VIP Tours to include RotR without a BG as of July 11th

jinx8402

I was going to say - whether or not it was their mistake, they’ll be the ones taking the flak for it.
I guess their only saving grace, since these are completely booked out 60 days in advance, is that they can fall back on that ROTR was never guaranteed w/o boarding group when they booked.

correcaminos

I guess their only saving grace, since these are completely booked out 60 days in advance, is that they can fall back on that ROTR was never guaranteed w/o boarding group when they booked.
A few might cancel too opening to those who don't care about RotR
They will probably just give those impacted a BG to keep them quiet. It will be a short-lived issue.
Wouldn't be a bad idea.

correcaminos

Except for those that have called to confirm the update and have been told it does include. I suppose they could always lean on the fact that policies and attraction access are always subject to change.

I found it weird that when I called in on Monday to validate the updated policy with Signature Services for an upcoming tour date that an updated letter/itinerary wasn’t able to be provided as per the cast member, they didn’t even have an updated document to distribute.

Fun times. Lol 🤦‍♂️
I think they're just behind the times. After the outdoor mask policy changed, I got an email reminding me that masks were required as were temp checks. Which wasn't the case. Thought it was weird they were so behind.

correcaminos

Yeah, the cast member I spoke with about 10-minutes ago from Signature Services mentioned that it’s not uncommon for their communications to take some time getting approved for distribution following policy changes.
I really didn't think much of it, but it did make me smile. I confirmed verbally before we left and visually when I saw a tour the day before ours with guests mask free. Just kind of amusing that "signature services" was a little behind (okay kind of a lot on the temp checks) :D

lentesta

Premium Member
Did this change?

The site that can't be named is reporting that guests using the VIP tour will still need to obtain a boarding group.

@lentesta - looks like you were ahead of the game yesterday on the RoTR thread.

Lucky guess. :)

My understanding - and I could be completely wrong here - is that there was guest feedback on (1) paying for a VIP tour and having the ride not available; and (2) paying more than a VIP tour for their hotel rooms and tickets while not even getting a boarding group. Those are, as you can imagine, difficult conversations to have for front-line CMs to have. I'm not sure if refunds were given, but apparently management decided it wasn't worth the complaints.

Which makes me think, wow, wait until management hears about paid FastPass.

ToTBellHop

Just got off the phone to confirm the policy change and it has indeed changed. Apparently it was changed / revoked mid-day on Monday based on what I was told.

No boarding group “given”. Reservation noted that there is interest in ROTR and per my request, my feedback will be passed along to leadership (for whatever it’s worth). I didn’t call and create a scene though, simply verified the policy change and politely shared frustrations/grievances as it’s not the cast member’s fault that is on the other end of the phone.
I know they are different resorts, but someone recently whined at the Grand Californian over spending full price there and having to wake up for a BG (they failed to get one). Guest Services gave them a BG.

Squeaky wheel…

pixarprincess

It actually didn't occur to me that people would complain about the cost of their tickets/hotel compared to VIP. Since VIP also requires tickets and I assumed most people doing it were also staying on site. Though I guess that isn't a requirement.

Chomama

I am not certain on the ability for guides to ride with guests again. I didn’t particularly ask and it wasn’t a topic covered during conversation. If I hear anything on this in my conversations with them, I’ll be certain to share.

Not that it’s a huge issue without them, but I’m hoping they bring back the VIP viewing areas for fireworks as part of the tours prior to the end of August.
Missed this but guides began eating and riding with guests again early last week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom