VIP Tours to include RotR without a BG as of July 11th

Jeff4272

It’s just a poll question…in curious who is looking to drop $2000ish to ride this?
I must say, i am not a fan of the BG process (waking up early to reserve a spot) but with that being said, I dont know if theres another way to do ROTR at least for the time being........It seems to be the best way to spread out the lines based on availability/reliability

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I must say, i am not a fan of the BG process (waking up early to reserve a spot) but with that being said, I dont know if theres another way to do ROTR at least for the time being........It seems to be the best way to spread out the lines based on availability/reliability
It’s not a policy change…just putting a few more people each day on it. Not a heavy lift

Jeff4272

Oh I know it is, but considering I was willing to book a club level and then pay extra just to get the extra fast passes, for a 14-day trip, I'm pretty sure I'm still going to come out ahead.
I still think the club level with $50 per person per day would be a fraction of the cost of VIP......Don't foget, VIP is only 1 day...........For a family of 6, you could have got 6 FP's (3 regular and 3 paid) per day ($300 per day) for a total of $3,000 over 10 days plus the cost of the room upgrade.......

That would have given you more than enough in the parks for less price and for 10 days vs 1

But all that doesnt matter any longer

correcaminos

Oh ive been watching. Lots of questions surrounding that. Will it return. At what price. Would it include RotR. My instinct on the last one is probably not.

I also suspect it isn’t coming back because last month the page was available with a note that the tour wasn’t currently being offered. Now it’s removed entirely.
Pre-pandemic, there was speculation about a Star wars tour including it. If VIPs get to go on it, then maybe we'll see it.

I assume no one here has ridden that ride??
Why do you say that? I've been on myself more than once, thanks. Edit: saw your other post. Obviously we chose to do one sans it being included, so it was for everything else. RotR is not worth it alone.

correcaminos

I still think the club level with $50 per person per day would be a fraction of the cost of VIP......Don't foget, VIP is only 1 day...........For a family of 6, you could have got 6 FP's (3 regular and 3 paid) per day ($300 per day) for a total of $3,000 over 10 days plus the cost of the room upgrade.......

That would have given you more than enough in the parks for less price and for 10 days vs 1

There is a little more than just skipping lines at scheduled times. For us being DVC, it is insanely difficult to get club level rooms. I could do cabins and bungalows but honestly they aren't great when we have 4 people - we like our space - because the 2nd bedroom is tiny. They did just add GVs at the end though which could've helped.

The perk with VIP vs FP is that you can do any ride you want when you want, however many times you want. Not to mention separate entrances and quick service too and from the parks and room. It's nice. I personally have the idea to do one per trip to make the rest relaxing. Though I hope they become easier to schedule and reschedule again for weather reasons. We got lucky our last trip that rain was not until later really and the only rain we saw was while driving.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pre-pandemic, there was speculation about a Star wars tour including it. If VIPs get to go on it, then maybe we'll see it.

Why do you say that? I've been on myself more than once, thanks. Edit: saw your other post. Obviously we chose to do one sans it being included, so it was for everything else. RotR is not worth it alone.
…just making sure

the “myth doesn’t equal the man”…but relatively few people have ridden it due to circumstances

correcaminos

…just making sure

the “myth doesn’t equal the man”…but relatively few people have ridden it due to circumstances
I get your point totally though. We took a friend with us on our trip. Massive Star Wars fan. Dropped about $1k on star wars merchandise there even. Loved the ride, but fully admitted RotR was not his favorite ride at WDW. EE took top place for him (me as well)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get your point totally though. We took a friend with us on our trip. Massive Star Wars fan. Dropped about $1k on star wars merchandise there even. Loved the ride, but fully admitted RotR was not his favorite ride at WDW. EE took top place for him (me as well)
Short dark ride…bad IP.
Not imagineering’s fault though.

just a ride. There are others

KrzyKtty

Not when you also consider the price of the club level room that I would not have booked otherwise. I'm perfectly okay staying in a deluxe or moderate resort without booking club level. When you add in the price of The club level rooms on top of the extra fast passes the cost is pretty comparable.

correcaminos

Short dark ride…bad IP.
Not imagineering’s fault though.

just a ride. There are others
Agree! Well themed. Was better the first time. Second ride was less impressive. Not sure I need to do it again. I had more enjoyment walking the area when no one was around as all raced to get on rides. If I do a VIP tour at DHS I'd do it for sure. Otherwise.... eh. I like MMRR more :eek:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agree! Well themed. Was better the first time. Second ride was less impressive. Not sure I need to do it again. I had more enjoyment walking the area when no one was around as all raced to get on rides. If I do a VIP tour at DHS I'd do it for sure. Otherwise.... eh. I like MMRR more :eek:
Yeah…as the prime age and a longtime Star Wars collector (even in the dark times)…it should be a smash for me.

but people are so invested in the classic ethos/characters…so while the lands (been to both) are visually impressive - like avatar - there isn’t strong enough familiarity (which avatar doesn’t need)…so it leaves a wanton feeling.

both rides are adequate for me…that being said: they’re not exciting enough and I’m done

what’s worse…my kids who are Disney followers/nuts are done.

bigger hype for ratat and guardians now

Jeff4272

Not when you also consider the price of the club level room that I would not have booked otherwise. I'm perfectly okay staying in a deluxe or moderate resort without booking club level. When you add in the price of The club level rooms on top of the extra fast passes the cost is pretty comparable.
Not even close....The VIP tour is one day..........The cost for the extra FP would be for 10 days..........

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not even close....The VIP tour is one day..........The cost for the extra FP would be for 10 days..........
I think she’s talking about buying them from the club level pilot program?

and there’s no need to go nuts and buy those for every day…ya been on everything many, many times…

knotts and magic mountain are close to you for that 😎

Jeff4272

3 Additional FP for 6 people for 10 days would be $3,000 plus the additional cost of a club room is no more than $300 per night x 10 days, thats $6,000 total for 10 days.......

A VIP tour would cost you that for 1

KrzyKtty

It is comparable in terms of cost. Just pure dollars. I don't really care about the extra fast passes over the course of 10 days if I can nail all of the ones I was worried about in one day. And the fact that I don't need to worry about missing rise of the resistance because my phone got on at 701 rather than 7:00 a.m. exactly is worth its weight in gold to me. The fact that I have to download an atomic clock to make sure I can get a boarding group at 7:00 a.m. is a little bit ridiculous to me

hopemax

It’s just a poll question…i’m curious who is looking to drop $2000ish to ride this?

Two grand, no...but...

Other than a few days right before they sent all the CP kids home, and a few days in March 2021, Main Entrance passes have been blocked out since RoTR opened. My Dad gave DH and me the comp tickets because we are Star Wars fans, and he is ambivalent. So for him to ride, or for me to ride again we would have to buy 1 day tickets. Which is significantly cheaper than $2000.

But...if it's 7 hours at $550 (is there tax and gratuity?). I'll just call it $4000. If he were to split with 9 other people, like him, then it drops down to $400. $135 vs $400? Plus, the ability to do other things with no wait, driven around backstage? For a person who liked those experiences enough I am not going to tell them they're stupid for doing it.

Now, my Dad has gotten to ride RoTR because he had to buy a FL Resident 4 day on our trip in May due to COVID blockouts and was actually allowed in DHS. His was ~$250, but I wasn't FL Resident and I had to pay $470. So could I have gotten everything I really wanted to do, done via a VIP tour? Is it someone's birthday? Got a job bonus?

So yes, I can envision a set of circumstances where this would be a reasonable option for me.

Remember all those Photopass share groups. Updated version!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Two grand, no...but...

Other than a few days right before they sent all the CP kids home, and a few days in March 2021, Main Entrance passes have been blocked out since RoTR opened. My Dad gave DH and me the comp tickets because we are Star Wars fans, and he is ambivalent. So for him to ride, or for me to ride again we would have to buy 1 day tickets. Which is significantly cheaper than $2000.

But...if it's 7 hours at $550 (is there tax and gratuity?). I'll just call it $4000. If he were to split with 9 other people, like him, then it drops down to $400. $135 vs $400? Plus, the ability to do other things with no wait, driven around backstage? For a person who liked those experiences enough I am not going to tell them they're stupid for doing it.

Now, my Dad has gotten to ride RoTR because he had to buy a FL Resident 4 day on our trip in May due to COVID blockouts and was actually allowed in DHS. His was ~$250, but I wasn't FL Resident and I had to pay $470. So could I have gotten everything I really wanted to do, done via a VIP tour? Is it someone's birthday? Got a job bonus?

So yes, I can envision a set of circumstances where this would be a reasonable option for me.

Remember all those Photopass share groups. Updated version!
Yeah…far too much for all of that

what “other things” do you do at that rate (gone WAY da hell up) that hasn’t been in place since the 90’s and you haven’t done a dozen times?

hopemax

Yeah…far too much for all of that

what “other things” do you do at that rate (gone WAY da hell up) that hasn’t been in place since the 90’s and you haven’t done a dozen times?
Well, in the not so distant future, I will have the option of Ratatouille, Tron and Guardians via VIP that I imagine will not be available for years via an ME pass (I am expecting the current situation of you may enter "after boarding groups have been filled" rules for cast park entry will be part of the new WDW order). And I think I've still only ridden Frozen three times. As a winter solstice baby, I have an affinity for Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom