VIP Tours to include RotR without a BG as of July 11th

Jeff4272

Imagine being one on whatever day it was going in knowing those before and those after got it. How is that shocking?
Lol.......Because it really never started.......It was reported that it was going to happen, then reported it wasn't......

So people never actually got to book it

correcaminos

Lol.......Because it really never started.......It was reported that it was going to happen, then reported it wasn't......

People book them about 60 days out though filling up super fast now, and it was announced they'd start on this past Sunday. But whatever.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I still feel for those who missed out during the pause
Me too, although I imagine they may get given a BG and park reservation if they ask. I also feel sorry for people who cancelled upcoming tours and now can’t rebook (since they have waiting lists).

Not booked it as such, but those who did the tour for the last couple of days would have missed out - unless they were allowed to ride anyway which is entirely possible.

correcaminos

Me too, although I imagine they may get given a BG and park reservation if they ask. I also feel sorry for people who cancelled upcoming tours and now can’t rebook (since they have waiting lists).

Not booked it as such, but those who did the tour for the last couple of days would have missed out - unless they were allowed to ride anyway which is entirely possible.
Yes, both of those situations. The ones who missed out mid week and the ones who canceled mid week and then found it booked. Until more guides return, it's not easy to book right now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes, both of those situations. The ones who missed out mid week and the ones who canceled mid week and then found it booked. Until more guides return, it's not easy to book right now.
That's the kicker. If you booked thinking it was in, then cancelled when told it was out, then learned after-the-fact it was actually in...

0002.gif

correcaminos

Potentially about 120 tours missed out, many of whom will likely have been at DHS and would have included people who wanted to ride. So a few hundred have probably missed out.
Thank you for explaining. I was beginning to think I was nuts or something.
Based on the information I was provided by signature services when I called on Wednesday, it was more than a one day pause as mid-day on Monday access was revoked and it was still paused at the time of my call Wednesday.

Regardless, it was a short-lived pause for whatever the reason. Thanks for confirming the update to their operations and attraction availability.

@helenabear - Apologies for not getting my call into them sooner. I had additional impromptu conference calls that found their way onto my calendar on a Friday morning. It’s been a Friday that feels like a Monday! 🤪

I did make my call and was able to also verbally confirm with Signature Services that access to ROTR is part of the Private VIP Tour now and at some point in the near future updated itineraries will be sent out that reflect the update to their access to the attraction (for those that are beyond 15-days, updated itineraries should be received when the confirmation email/itinerary is sent out again 15-days prior to their tour date).
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I was out until noon or so. I was able to be online but not make calls since that's kind of what I consider rude at a medical facility for trials. Plus they came and went with blood draws, other medical checks then a trial booster so calling wasn't easy. I so appreciate you confirming!

Jeff4272

Potentially about 120 tours missed out, many of whom will likely have been at DHS and would have included people who wanted to ride. So a few hundred have probably missed out.
It wasn't effective immediately........Meaning it was not scheduled to happen the day it accidently got announced so nobody missed anything........

bit its irrelevant anyway, moving on

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
It wasn't effective immediately........Meaning it was not scheduled to happen the day it accidently got announced so nobody missed anything........

bit its irrelevant anywa
The accidental announcement was that RotR was included, as of Sunday last. People were able to ride from then and did so.

The retraction wasn’t officially announced until after reports came both from those who had taken tours that day and could not ride and from people who were called to tell them their upcoming tour would not in fact include RotR.

pdude81

Does anybody in here know if they are able to send parties on two different attractions near each other at the same time? For example, send half the group to Buzz while the rest do Space Mountain, or a few on ToT while the others ride RNRC? Navi for FoP, etc?

I'd read somewhere that this is doable if you give a plan to the tour guide ahead of time, but I can't remember if it was on the forum somewhere or in an article. Clearly the guide can't go with you on two rides at once, but I'm wondering if they can send a couple people down the FP line and then take the remainder of the group on the next attraction.

This isn't directly related on topic but it's hard to figure out what is allowed or not in a tour and what else, if anything, is changing.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anybody in here know if they are able to send parties on two different attractions near each other at the same time? For example, send half the group to Buzz while the rest do Space Mountain, or a few on ToT while the others ride RNRC? Navi for FoP, etc?

I'd read somewhere that this is doable if you give a plan to the tour guide ahead of time, but I can't remember if it was on the forum somewhere or in an article. Clearly the guide can't go with you on two rides at once, but I'm wondering if they can send a couple people down the FP line and then take the remainder of the group on the next attraction.

This isn't directly related on topic but it's hard to figure out what is allowed or not in a tour and what else, if anything, is changing.
I’ve read reports of VIP tours where they have done this. As you say, the more you can give the tour guide in advance the better, so they can work out the best plan of action.

TrojanUSC

You can do this with most attractions (especially now when there isn't a merge point CM usually), but there may be some restrictions as to which attraction must go first. For example, with your example, the guide can walk Buzz people in and once they are past the greeter, they walk the rest of the group to SPMT (where the guide has to stay with the group basically til boarding).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom