it anywhere on the site, and walt was just on... i missed the number to vote for him, but it said go online now to vote...??? no where to vote... when i click on walt's picture, it says that voting starts on june 5th... HELLO!?!? :hammer:

jmenjes

I've been trying to call in for the last couple of minutes and haven't had much luck...lines must already be jammed.

T-1MILLION

Lines seem to be disconected or jamed for me as well. I will keep trying. I was so happy Walt made it into the top 25! I hope the online polls open soon.

SpectroMan

Was I the only one who was disappointed in how the showed Walt Disney.

They did not talk about how he was the AMERICAN DREAM. Starting from his poor early life, to serving his country in World War I, to creating great cartoons and movies, to his hope in the future. Walt Disney was not just a man who created happiness in his movies and theme parks.

He was a true American: making cartoons for the government and allowing the army to move into his studio in World War II. Mainstreet USA also shows his American patriotism. Another is his great view of the future. All great Americans want the future to be better, and his belief in technology shows this. EPCOT was what he thought would be the next step in the American community, and look at how downsized EPCOTs are popping up all over the United States.

My last point, but I feel I am preaching to the choir: America has been defined by having great dreams and spreading them across the world. Hasn't Walt Disney done this? It may have not been seen in his lifetime, but he spread the Disney way across the world. He started American globalization.

Pongo

GrumpysGal said:
I agree with you SpectroMan. And I wish they could have had some other "knowledgeable" people commenting on his behalf.

You mean to say that the articulate Lance Bass isn't "knowledgeable" enough for you?

:rolleyes: :lol:

GrumpysGal

A combination of Lance Bass, JC Chasez and Clay Aiken as commentators didn't quite persuade or move me to vote for Walt. (Not that I need them to, anyway) But it would have been nice to have maybe Tom Brokaw explain Walt's greatness.

S_Grise

GrumpysGal said:
I agree with you SpectroMan. And I wish they could have had some other "knowledgeable" people commenting on his behalf.
I also agree. Hopefully we'll get a more complete story next week. Keep those votes coming folks!

MagicalMonorail

Barrack Obama. I'm sure he's a great guy, and I know he has an awesome story, but what has he really done for America? If he has done something, I apologize, but I don't know how he is one of the greatest Americans.

Even though George Lucas is just an entertainer, I think he should be higher on the list.

But anyway, GO WALT!

Woody13

What a shame that Walt Disney, Oprah, Elvis and Bob Hope made the top 25. I suppose it's just a reflection of how shallow popularity truly is and poor education.

Halfling418

I think Walt is truly a facinating man not only because of his imagination and accomplishment of the "American Dream", but his flaws as well. More complicated than he first seems...no wonder he got along with Howard Hughes!

And yes, I know he didn't go to college, and neither did some of the other finalists. But I don't place my admiration in how educated or intellictual someone is, but rather what they have done for others. And Walt Disney has done more than enough for me.

SpectroMan

I believe I have a decent education, and I think Bob Hope and Walt Disney are Great Americans. They are the two greatest entertainers who did the most for America. But, presidents, and authors, and generals made Walt Disney and Bob Hope the Great Americans they were. And we must not forget that the great nation of the United States would be no where if it were not for the American soldier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom